Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Neath the Frenzy. 

 

 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,328 

The silence of snow: 

 

 

Have you noticed that all of the people in favor of birth control are already born? --Benny Hill 

 

That opening quote may be deeper than it appears. 

 

The good news today is that China is going to reopen its country after three years of extreme Covid isolation. Things always work far better without government controls disrupting natural progressions. 

 

Every time I see the emergence of some hysterical paradigm changing event on the horizon, I always hearken back to the Y2K debacle which had the masses huddling in fear in dark alleys at predictions of the earth falling from the sky and worse. And nothing, absolutely nothing happened. Skepticism is my middle name.  

 

The Question: 

Who are these people? Over the years we have listed names of celebs who I have never heard of. I am sometimes surprised when I learn they have been in roles I have seen in programs I have liked. Or have done something memorable. How many of these do you know? Mary Ann D’Abo, Therese Randle, Jay Ellis, Masi Oka, Ian Gomez and Dian Fossey. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Open Higher; China Reopening Helps; WS Looking to Save a Losing Year Before December 30. 

--Southwest Airlines Cancelled 70% Of Flights Disrupting Busiest Post Christmas Travel Day; 2,800 Additional Flights Cancelled Today; US Government Demands Explanation for Extraordinary Actions. 

--As Serbia/Kosovo Tensions Rise Military for Each Country on High Alert.  

--Storm Death Tolls Rise as Cold Overwhelms People Trapped in Cars.  

--Russia Bombards Eastern Ukraine Cities and Towns; Russia Minister Demands Ukraine End War, “Or Else”. 

 

I have come to the conclusion that national hysteria is generally the result of somebody's business plan.  

 

Repub newly elected Congressman George Santos (NY) admitted yesterday that he embellished his resume. Says it was a mistake and he did nothing wrong. I personally call it bold face lying and extreme voter deception. Of course, the Dems will pound him until he is forced to resign. The Repub margin in the Houde is razor thin and one less Repub possibly changes the dynamics there.  

 

When will Joe Manchin go Independent? Do you think maybe Mitch McConnell is sending him a lot of lunch invites or tickets to ballgames? 

 

I always roll on the floor laughing hysterically whenever I hear a politician or financial fraud scoundrel saying the classic words of caught criminal, “I made a mistake.” Yeah. Sure. 

 

I just get the feeling as I wonder through these well-trodden paths is that the main drive of Americans today is to be entertained. And there is nothing that may titillate the senses that is too expensive.  

 

I love my town now. It's quiet and peaceful and will shut down quite a bit in Jan and part of Feb.  

 

I have been scanning the NFL matchups for this coming weekend and there are going to be some seriously difficult picks. Or am I just creating my own internal hysteria.  

 

Have the Kardashians jumped the shark yet? Or are they the sharks?  

 

This week to me has always been one of the most relaxing of the year. I always went into the office to work when I was an eager lad Because nobody was there and I could get a lot done at a nice pace, or more likely, catch up on my procrastinations. Hope you all have a great week doing nothing.  

 

The Answer:  

Mary Ann D’Abo is married to Oscar winning director Hugh Hudson of Chariots of Fire fame. Her grandfather was an anti-Communist Georgian General She has appeared in many, many roles of some well-known movies. Theresa Randel, another actress celebrated today appeared as mainly a supporting player in several movies and TV programs. Her most memorable role was as the star of A Spike Lee’s film Girl 6. She also portrayed Natalie Cole in the Natilie Cole Story. Jay Ellis had lead part in the movie The Game and in an HBO series Insecure. He was also in Top Gun: Maverick. Masi Oka is widely known for starring in NBC’s Heroes as Hiro Nakamura and in CBS's Hawaii Five-O as Doctor Max Bergman. Ian Gomez is a comedian known for his roles as Javier in Falicity and Andy in Couger Town. Dian Fossey is not an actor but well known for her work with gorillas in Africa and a terribly tragic end to her life. She was the subject of the film Gorillas in the Mist based on her own book of the same name. She was violently murdered in her Rwanda cabin as she slept.  

 

Sorry Folks. I never know what I'm going to get when I do one of these “Who are these people” questions. I'm as disappointed as you are. 

 

Just remember what George Burns said: “If you live to be a hundred you got it made. Very few people die past that age.” Just keep moving forward and don’t get caught up in hysteria. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment