Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, September 20, 2021

If I wasn’t Walter Mitty…

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,997

Without foreign substance:

 

As you can surmise, on Thursday of this week the mighty Tids editorial department will have produced its 5000th Issue of this morning mess. If it weren’t for more than just political antics, I may have had to have stopped long ago, But then I realized that being a dreamer is what really kept this thing going. I live with my head in the clouds, and take excursions that nobody sees but me. And in these flights of fancy I occasionally find some nuggets in that fluffy whiteness that also might agree… with a deceasing audience like all of you. So, I have four more days for dreams, and delving into political hacker’s schemes, and find enduring themes that might moderate divisive extremes. That will simply for you entertain, in sleet, snow and those days of rain.

 

Maybe I could the next 5,000 without a typo! If I make 5K more, I will be about 103 years and 6 months old. I just read this morn of a woman in Rockland Maine who is 101 years old and is still out there lobsterin’ with the best of them. So, all you gotta do is believe, and anything is possible.

 

The SpaceX Capsule Recovery broadcast was the best Saturday night TV program in eons.

 

If I was George Frederich Handel, I would have stayed with his opening anthem to Zadok the Priest about a minute longer. If I ever become Conductor of the Berlin Philemon, I’ll correct that with my own interpretation and orchestration. The dreamer strikes again.

 

Sorry for the esoteric start. Joe Biden sucks, There. are you happy we’re back to toxic politics?

 

The Question:

Who were the first two emperors of Rome? Bonus: What are the real names of the Righteous Brothers?

 

The Headlines:

Stock Markets Drubbed; Potential Default, Collapse Of Major China Real Estate Behemoth Evergrande Could Have Global Ripple Effect:  Ongoing DC Debate Over Debt Limit Also Spooking Investors

--US To Relax Travel Restrictions For People From UK.

--Big Emmy Winners Are The Crown (Drama) and Ted Lasso (Comedy); Top Acting Awards: Drama – Actor Josh O’Conner (Crown); Actress Olivia Colemand (Crown); Comedy – Actor Jason Sudeikis (Kasso)); Actress Jean Smart (Hack); Limited Series: The Queens Gambit; Top Limited Series Acting – Actor Ewen McGregor (Halston); Actress Kate Winslet (Mare of Easton); Supporting Actors And Actresses were Tobias Menzies (Crown), Gillian Anderson (Crown, Brett Goldstein (Lasso), Hanah Waddington (Lasso).

--Senate Parliamentarian Rules That Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants Can’t Be Part Of Mega Spending Bill; Blow To Schumer Plans.

 

 

Sometimes the Monday Morning issues of Tids read better because I play better music when I start it, often on Sunday Morning.

 

Exactly why does Hawaii have interstate highways?

 

Remember when Joe Bidon promised he would bring the USA back together again. Well, he certainly didn’t start out well when he pushed through a big Dem agenda in the first days in office. So, now a New Fox News poll has 54% of Americans think the country is less united; 37% think it is more united. Most noticeable is the large number of independents with that negative view of his effort.   (Pffft you say, Hrrrumph this is a Fox Poll! But remember Fox polls condemned Trump equally) Pshaw!

 

Some are saying that the Emmy’s weren’t Diverse enough. During the smidge of time I was watching I saw plenty of so-called diversity -- lots of people of varying ethnicities and races throughout the audience. What they must be saying is that too many people won awards solely on talent and performances and not enough on voter emotion and mandated affirmative action.

 

I was thinking that this week I should do a “Best of 5,000 Tids” But I can’t remember any of them. I do remember thinking at times, Hey, this isn’t so bad.”

 

“The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.” – Demetri Martin

 

One of the nice things about watching the SpaceX recovery broadcast was that it reminded you of all the Americas who still do things.

 

The problem isn’t that obesity runs in a family. The problem is that a family doesn’t run.

 

Remember when an economic development for a town was the construction of a big factory producing stuff by a lot of people with good paying jobs, that was sold around the world so that other people outside of town were sending us money. And that big factory needed lots of support businesses around town. Now-a-days, a big business development is a new gas station with a giant snack food emporium attached.  

 

When the Tids started, there were still a lot of big factories around towns. Imagine what it will look like when Tids reaches 10,000 issues. I shudder.

 

“When I was a boy, I laid in my twin sized bed and wondered where my brother was.” – Mitch Hedberg

 

The Answer:

The first two emperors of Rome were Augustus and Tiberius. Bonus: In 1962 a couple of decent singers Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley got together to form the Righteous Brothers Duo and immediately became tremendously popular with two solid hits, “You’ve lost that Lovin’ Feeling’” and “Unchained melody”. Aoehr huge hit was, “You’re my Soul and Inspiration.

 

“When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.”

 

Another thing that the Tids likes to write about is romance. I think that love is good.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rghteus+borter+ssog+i+ghost&docid=608006101826108210&mid=9E5056412CE7101BF7859E5056412CE7101BF785&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment