Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

What Principles.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,368 

Who, me?: 

 

 

They say Love makes the world go round. 

That true love’s not easily found. 

Yet when it finally comes your way, 

Life is like flying in clouds each day. 

 

I should have saved that for Valentines Day, but it is also pretty good thinking for a lively, sunny, energetic day like today.. 

 

Reality closed in on Trump with the two guilty pleas in Georgia by two close allies. Today Michael Cohen will testify in the NY Fraud trial. Trump will be in the audience to stare down the former ace fixer.  

 

Have you noticed that when commercial makers want to create a happy melodic mood, they may go back 30, 40, 50 years to find the right song.  

 

The Question: 

Who was Ruth Handler? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Strong Earnings Reports Propelling the Markets Upward; Positive Positron Remains at Closing. 

--WHO Says Two Thirds of Gaza Hospital Facilities Destroyed. 

--Tom Emmer (Minn) Nominated by Repubs for the Speaker Spot. 

--Biden Says No Cease Fire until Hostages Released.  

--A third Trump Ally in Georgia RICO Case, Jenna Ellis, Tearfully Pleads Guilty. 

--Michael Cohen to Testify at Trump Fraud Trial Today with Former Prez in Attendance.  

--Menendez Plead Not Guilty to Increasingly Serious Charges. 

 

I listened to Trump at a campaign talk in NH yesterday and realized he just lives in a strange little world of which I am not familiar. He may be exactly what we need to get the country back together again but is embarrassment worth the price.  

 

Tom Emmer will probably be voted down because he did the right thing. Honorability doesn't seem to count any more. 

 

Oprah has named her new book of the month which is “Let us descend” by Jesmyn Ward. It wasn't surprising to me. People will rush to it. I always find the books I like best are the ones I enjoy reading regardless of accolades on the back cover. 

 

I am beginning to think that Trump denies even more than Bill and Hillary Clinton. But it is close. 

 

Isn't it refreshing to read that stocks are doing well because they are reporting good earnings. That business success is the reason over hysteria and playing hunches. 

 

In 1959. I began my second summer working at EF Hutton in downtown NYC. I had graduated upward in a year -- my new job was getting Coffee for EF himself. How to succeed in business. The year that closed out the Fifties and was the year that Castro came to power and suddenly we had an enemy 90 miles off our shores. And in the US there were sympathizers who thought Fidel was the end-all cool communist savior oif the people. Wrong! Yet earth looked quite beautiful as the first ever pics of our planet came floating down somehow from Explorer 6. VP Dick Nixon looked tough taking took on Khruschev, and Hawaii became the 50th State giving congress another reason for warm climate junkets. Unfortunately, that old rascal China invaded Tibet forcing the Dalhi Lama and tens of thousands of Tibetans to flee to India. Litel girls in the USA were giddy when Mattel introduced Barbie dolls and this past summer told you how that worked out. My favorite movie was North by Northwest, but lots of people were loving “Some like it Hot” I did though, really like Jack Lemon SLIT and just about anything he was in. The really big movie was Ben Hur, although it was 1959 when people fell in love with Rock Hudson and Doris Day in Romcoms like Pillowtalk.it was a romcom kind of year.  My new favored TV show began -- Twilight Zone. Bonanza was big along with another Western, Rawhide But nothing was bigger than Gunsmoke. The Red Skelton Show was on top as was a game  named “Price is Right” -- still going strong. (Which I didn’t watch much) The cost of a new house had zoomed up to $12,400, but tat was ok because the average wages were up to a whopping $5,010! Yikes. And the inflation rate was only 1.01%. Unemployment had dropped to 5,5%. It was musical but changing in a not so great way. The number one hit was Battle of New Orleans followed by Mack the Knife by Bobby Daren. Young Daren was joined by other young singers out of Philly like Paul Anka and Frankie Avalon with songs like Dream Lover, Lonely Boy, Venus and Put Your Head on My Shoulder. Donny Osmond showed up on the charts. The song I remember liking from that year is The Three Bells by the Browns. I turned 22 and at a High School TDay football game I remet the woman I would marry a couple of years later.  

 

When some instructors teach classes on retrospectives, they generally focus on what was important to them. If their classes are broad enough, the masses begin to believe that what was taught most was in favor of everybody. I guarantee, not by contrarians. 

 

From what I'm hearing, Presidential campaign rhetoric is nothing to for Americans to be proud of.  

 

In lieu of raising taxes again for beleaguered citizens, States are suing yet another successful company, this time Meta, to fix their balance sheets.  

 

The Answer. 

Ruth created Barbie. What more can I tell you about Barbie. You know more than me now. Actually, I never knew anything about Barbie.  

 

I’d end with a 1959 song but to be honest, none of the pop songs live within me.  

 

The Music Man, Sweeny Todd, Guys and Dolls and My fair Lady w still owned Broadway 

Here’s a song that I have liked from “MFL”. Spoiler Alert: It kind of tells the story of the show. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment