Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, December 1, 2022

When Songbird's stop singing 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5.309 

Already:

 

 

How did it become December already. I mean, wasn’t it just June when the countdown to the shortest day in Winter began? Of course, December is easy to find if you live your life in a confused maze like I. Because there is always Christmas music everywhere you go; and how all those sales ads flow. But with all my negativity there emerges within, a special glow, a little more warmth in my heart as this beautiful season begins. That when I smile, I may get a bigger one in return, because people seem to glow like the trees that put on a big show, in small town squares and at big city affairs. Yup It is December, and everything seems brighter, except, if you remember, that day when there was no ardor in the attack of Pearl Harbor. It is a month to never forget that inhuman event, those lovely lives so spent, and also, my friends, why we have Christmas just after advent. Happy December, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

I hear that there was a run on emergency rooms in hospitals across the country after yesterday's Tids Pun-ishment. 

 

I just enjoy Fleetwood Mac, and yesterday’s news about Christie McVie was one the rare instances when the death of a celebrity bothered me. Her music gave us some special moments. I’m sure she died peacefully knowing how much she warmed people's hearts. 

 

The Question: 

Name Christie McVie's Greatest hits. Bonus: What is the oldest NFL rivalry? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Powells Speech Wakes Up Markets; Markets Step Back Today, Though Nas Is Higher; Consumer Spending Increases, Inflation Slows; Unemployment Claims Slow. 

--Georgia Senat Race Sets Record for Number of Early B\Votes. 

--China Set To Loosen Covid Restrictions Following Week of Protests. 

--Mauna Loa Eruption Threatens Wider Area. 

--Hall of Fame Master Spitball Pitcher Gaylord Perry Dies 

 

One of my most memorable sinful habits was running through airports, especially in Baltimore, looking for a place that sold those amazing, delicious Annie’s pretzels. There is just nothing finer than a great pretzel anytime.  

 

The old TidsPickers came out 11-5 last week and now are 115.5-64.5 64%). It looks a like another tough week ahead in Parityville. Starting tonight when my beloveds face the Buffalo Bills. For most this is probably an easy Bills pick but for a man with his heart always on his sleeve, it is a tough one. I go Bills. But I’ll be rooting like hell for the home team! Let’s get rid of a couple of hopefully easy picks with Falcons beating the Steelers and Ravens finally waking up to their talent taking the woeful Broncs. (Oh, maybe that steelers game isn’t so clearcut anymore.) But of all the rest, the only remaining easy pick is Dallas over the Colts. The Bears Pack is a rivalry game, and the big question is, will Rogers Pllay, and if so, how well? It looks like he we ill. I’ll take the Pack. After watching the Lawrence show last week, I’m thinking that the Jags-Lions game is very interesting... meaningless but interesting. I’ll take the Lions. The only reason the Browns-Texas will be a hopefully good tussle is because Dshawn Watson is finally back playing and his first game for the Browns is against his old team the Texans Will that inspire Houston. Nah, not enough. Go Browns. 

 

Continuing on... I'm seeing a good battle up in Minnesota as the Jets come to town. The Vikes looked good against the Pats last week and the week before the Jets looked woeful against the Pats. Minn should win this one. Maybe. Another cool game will be Giants at the surprising Commanders. I think I'll go with the the old Skins team. Also looking like a fierce game is Titans against the Eagles. I see some flaws in Philly lately, and I like Tenn. I think I’ll stick with the Iggles. The Seahawks have fallen a bit and the Rams are still wondering what happened to last year’s magic. I think I'll take teh Rams. Or is it the Seahawks. Another mystery pick is Miami at San Fran in what might be one of the best games of the week. San Fran and Miami are both getting better and are both playing as well as anybody. Miami’s young smart coach was an assistant at SF last year. I think I'll stick with the Niners. I also believe Cincy and KC is a tossup. The Bengals really need this game. Have to go with my man Mahomes who just rises to all occasions lately. Are the Raiders on a hot streak? Maybe. The Chargers are a bit of an enigma. I’ll stick my neck out and go LV. And then there is Monday night and questionable Bucs playing the indescribable Saints. I think the Bucs will take it, but I am really not sure at all. 

 

Thanks for being patient reading the above grey masses. There were just too many great games to kick around in this fading mind. 

 

The attack on the US Capitol building was a disgrace, pure and simple, perhaps one of the most un-American acts ever. So, I'm a little concerned about McCarthy and Repubs saying they will seek to find ways to overturn some conclusions of the J6 Committee. We have got to start living with the Truth no matter which side you are on. “Republicans not only plan to end the inquiry... but to dismantle and discredit the findings.”   

 

That’s the problem with politics, it infringes on reality much too often. Apparently, McCarthy wrote the above Repub objective to curry favor with the hard right Repubs and thus save his quest for the Speaker spot. That’s another reason I have given up on our government. 

 

But we live in a dichotomy these days, so irrationalism is to be expected. For instance, everybody keeps suggesting a recession and we keep finding that unemployment is declining. We find that the biggest problem is finding people to work.  What we have is a Wall Street recession because of to much unrestrained exhuberism. 

 

The Earth is a living, breathing entity, The tectonic plates are always moving beneath. Magma is always boiling, regularly spewing up in mid ocean valleys. It's what planets do. And Mauna Loa is an event above the depths we can actually see. It’s not about climate change or the weight of too many people getting off a boat all at once onto a small Pacific island. It’s the earth. It’s what it does to continue on through eons.  

 

Do you know what bothers me? People jumping on a bandwagon against the police when they can’t solve a mysterious crime in a minute and a half. And of course, the reporters who work so hard ot create doubt about police work. 

 

You may not be interested in this at all, but I am quite happy the Boston Celtics extended Al Horford’s contract for two years. Now, if we could only figure out how to beat Cleveland. 

 

Not on my list of things to watch on TV, Harry and Meghan's docuseries.  

 

Ben Aflect says Netflix creative is an assembly line operation. I agree.  

 

The Answer: 

McVie was the backbone of FM, the band’s “beating heart”. Some of her best were Songbird, Think About Me, Hold Me, Over and Over, Gota Hold on Me, Little Lies, Everywhere, Feel About You, You Make Lovin' Fun, Say You Love Me, Over My Head, show Me a Smile and of course, Don’t Stop. Bonus: This weekend we have The Pack against the da Bears, the oldest NFL Rivalry! 

 

 

Thanks Christie: 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment