Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Understanding absolute.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,064

Perspectives:

 

I like it when it’s really cold for a while because when it gets up to around 45 degrees it feels like a warm day in June. Everything in life is relative.

 

One of the worst things I have seen as a result of this latest Covid crisis is that people with really serious potentially deadly illnesses or maladies are having trouble getting into a hospital. In just the past several days I have heard of two cases where people inn serious situation had to call multipole hospitals and received a biblical like answer, “No room at the inn.” One was forced to find an alternative medical care source and other was helicoptered out of state. Moral” Don’t get sick during Covid in RI.

 

Hope you aren’t blinded today as we get 2 seconds of additional daylight. Mayors and Governors may be calling DC to declare psychological disaster areas to ease the trauma of sudden change.

 

The closest people every come to perfection is when they fill out a job application.

 

This year it appears that pre-Christmas panic is all about getting Covid tested before family gatherings as opposed to the rush to buy last minute presents.

 

If any of you know how to fix hinges, my door is always open.

 

Today “absolute” is a matter of interpretation. That is one reason why the world seems to be in disarray.

 

The Question:

Since Covid, some people have gotten back to travelling long distances than others. Which states have the highest per capita and lowest per capita long-distance travel since Covid. Bonus: This day in 1894 the USGA (Originally: Amateur Golf Association of the United States) was established by five golf Clubs. Name them

 

The Headlines:

--Consumer Confidence Index Higher Than Estimates; Q3 GDP Revised Higher To Show 2.3% Annualized Increase In Economic Activity Versus 2.1 Percent; Markets Stay Higher Into Early Afternoon.

--Putin Threatens “Retaliatory Military-Technical” Measures As Standoff With USA and NATO Over Ukraine Escalates.

--McConnell Pushing For Joe Machin Join Repubs After Being Insulted By Fellow Dems.

--Coal Miners Union Asks Machin To Rethink BBB.

--64 Dead In Shipwreck Off Madagascar.

 

I like the name, Tiverton Rhode Island. I like it even better because spell-Check doesn’t recognize it. Does that make me better than Spell-Check?

 

I apologize for so many typos at times. I’m trying to improve. Honest. One factor in addition to editing mental deficiencies and fat fingers is that my “N” doesn’t work well, So if you see a word or even a phrase that doesn’t make sense, try adding an ”N” or two.

 

I wonder if they have a National Typo Day?

 

My friend David had his ID stolen, so now he’s just Dav.

 

Good thing I run five to six miles a day. It helps with the guilt over my snack food addiction. Hey, wait… I don’t run 5 or miles day! OMG, I feel so awful now.  I’ll work on running as soon as I get over my exaggeration abdication.

 

Today is National Short Person Day. I’ll never admit to that.

 

There are at least 47 definitions of the word “Absolute”. So, there goes the phrase “Absolute meaning”.

 

The Answer:

The states with the highest per capita long-distance travelers are Hawaii, Arizona, Florida, Oklahoma, Colorado, Alaska, Texas, Nevada, California and Illinois. The number ne stay at home state is Maine, followed by Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, South Carolina, North Carolina and New York. Does that mean that Northeasterners are or contented with their surroundings? I am. Bonus: The five founding Golf Clubs that created the USGA were Chicago Golf Club (Wheaton Ill), The Country Club (Brookline Ma), Newport Country (Newport RI), Shinnecock Hills (Southampton NY0 and Saint Andrews (Hastings on Hudson, NY.)  

 

The man injured in a bizarre Peek-a-Boo accident is now in ICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment