Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Born Free, taxed to death

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,399 

God bless America; Baseball is back: 

 

 

Crack! Pop, bam, bang! The sounds of baseball are back. The greatest game returns for another opening day which always seems to say Spring is finally here, when aspirations are still high, and hope hasn’t been decimated. Hey, wait a minute, this morning outside on my deck I felt a 22-degree wind chill. Maybe my calendar is wrong.  

 

Artificial Intelligence just absolutely loves gigantic piles of data. You can almost see those circuits smiling as it eyes all of that data collected by Alexa in your home, just sitting there waiting for a faster more elevated mind to use it for good and... 

 

Somebody asked me yesterday after seeing my list of best All Time TV Dramas where “24” stood on it. Whoops, I really blew that as it was probably my all-time favorite. It was #52 Just ahead of Blacklist and behind Handmaids Tale. I would put it in the All Time Top Five. Quickly off the top of my head, my personal top five might be 24, The Americans, Justified, Columbo and McMillan and Wife.  

 

Money can’t buy you happiness? Well, check this out, I bought myself a Happy Meal! 

 

The Question: 

Name the original class to enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. 

 

The Headlines: 

--For First Time in History Baseball Season Opens Simultaneously for all Major League Teams. 

--Two Army Helicopters Form the 101st Airborne Division of Fort Campbell Ky Crashed killing all 9 on Board; They were on Routine Training Mission. 

--Markets Open a Smidge into Positive Territory. 

--Intel Says Its New Server Chips Will be Out Sooner Than Expected. 

--Another Tanker Freight Train, this Time Carrying a Form of Ethanol Derailed in Minnesota; Raymond Residents within Half Mile Ordered to Evacuate. 

--Russai Arrests Wall Street Journal Reporter on Alleged Spying Charges. 

 

I’m thinking that DGF Syndrome could be dangerous to athletes and coachesThats Disgruntled Gambling Fans who are already have shown tendencies to take out their frustration for losing on their own bad bets on college and Pro athletes alike. And anybody else they can blame other than themselves. College Athletes will have to use part of their NIL windfall bodyguards. It's sad how gambling is running through America, especially in the stock markets. 

 

Just because nobody complains doesn’t mean all parachutes are perfect. 

 

It has been advised by doctors to cease immediately, despite nutty claims out there in social media loonyville that drinking your own urine will improve eyesight. Not only doesn’t it work (Duh), say the docs, but it is medically dangerous. Hey, these people vote.  

 

Frankly, I find the “Cloud” Annoying, So, I guess that already puts me and AI at odds. Wait til we see what happens when AI starts munching away at all the stuff stored on that puffy sever cluster. If they store it, Ai will find it. 

 

Last night I had a pleasant little personal surprise. A local tavern is now serving Non-Alcohol Guinness and it was stout! 

 

I have never seen such groups of uncoordinated people as those actors in drug commercials on TV. 

 

Somebody is proposing that raising the cost of alcohol will save lives. From what I have seen, raising the price of anything doesn’t seem to stop people from spending undeterred, and it would be especially true for those addicted to booze.  

 

Marathons would be funnier if they were passing out paper cups of vodka. 

 

There are too many convoluted theories out there to help people where in the past knew how to take care of themselves. 

 

I'll be on the Golf Course Monday morning. Just in case you are looking for an early Tids. 

 

Personally, I would say that the negative effects on the economy from raising interest rates are just about as expected. Higher rate make it tougher to free wheel in business, and that is what is happening now. So why is the market which is supposed to look six months ahead so surprised? 

 

Isn’t it scary that doctors call what they do “practice”? 

 

The Answer: 

The First Five in 1936 were Ty Cobb, Walter “Big Train” Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Babe Ruth and Nous Wagner. In 1937 we saw entering players and executives – Morgan Buckly, Ban Johnson, Nap Lajoi, Connie Mack, John McGraw, Tris Speaker, George Wright and Cy Young. In 1923 it was Pete Alexander, Alexander Cartwright and Henry Chadwick. The first big official induction ceremony was held in 1939 and all living members attended to see the induction of the new guys, Cap Anson, Eddie Collins, Charles Comisky, Candy Cummings, Buck Ewing, Lou Gehrig, Willie Keeler, Old Hoss Radbourne, George Sisler and Al Spalding. Ah, there is nothing like the lore of the grand old game. Personally, I thi nk it is the headrest of all sports to play well  

 

So, I'm going out to buy me some Crackerjacks. Cheap. Maybe Ill like my prize, because I sure don’t understand what my beloved Red Sox are doing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment