Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, October 27, 2023

I heard.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,371

There are places:  

 

 

Did you hear about the cow that ate bluegrass and mooed indigo? 

 

I led off with a little humor because the incursion into Syria by the US air strikes is a bit unnerving with too many people saying WWIII. I still say don’t let evil bastards get away with anything. That ls why I’m still a strong supporter of George Bush blasting Sadaam out of his palaces. But this feels different – Iran, China, North Korea, Russia. 

 

I read too much beween the lines. Maybe the new world has led me to think there’s always more to the story. But as l look back it seems more often than not there is no real story there after all. 

 

That least effective way to learn the truth is to turn into a TV news interview with a government person, elected or appointed. 

 

When I was a child, I got a telekinetic abacus as a gift. It was the thought that counts. 

 

The Question: 

How long was the Berlin wall when completed? Bonus: The Avengers was the great British series that launched Diana Rigg's career starring as Emma Peel, But Secret Agent John Steed (Patrick MacNee) had other female spy associates. Who were they? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Dow Dumping; Index at 32,451; Amazon Glow Pushes Nas Higher; --SBF Takes Stand in FTX Fraud Case; Says He Is innocent. 

--Isre ael Says Ground War in gaza will be Long. 

--Mine Killer Card till on the Run; Authorities say they Found Possible Suicide Note to his Son; Searching for Body at River location where Car was Found. 

--Minnesota Sate Rep Dean Phillips throws Hat in Ring to Challenge Biden In 2024 

-- 

 

After I read Steve King’s book “Firestarter” I read feverishly every telekinesis book that existedBut I still haven’t won the lottery or made hole-in-one. 

 

My source in Maine says she knows a friend who played in the Maine Cornhole league against a team that included the shooter, killer, beast Card. She said the restaurant where the shooting took place was one of the venues where league action took place. And yes... all doors in all towns are locked. 

 

There are few college football games this weekend I rate on the “Wanna Tune Into” list. Utah versus Oregon looks like a passable one with some meaning. I prefer inter league games over intra league in general. UCLA entertaining the Colorado Glitz coach Sanders in LA seems appropriate and will get watchers. Number 1 Georgia s has big rivalry game with Florida, But Florida ain’t Florida these days. With Virginia's win over Carolina last week, the game against Miami looms as interesting. It is always fun to tune in to see if Pitt beats Notre Dame in that rivalry game that goes way back. The channels will be cluttered again this Saturday with “who care's” games and does anybody really need them all except of course, gamblers. 

 

Did you hear about the nurse who was chewed out by the doctor because she was absent without gauze? 

 

In I961 I spent most of my year at Fort Dix NJ or worrying about going there in the first place. The big topic of conversation there was do what you are told, or we’re sending you to Laos. Yes Laos, not VN was the bad place then. Chief Justice Warren swore in JFK. I heard his speech driving back from Cleveland in a serious snowstorm. I liked the speech.  Even though I was against his party thinking, he was by far the only decent president we had at a press conference. Ronnie and GWHW Bush were relaxed and likeable too, but Kennedy was most naturally humorous to me. There was no Humor when Russia started building the Berlin wall and “Freedom Riders” began testing integrated bus laws and certainly no humor after the egg on the face moments of the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Yuri Gagarin was really big news as the first human in Space. But Alan Shepherd followed him a month later and the USA smiled again. And typewriters were going crazy with the IBM Selectric “Golf ball”. And Moms and Babies were very happy with the introduction of Pampers. We would continue folding cloth diapers for another 7 years or so.  The Pony becomes a popualr dance, maybe good for folding’ The top movies were The Guns of Navarone, The Parent trap, The Absent-Minded Professor, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The great Hustler, Westside Story. Also, the very average “Misfits” was best remembered as the last film ever for both Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe. On the tube you had all the old popular westerns were still coming up strong as was the brand new – Perry Mason. Also hot were Andy Griffith Show, My Three Sons (A favorite) and the intron of an odd little show -- Mr, Ed, the talking horse. In England The Avengers hit the Brit screens. It would become my favorite 4 years later when it came to the US. Who could forget Dianna Rigg as Emma Peel. He Dow was 731 and that what was Wall Street. And it was still mostly about the steel companies. Eggs were 30 cents a dozen. And I got a three-day pass from the Army ot see the arrival of my beautiful daughter. I was so excited coming home that I jumped off the train forgetting my small duffel full of clothes. It may still be lost and found somewhere at the end of the line in Buffalo. 

 

If you arrest a mime, do you have to tell him he has the right to remain silent? 

 

I have enjoyed playing cool fall golf. But yesterday we got a a heat bomb and it sapped my energy. I believe your body adapts to changing conditions regardless of the complaints of humans. 

 

Somewhere in the back of my mind during this all day it seems Tids writing chore I remember writing a few more Tidlets. The cloud givith, savith and taketh away. I was going to hot “undo" but I may lose more than I would find.  

 

The Answer: 

I was surprised to learn that the Berlin Wall was 87 Miles Long!  Bonus: Honor Blackman played super spy agent Cathy Gale and Linda Larson played Tara King.  

 

How many paranoid people does it take to change a lightbulb? Who wants to know? 

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! 

 

1961 gave us “Somewhere”. And may you all find your special somewhere this weekend: 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment