Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Laughing at us

 



Today's Tids Issue 5.393 

What you make it:

 

 

Every day we seem to adapt to something new. It may be something big like the way the seasons are or something we could never think might come true. It could be dealing with something digitally disturbing or culturally confusing. But they say that once we were something that lived beneath the sea, and yet here I am today, me.  

 

I heard somebody recently redefining our seasons in New England. Right now, through May 31 we are in “Sprinter”. Spring begins on June 1 and goes on to July 15. Then we have summer from July 15 to September 15. Finally, until November 1 we have fall. The month of November is Harvest and from December 1 to Jan 15 it’s Holiday season, Winter thus begins on Jan 15 and chills us deeply until February 28 or 29. I think there is some truth to that.  

 

I used to have winter fat but now I have spring rolls. 

 

I make up words occasionally to emphasize emotions I feel within me as I write. Every now and then I learn that what I made up is actually a real word. So, it becomes really embarrassing when somebody tells me I used a word I never knew existed in the wrong context  

 

One of my great super treats is having a bowl of ice cream every 6 months. 

 

The Question: 

Why shouldn’t you trust atoms? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets I Open Higher; Fed Implies Rate Increases are Nearing an End; Cryptocurrency Company Coinbase Price Drops off Cliff After SEC Suggests Investigation. 

--Putin Allies Say Arrest of Russia Prez Could Ignite Global War. 

--Chorus T to Ban Tik Tok Growing. 

--Independent Senator Kyrsten Sinema Speaking at More Repub Fundraisers; Criticizing Dems Her New Specialty. 

--Israel Passes New Law That Would Prohibit Removal of PM by AG. 

 

Hey everybody... in one week the Red Sox open the season at our beloved Fenway. I still have no idea of what their starting lineup may be. Or who more than half of the players are. There was a time before professional management when the fans were part of the team. But now we are afraid to get too close, cause any of them could leave tomorrow. Today it is just a collection of uniforms with numbers on the back and logos on the front. I’m trying to adapt, but this is a hard one. 

 

The nice thing about being senile is you can hide your own Easter eggs 

 

Everybody likes warmer weather, but when the temps rise, I have to actually plan Diet Pepsi/Coke movement from the icy garage to the fridge. It is mentally draining. Planning is not one of my finer attributes. Spontaneous reaction I do well.  

 

Sometimes the way a word sounds phonetically leads me to mis define its meaning. 

 

Everything used to be based on thinking spiritual. Now it's all political. Now wonder trust is dissipating. 

 

Remember when your town used to work for you. Now towns seem more interested in appeasing outside influences.  

 

Major League Baseball corporate offices are literally orgasmic over the last out of the WBS. And frankly that is just about the only thing anybody knows about the series that shouldn't have been. At least to me and millions who really didn’t care. 

 

Coke and Pepsi may boast that their price rises have been minimal. And yes, the price they post on the aisles is remarkably similar to those of a year ago. But I always bought my nectar of paradise on sale and the sale prices have risen in any given week from 25% to 50%. Sneaky bastards.  

 

Artificial intelligence will never make it. It will never be able to understand natural stupidity. 

 

Did you know that Iceland is only one sea away from Ireland? 

 

Politics is sort of a mish-mash to me now. It's hard to like anybody for long these days no matter how hip they become. For instance, current darling Desantis has taken away a corporation's autonomy over its own operations and banned books which sound somewhat USSRish to me. He may be reacting to conservative sentiment, but I is modus operandi doesn’t quite fit into quite into the spirit pf constitutional valuesFrankly I’m hoping a genuinely funny, sarcastic guy or gal gets elected. But then, does the public put up with humor anymore?  

 

The Answer 

You should never trust atoms because they make up everything. 

 

Every day I walk into my garage and see my golf clubs standing there with nothing to do. But it’s spring... isn’t it. 

 

Hey, it’s 32323! That must mean something. 

 

More often than not when waking on a Spring morning we say, Hey, it’s a beautiful day, 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment