Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Turn off the fans.


Today's Tids Issue 5,365 

Check: 

 

Why would anybody want to see a world in flames; hear the screams pf humans seeing their last sunlit day? Why has destroying others been so pervasive throughout the history of mankind? Why haven't we awakened ot the horror of evil? Why haven’t we learned? 

 

A happy day everybody. It's good to be back with you for another day of frivolity, pftena trip upon a typo. Did you know that I actually get good ideas from Typos. They are quite expansive. If you play within the line's you never discover these amazing things that lay here as you wander.  

 

You may have wondered about my headline for Yesterday's Tids “Cancelling America”. Well, it could have been about that poem and the confused congress, but it was about this concept that I hear espoused by democrats and repeated over and over again in campaigns that the purpose of America is for the Government topay for everything.  

 

The Question: 

In 1958 a Brooklyn born 14-year-old whiz kid amazed the world. What did he do? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Flounder Early Looking for Recovery While Treasury Yields Surge; Markets May Remain inert until Pawell Speaks today.  

--Jordan stops Tilting at Windmills Cancelling Third Speaker Vote; Supports Adding Powrs to Temp Sopeaker McHenry; But hasn;t Forgottne Windmills.

--Gaza Practically Uninhabitable. Israel Bombs Pound Strip including “Safe” Zone in South. 

 

How come some mornings I need the bitterness of coffee to wash away the sweetness of a morning treat, and others I need a sweet drink to wash away the bitterness of coffee. Life is unpredictable. 

 

My boss told me to have a good day. So I went home. 

 

Lowering expectations and being aware and sensitive to the probability of unpredictability makes life much easier and less painful. 

 

Though, I wasn't prepared to have a 11-4 Tidspicker week when San Fran and Philly lost. Crazy? So, we are now at 54-38 (59%). I think the intriguing big game of this week is Miami at Philadelphia. Miami is hot but just when they seem hottest, they stumble and stumble badly. Philly was coasting and it a brick wall. I think they beat Miami. I like TB over Atlanta, Buffalo over New England and Cleveland over Indy. Detroit at Balt looks like a tough pick, but the Ravens are too up and down and the Lions a e much more consistent. I go Detroit Two close to call games are among mediocre teams – Giants and Washington and Las Vegas and Chi (Neither Chi or LV have healthy QB’s?) I go LV. And the Giants to finally put one together. I'm picking Seattle over Arizona and Denver in an upset over the Pack. KC has looked anything but a champion. The magician sems bottled up, It will be close against the Chargers but Chiefs will win. With the Niner loss and the potential up in Minn, this all of a sudden looks like a good game. San Fran will find it tough without a couple of super star "O” players. But their “D: will win it. Did I pick against my beloveds? 

 

The New England Pats a have a ton of problems. And there are no easy, magical fixes.  

 

In 1958 the seeds for today were sown when the Microchip was co invented by Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments and Robert Noyce of Fairchild Semiconductor. By 1962 I would be involved in that race ot build the best and fasted chips for the Appollo command module. Gotta a run now, but this sets the stage of a full-bodied 1958 tomorrow,  

 

We didn’t get the command module order because I misspelled Apollo. I guess the chips just fell where they may 

 

The Dem running here for Congress has commercials that are eerily similar to the Congressional campaign of a year ago: Prevent another Jan 6 – Elect US is the central theme. Tye also all feature the Repubs are bogey men, and of course, spend, spend, spend.  

 

My wife likes it when I blow air on her when she's hot, but honestly... I'm not a fan. 

 

The Answer: 

In 1958 Bobby Fischer won the World Chess Championship and truly amazed the world. not just of chess players but of everybody awed by his achievement. 

 

Have a great day, I gotta run 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment