Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Dreams are good.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,190 

I'll Take Quirky:

 

 

 

The robots are coming. The robots are coming! There’s a lot of info floating around now about how humanlike many robots in test labs have become. It paints a scary picture for a future of humans being subjugated to the unhuman. But I wonder: If we don’t teach them anything about a how to think like politicians, maybe we’ll be better off.  

 

“Just because something is on Facebook doesn’t mean it is true.” --William Shakespeare 

 

The stock market is sucking the life out of people's savings. The White House says it doesn’t pay attention to the stock market. So basically, they are saying they don’t care about all of those who actually worked to save money for their retirement. 

 

Today is National Monkey Around Day. That sounds infinitely more fun the Monkeypox day. 

 

Do you know what I hate? Locking doors. I guess I just want to believe in my naivete, thinking that people are basically honest.  

 

The Question: 

A new poll ranks the most fun and least fun states in America. Name the top five for each. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Market opens stronger; Major Firms Hesitant To "Buy On The Dip” right now. 

--J6 Committee Abruptly Cancels Wednesday Morning Key Meeting; No Reason Given. 

--Key Primary Elections To Be Held Tonight In SC, Maine And Nevada; Will Again Test Trump Power. 

--President Biden Gong To Arabia; Unfortunately, He Is Coming Back. 

--Russia Takeover Of Eastern Ukraine Inevitable. 

 

I love sarcasm. Unfortunately, some people think I’m serious. 

 

Apparently, you can’t use beef stew as a password. It isn’t stroganoff. 

 

AARP mag this month had as a headline, “The truth about Aging”. I know the truth about aging, and I deny it every day. In fact, I have never read anything in the AARP magazine. I think it makes people think they are older than they are in their hearts. Maybe I’ll read it someday when I feel old.  

 

Is it over for my beloved Celtics? Alas. Last night Curry did what the Celts hoped he would do, go 0-9 on 3’s. And they still lost by10. Do I hear a lonely bagpipe wailing a sad song in the green rolling hills?  

 

In pleading his case before the California court, Paul Pelosi mentioned that he and Nancy had been married for 59 years and he asked that it count as time served. 

 

A very good reader was trapped inside his home yesterday because heavy rains cancelled his golf plans Thus, he flooded me with wit and wisdom. Some of which you will have seen here and maybe smiled a little. But remember it is always the keen-eyed editor who sorts thought the jumble for the gems, albeit missing a typo or two along the way.  

 

He also mentions that the high gas prices have slowed down drive-by shootings in Chicago,  

 

I love these lofty financial analysts these days saying we have finally entered a bear market or we are close to a recession The lats 6 months have felt like a bear market to me and... we’re not in a recession? 

 

If you look around, you may be seeing a red haze across the fertile valleys and fields; It is the best of times for Strawberry pickingh. Tat is, if you like strawberries. 

 

I don’t understand the current politics at all. You hear about the groundswell for Desantis as a strong presidential candidate who is consistently skunked by Trump in polls, this a former president who nobody says they want to be president again. Sounds Odd to me. I want Chris Sununu from New Hampshire. 

 

Sununu is a sensible, engaging, humorous practical man. Here are some of his quotes: “New Hampshire has led the nation in streamlining government regulation to allow job-creators the opportunity to grow and expand.” “We cannot - and will not - tolerate hatred, bigotry, and violence in our society, and no one should ever have to fear entering their house of worship, regardless of their faith.” “I live primarily on chocolate chip cookies and coffee, and I'm prone to singing Katy Perry songs at the top of my lungs in the car. I'm an unapologetic fan.” “There is no doubt that the most heinous crimes warrant the death penalty.” Discrimination - in any form - is unacceptable and runs contrary to New Hampshire's Live Free or Die Spirit.” “We believe that the government's job is to create doors of opportunity for you, your family and your business. Then we get out of the way and let individuals have control of their path to success.” “Many people who have come to know me as the governor of New Hampshire understand that I tend to be a little quirky.” 
 

The Answer: 

The "Most Fun” States are Cal, Fla, Nev, NY, Ill, Col, Wash, Texas, Minn and at #10, Lou. Illinois is fun? The “Least Fun” states begin with WVa (Tell that to bungee jumping Mountaineers). Next is Miss, Del, Rhode Island, Ark, Ver, Ala, Conn, NH and Kty. Does that mean I haven’t been having fun all of these years. A lot of these polls are silly. Everybody's idea of fun is surely not the same. Getting out from under cacophony is a lot of fun for a lot of people. 

 

What is brown and runs across the dessert? A caramel. 
 

That was dreadful. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment