Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Seeing magic.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5.379 

Finding youth: 

 

 

I never cease to be in awe of all the talented people around me. 

 

Powell may be entering an integrity crisis if he keeps on flip flopping on his rate assurances. Some say it is because his judgments seem focused on backward looking data. And the Friday jobs report may contribute again to him second guessing himself. Wall Street absolutely hates uncertainty most. 

 

I always knock on the fridge door before opening it, just in case there's a salad dressing. 

 

“Children see magic because they look for it.” Christopher Moore. 

 

The Question: 

What do you think have been the Ten Best Male Oscar Winning Acting Performances? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Key Recession Indicator R Treasury Notes Yield Curve Inversion Sends Sharpest Warning Yet to Investors; Markets Trying to Get back to Plus Side but Can’t get by PowellSpeak. 

--Two Small Plane Crash into Each Other over Florida Lake; All 4 Aboard Killed. 

--Concerns Arise Over Collapse of Commercial Real Estate Market. Inflation Exacerbates Declining Office Occupancy Problems Due to Technology Advances. 

--Congress and Admin Continue to Create Confusion.  

-- Americans Continue to Accuse each other of Miscellaneous Trespasses on Common Sense and Civility.  

 

I see where China is now predicting the addition of 12 Millon new jobs and a 5.2% GDP Growth. I think this is a result of Wod, their Work or Die policy.  

 

“The process of maturing is an art to be learned, an effort to be sustained. By the age of 50 you have made yourself what you are, and it is better than your youth.” 
Marya Mannes, author 

 

I have to tell you, I have watched the new musical about Dorian Grey nearly fifty times. It never gets old.  

 

I truly love blue grass music. It always makes me smile. But as I get older, I find I need more Icy-Hot for my tapping toes. 

 

Climate Change could be a boon to the hunger problems. The warming climate wiil make available more land for agriculture and AI driven equipment will produce and gather the walking and growing food efficiently. So, what do we do with all the seasonal migrant workers? Feed them and give them a gambling app. 

 

You know, some Irish music has a blue grass feeling to it. We will have plenty this weekend as the big Saint Patrick's Day Parade takes off down Broadway. I'll be there, I always am. Unfortunately, they are predicting rain and general ugliness. So, I expect the cold Irish hearts will be warmed more than ever by good Irish whiskey. 

 

“The advantage of being 80 years old is that one has many people to love.” — Jean Renoir,  

 

The Answer: 

Number one is Gregory Peck as Articas Finch in “To Kill a Mockingbird”. Next are Robin Williams – Sean Maguire “Good Will Hunting”, Marlin Brando – Vito Carleone, Jack Nicholson – Randle Patrick McMurphy “What Flew...”, Christof Waltz – Hans Landa “Inglorious...”, Joe Pesci – Tommy Devito “Goodfellows”, Tom Hanks – Forest Gump, Heath Ledger – The Joker, Anthony Hopkins- Hannible Lector and #10, Daniel Day Lewis – Daniel Plainview "There will be Blood”. At #15 was George C. Scott as Genral George S. Patton Jr. 

 

An old Irish Toast: “May you live to be a hundred years with one extra year to repent.” 

 

I like that quote: “Children see magic because they look for it”. 

 

Every once in a while, I just gotta play the Orange Blossom Express. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment