Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, August 12, 2022

Woof, woof

 

 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,244 

Turn on mute: 

 

 

I don’t know about you, but I'm seeing a lot of people who just can’t take the political anger anymore. One of the problems, as I see it, is that too many issues that could find agreement are blown up out proportion to their real effect on society.  

 

Theis a little trend going around that might be good for a civilized society – Restaurants are trying dress up diners again. Yes, more restaurants are saying Jackets required. I have heard locally in this tourist town that some restaurants are stopping vacationers at the door because of too much way too casual dress.  

 

Or maybe requiring of wearing of a jacket is just dressing for the occasion of higher priced dining.   

 

The past is about what people did at that time based on the time in which they were living, not what people of today think they should have been doing based on the knowledge of today.  

 

As a scarecrow, people say I’m outstanding in my field. But hay, it’s in my jeans. 

 

The Question: 

Booking.Com has listed the Most Welcoming Places in America, and the world. Matera Italy is number one most welcoming in on the international list. Name the top ten places in the USA 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Ticks Upwards Looking To Finish Week As Winner; Average cost of Imports Lower In New Trade Rep0rt.  

--Salman Rushdie Beaten, Stabbed On Stage Before Speech At Chautauqua Institute.  

-- New York Judge rules criminal case against the Trump Organization And former CFO Allen Weisselberg can proceed. 

--CDC Drops Quarantine, Distancing Recommendations For Covid. 

--Anne Hecht Not Expected To Live. 

--Polio Found In NYC Sewerage System 

 

Today is World Elephant Day. That’s good to know. I’ll carry a bag of peanuts in my pocket all day long just in case.  

 

I had a great early morning all alone laugh out loud moment when I read this readers message: “NATIONAL PRESIDENTIAL JOKE DAY ???   You have got to be kidding.  Where do I start?” 

 

This feels like the dog days of Tids. 

 

Like everything else that is given room to grow in their corporate infancy, there comes a time when they must show a profit over warm fuzzy feelings. Streaming companies are now entering that scary new world of having to make money fort eh owners. Pennies will be watched, and artistic license will be obscured. Will that result in cheaper productions or increased prices to consumers. Or both They will try to adapt the less chips in a bigger bag idea, to sate hungry eyeballs? 

 

I was a bookkeeper for 10 years. The local library wasn't too happy about it. 

 

Bad Campaign Slogan Department: 

Richard Neal (D, MA) Chairman of the powerful Ways and Means Committee says that if the Dems remain in power expect higher tax rates on people and corporations. I hope he keeps saying that up to November. Vote for us so we can tax you out of existence. Yup, that sounds good for Repubs. 

 

Last night my girlfriend and I watched three movies back-to-back. Luckily, I was the one facing the TV. 

 

The Answer;  

Of course, I used this list because Newport RI is number one in the USA. I guess they never asked me about tourists. The rest starting with #2 are Madison Wi, Homer Alaska, Eureka Springs Ark, Cape May NJ, Lancaster Pa, Yosemite Ca, Waco Texas (To visit Joanna and Chip Gaines?), and Seward Alaska.  

 

Some days are better than others. I think today is a pretty great day. 
 

Have a great weakened, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment