Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Crocus, Tulips, Daffodils, Trala.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,391 

A boquet for You

 

 

Spring really didn’t officially occur to nearly 5:24 PM last evening, so today is te first full day of Spring. So, a happy one for all, because despite the chill in the air, we all know that warmth is on the way. That is, of you like hot soggy summer days, and making excuses for bad golf days. 

 

I think all sports stars, coaches and sports management have to get married and immediately have children or else they wouldn't be able to say., I did it for my family as the broke the hearts of fans and moved to another job. (Not) for the money. Maybe I could start an “Insta-Family" business! 

 

It’s the old hotseat thing all over again for the Fed as the Governors eye a rate increase this week and weigh it against the failing bank sagas. But if course, if all these whiz bang bankers had been paying attention and they were indeed financial geniuses they would have noticed the rates have been rising for a yarr and understood how rising interest has an effect upon financial institutions. So, maybe we need better management, and not a kinder Fed.  

 

A good and delightful punster and all-around lover of life sends in this:  

A Poem for Spring: 

Spring has sprung,  

No grass has riz 

I wonder where all the flowers iz? 

 

You can't have everything all at once. 

 

The Question: 

What do you think are the nicest Feel-Good TV shows of all time? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Recession Chatter Rising on the Street; 42% of Fund Managers now See Recession in Next 12 Months, up from 24; GS Analyst raises Odds For from 25% to 35%; Stocks Jump Nicey at Opening Bell As Regional Bank Jitters Soften. 

--LA Closes Schools as Workers Strike. 

--Federal Court Denies Part of California Gun Restrictions Bill. 

--Google Suspends Chinese Buying App Pinduoduo; Malware Found in Other Sources. 

 

The headlines today of new recession fears are just a reactionary snapshot to me, maybe mainly based one the banking closures and effects of higher rates on banks in general. But next month is another month with new monthly data, and you never know.  

 

As interest rates have riz. 

I wonder where the brainpower iz. 

 

The Trump indictment, arrest saga doesn’t interest me right now. But I would think that the Georgia “Voter suppression" inquiry has legs and could be significant when all facts are in. It already ranks as one of all-time stupid ego moves. And the American people could get on board there.  

 

When early playwrights like Shakespeare wrote of blood and gore in their works it was easy for people to imagine it because they lived with beheadings and up-close bloody personal warfare. But today in movies we need extraordinary special effects to awaken the imagination of viewers who don't know living in a murky dangerous world. Unless they are kids in school or shoppers at malls.  

 

Yesterday I sent you a pretty tune I liked featuring a flute. The week before I had a Tids-Blurb about finding flutes annoying. See you can’t trust me. Either I'm losing my mind, I'm a inveterate disassembler or I am a frustrated politician. Or maybe I give every situation a chance as better information is found. 

 

It is hard to recreate special moments. 

 

For the first day of Spring in Trumpville, it is mostly stormy. (Thanks to a brilliant reader for reminding me of that.) 

 

At last, parity is moving into Women’s NCAA Basketball. The talent pool is rising quickly, and it just isn't a couple of big powerful programs getting it. It should be better for all. 

 

I really don't like this idea of changing the views of something refreshing and innocent from years ago into me thing “bad”... and dysfunctional. Andrew Lloyd Weber, the masterful Broadway composer is hitting Broadway with a brand-new adventure, “Bad Cinderella”. It’s all about her being a strong, independent women. (Prince Charming may be made into a lecher – who knows.) I always thought Cinderella was pretty tough and independent. I disliked the idea of the movie, "Bad Santa” too, even though I was probably labeled a social outcast for not being hip to the new way of thinking. 

 

The Answer: 

Number one on this list destined to be controversial is Ted Lasso. Next is Superman and Lois, Night Court, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, The Office, Friends, New Girl, and number 10, Community (?). Going to #25 we have The Golden Girls, Bob’s Burgers, The Great British Bakeoff, Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, I How I Met Your Mother, I Love Lucy, The Big Bang Theory, Cheers, Frasier, The Simpsons, Chuck, 30 Rock, Everybody Loves Raymond and #25 Heart of Dixie. What about the Danny Thomas Show, that was nice. Seinfeld was funny but I guess not quite Nice (#29). But, what could be nicer than the Andy Griffith Show with Barney and Aunt Bee and Opie. McHale’s Navy was always just great fun as was Hogan's Heroes. Then you had the Brady Bunch, Family Ties, The Partridge Family, Eight is Enough, and of course My three Sons and The Beaver. Which aren’t on the list at all., And of course, Happy Days all the way down at #80. 

 

Most lists I see are skewed to age, so they are rarely related to All Time. 

 

Maybe the next big Broadway hit will be “Bad Beaver Cleaver”. Or do they do that every day in Wokesville. 

 

Love your first full day of Spring, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

. 

No comments:

Post a Comment