Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, June 6, 2022

I shudder:

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,183 

I honor: 

 

 

I didn't do much of anything this weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it. 

 

But, that was not the case this weekend in 1944, upon England's channel shore. Where men and boys and women stared at greying skies above, skies with no answers. Darkening clouds sitting there, staring back. What was in their hearts? The love of those so far away? How their bodies must have ached from anxiety, and their brains from the magnitude of the calling; the fear on young eyes; the streams of sweat down furrowed brows. Did they think that on this day June 6 they would be wading in blood swirling waters, watching their friends and fellow soldiers killed as they struggled to take a beach, the first step toward freedom, towards ridding the world of a madman. I always shudder a bit on June sixth, thinking of these brave human beings thrust into a war knowing that at any moment they could pay the ultimate price. Have paid them back.  

 

Hey! You have to start a column somewhere, especially when it’s more about nothing than something. 

 

When we look around us, Americans against Americans, maybe we should stop for a moment and focus on the bloody sands of Omaha and the beaches of the French coast. Maybe those sands tell us the story we all need to hear. Listen to the voices extinguished that fateful day: fight on every American side by side, Fight for one nation, united.  

 

I think the Tids needs a good kick in the you know what. Reevaluation is always good thing no matter what is being reevaluated. 

 

A truly pretty face is one that can remain beautiful throughout every possible human mood or emotion. 

 

The Question: 

I have to figure that everybody reading this mess isn't conversant with the Periodic table, But here’s a Q about it anyhow, which some of you may find an answer to tucked away: Of the 118 elements currently on the table two letters of the 26 have never been represented. Name them. Bonus: If you don't like that Q, you may have a better chance at this one. What tasty food never goes bad? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Up In Morning; Drift, Rebound IN Mid PM.. 

--Russia Bombards Kiev With Missiles; UK Sending Long Range Missiles To Ukraine Despite Russia Threats of Retaliation; Russian Genral Killed In Dombras. 

--Tory Government Set To Vote On Boris – Stay OrNay. 

--Bon Jovi Fans Mourn Death Of Founding Member Alec John Such; Bassist Was 70. 

--Activist in Largest Ever Migrant Caravan Demands Biden Keep Asylum Promises.; 15,000 Massed Migrants Now In Mexico City Area. 

--12 More Americans Killed In 19 Mass Weekend Shootings Across The County; Many More Wounded. 

 

The opening musical explosion for the QE 2 Concert last night featuring Adam Lambert with Queen was just about perfect for such an event. But there was a mixed bag of performances following, with a surprisingly large number of Americans. And I just didn’t get it; the reasoning at times was confusing. Why didn’t Englishman “Sir” Elton John get to sing more than one, and an even a better question, why wasn’t he the finale instead of Diana Ross? But the good news is that the talent was always high, and that it never descended into the Super Bowl half time chaos. 

 

I guess part of the answer to those questions about the concert was that it had to have multiple generational performers. I guess everything, after all, isn’t centered around me. I’ll try to remember that. 

 

The Chinese are launching rockets to their space station with equipment and construction machinery to build new labs onto their fast-growing space station operation. The only news we get about our joint venture International Space is whether or not our space shots were historic with respect to gender or race or other identity factors. What exactly are they doing up there? 

 

One of the greatest things you can do in this world is to get out of ruts. 

 

New science says that phobias may eb genetic, occurring due to some experiences of your ancestors. I guess my ancestors never experienced anything. The only phobia I have is fear of losing my car keys down a sewer drain. 

 

I keep my 3 metal and driver loose in the car so my bag fits in the back better. On Thursday I got to the first hole minus those two. I plate the first nine with my partners driver. After nine I went to my car and saw the two clubs had fallen in to the back seat. I told my friends when I returned for number ten and one wag said, “O, back seat driver!” Bada Bing 

 

 

BTW, there are only three countries with Space Stations – Russia and USA jointly and now China. So, Russia and China are allies! Can oyu say looking over your shoulder? 

 

People could only talk about the closed campground in past tents. 

 

The Answer: 

J and Q do not begin names of any elements. Bonus: This is a sweet answer -- It is honey! 

 

I thought I’d end this Tids with something relaxing and soothing. A good reader lives up the hill from me and I figure what could be better than to step into real America, you know, the one so many have fought for over the years. So these happy Tidsters had some nice flowers in flower boxes upon their delightful home. After all, Tids is just one big American neighborhood. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment