Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, June 13, 2022

The Journey is the reward.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,189 

Look for the rose: 

 

 

Is there ever a more defining silence than at that time when the music ends. 

 

I was trying to find something sensible about today’s politics so I could startle you all with a shocking political opening statement. But there’s nothing shocking about politics anymore. 

 

I wonder why I don’t play Dvorak’s 8th Symphony more often. It is really quite pleasant.  

 

I think what this country needs is the elimination of social media and 8 years of Ike. 

 

I have to be honest, the last thing I want for Father’s Day are Weathertech Car mats. Despite the near maniacal gleeful reaction of Dads in TV Commercials receiving them. 

 

One of the great things about not going on vacation is never having to worry if it rains or not. 

 

It appears to me that the inevitable slow eroding of consumer confidence indices will feed a sinking stock market. And what’s scary is that we aren’t even there yet.   

 

 

The Question: 

Name the entertainers, directors, producers, composers and writers who have won the EGOT – Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stock Market Too Ugly To Watch; Lack of Inflation Improvement Has Financial Honchos Concerned About More Interest Rate Increases. 

--Gun Deal May Now Be Possible. 

--Trump Campaign Manager Bill Stepien Drops Off J6 Witness List For Today Due To Family Emergency. 

--RI Experiences 4th Small Earthquake In A Month. 

--Company Romps In Tony Awards; A Strange Loop “Best Musical”, The Lehman Trilogy “Best Play”; Angela Lansbury Gets Lifetime Achievement Award; Best Musical Actors: Joaquina Kalukango, Myles Frost; Best Actors in Play: Deidra O’Connell, Simon Roussell Beale. 

 

When people are scared, they stop thinking. That’s why Pols like to scare people. If you wonder why the country is going the way it is going, that is part of the answer. 

 

My A1C is always bad in in September because I eat too much ice cream and cake at too many summer birthday parties. But I'll never give up that wonderful sugar explosion. 

 

Stephon Curry is proving once again that he is one of the all time great basketball players. And No big time college coach wanted him. 

 

Sometimes Word Grammar check just doesn’t understand where I’m going. Just like my English professors in college. 

 

In case you are interested, the Crypto currency folks want to to establish a “value standard”. You know, like real money. 

 

 

Are women’s hats coming back. I noticed it as quite the fashion statement at the Queen’s 70th.  Or maybe the Gen Xer’s are just beginning to see strands of grey. Boomers have had their time so the Xers will be the next formative society. 

 

But I like the idea of women looking sprightly and happy in hats with flowing ribbons.  

 

A lot of Repubs are saying, How can we get back to Trump policies without Trump.  

 

Maybe this year I’ll get into exploring Dvorak He really has produced some amazing music, and a great variety of it too. 

 

Liz Cheney is the new national lightening rod. 

 

I think I’m going to enjoy the Movie, Jurassic World Dominion, if I can find a free afternoon to myself. 

 

The Answer: 

Last night Jennifer Hudson joined the group. She joined Helen Hayes, Rita Moreno, Audrey Hepburn, Richard Rogers, John Gielgud, Marvin Hamlisch, Jonathon Tunick, Mel Brooks, Mike Nichols, Whoopie Goldberg, Scott Rudin, Robert Lopez, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, John Legend and Alan Menkin (He also won a Razzie).  

 

I was out playing golf this morning early, and I saw two deer frolicking, running, enjoying the morning air after the storm. That ls what is so great about golf. If you are sucking on any one day, you always have nature. Now, that was a reward in this morning's journey.  

 

Today is “National Weed Your Garden Day. I thought that was Election Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment