Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, March 10, 2022

If tirades were bombs.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,122 

Slowly drowning; it is so sad: 

 

It is feeling like spring is coming, that it is just around the corner. All of a sudden, everything feels refreshing. Oh... wait a minute. Could that be because I don’t hear Dr. Fausci talking anymore. 

 

“This is not war anymore. This isn't army against army. It is carpet bombing. This is Russia against humanity.” --Ukrainian Dmytro Gurin whose parents, 67 and 69, are trapped in a basement in Mariupol drinking snow water to survive. 

 

There is growing sense on Wall Street that stocks are way oversold considering the strength of the basic economy. Now, there is a theory I would love to support. 

 

Q: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? A. I don’t know and I don’t care.  

 

The Question: 

I have anew list. What are the coolest cities in the USA. And I’m, not talking Anchorage Alaska. 

 

The Headlines:  

--Markets Retreat a After Yesterday’s Surge; CPI Up 7.9% In Feb Over Previous Year 

--Russia/Ukraine Cease Fire Talk Fail; Moscow Dismisses Outcries Over Atrocities As “Pathetic”.  

--Shocked Kremlin Calls Sanctions Unprecedented Economic War. 

--Goldman Sachs First Wall Street Firm To Pull Out Of Russia. 

--Amazon on Approves 20-1 Split/ 

 

I am really getting tired of the word, “Empowerment”. 

 

Let's hope green dye isn’t oil based or else Saint Pats Day could be a bummer. One week to go till the Irish proudly march. In our town we have big St. Pat's parade. We can generally measure its success by the number of arrests. They are predicting one of the worst storms of the year for the event meaning that more Jamieson’s will be consumed to stay warm. Which means more arrests. 

 

Wasn't another famous Vlad, “Vlad the Impaler” one of the most vicious, ruthless killers of the 16th/15th Century? Also known as the model for Dracula, he violently ascended to ruler of the principality of Wallachia Romania. He boasted of killing 80,000, 20,000 by impaling -- the cruelest of deaths designed to inflict the greatest pain while dying slowly. 

 

It should be fun watching trades and free agent signings in the NFL over the next couple of weeks. My beloved’s, The Pats, need a lot of help, not only with players but with coaches too. The Pats continue to play like hippos while the rest of the league has become leopards and impalas. 

 

Mike Pence is running as fast and as far away from Trump as he can. 

 

Julia Garner seems to be one of the hottest actresses, one really in demand these days. After great performances in Ozark (The beginning of the end starting April 29), and in Inventing Anna just completed, word is out that she has another one ready ot break. She is now a draw. Let’s hope the story is good. I first remember her as Kimmy (15 yo Daughter of the head of the CIA in The Americans). She stood out even though I didn’t know it was Julia G until just now. 

 

A great reader reminds me that the reason I’m so healthy on a diet of Cheetos and Diet Coke/Pepsi is because they contain preservatives. 

 

The person who invented Knock-Knock jokes should get the no bell prize. 

 

I really don’t know why people are so hepped up on natural foods when foods with preservatives don’t rot. I don’t know about oyu, but moldy and rotting foods make me a bit queasy. 

 

The Answer: 

Number One is NYC. It is followed by New Orleans, Seattle, Chicago, San Diego, Honolulu, Boston, San Fran, Denver and Washington DC at #10. What? Washington... with all that hot air? The next ten are Austin, Nashville, Portland (O), Miami, Key West, Charleston, Aspen, Savannah, LV and Ashville. I thought Aspen was a ski lodge, not a city. 

 

Now I wonder if I could survive, 

If I could give my life 

If I had the courage  

To help others thrive. 

There is something in those eyes  

Of desperate people I see. 

That says they could be me. 

And I would fight, not flee. 

 

There is something in the eyes of courageous people that I would find in me. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment