Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Not just another day. 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,314 

A few tears: 

 

 

I never quite know how to start today each year. But I know I have never forgotten. I have never forgotten that quiet Sunday morning when people were at church or doing what people do on quiet Sunday mornings. When there came a roar, a frightening sound. And when the innocent people looked up they saw a black cloud coming right towards them and there was nowhere to run. I have never forgotten that day, and I will always be aware, always be alert to the possibility of inhumanity of people.  

 

“Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard or too sad when you have a Christmas tree in the living room.” --Nora Roberts 

 

According to savvy economic analysts there is still a lot of excess savings out there that keeps the economy looking strong. But it is expected that simple things about living day-to-day, like energy and food will quickly eat into that consumer chunk. That’s a slowdown. 

 

One of the often-used phrases that bothers me about sport today is “we ‘only’ have to pay him $12 million a year.” Talk about excess money.  

 

I’m all for Gold, Frankincense and Mirth. Especially mirth. So, get ready to laugh at some terribly corny Christmas jokes. Remember when we used to string popcorn to decorate trees. Well, we’ll be stringing the corn here.  

 

The Question: 

Who said, “It’s not how much you give but how much love you put nto the giving.”? 

 

 

The Headlines: 

--Interest Rates and Downturn Talk Have Stocks Struggling to Stay Positive. 

--25 In Germany Arrested for Plotting to Overthrow Government. 

--Trump Says Conviction Against Company Part of the Big Witch-hunt. 

 

 

You know there will be a controversy now following last night's The Voice when the four who were safe by vote were the white singers and those who had to sing for the fifth, last finalist spot were of color. And two of those who had to sing were favorites of mine, Justin and Prijita. In case you are interested, the five to sing next week for the championship will be Morgan, Brodie, Brayden, Bryce, and Omar. I'm picking Morgan because she is good and kinda country. 

 

“Prance like nobody is watching.” As heard from the lips of a rather famous reindeer. 

 

Well, the Repubs have learned one thing – don't save buckets of ad dollars for the three days before election day when millions voted early. Nostalgia is nice except in politics.  

 

Without question, one of my all-time Favorite TV series was “24". Kachunk. Kachunk. Kachunk. There have been pretenders, but nobody has come close to that classic. 

 

Christmas parties are often quite a winederful time. 

 

I always thought that a “Doula” was a midwife pure and simple, a person who assists in childbirth. But a broader look at that says that a doula is a person who gently assists anybody in a medical situation, including the ultimate one, death.  

 

I try, but I still don’t like the name Guardians replacing the Cleveland Indians.  

 

It seems like the great Bill Belichick may be walking on thin ice. I skated on a lot of ponds and always was sure the ice was thick or I had a good offensive line. Just like mom told me. 

 

Did you hear about the woman rejected the Christmas tree farmer because he was too sappy.  

 

Just call me the old Christmas tree farmer. 

 

(I’m a little under the weather so it is taking forever writing this mess. And also finding this mess within my head. Sorry folks.) 

 

The Answer: 

I know, it is not a very good question. But I liked the message. It was Mother Teresa. Who else. You probably got it. 

 

May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment