Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

No steel. No oil. No Cheetos. What's next.

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5.406 

Goose Eggs: 

 

What do you call a Christmas front door decoration made with $100 Bills? A wreath a Franklyn. 

 

I know. I know. The pressure of the season eats away at your brain. 

 

Say it ain't so Andrew Carnegie? US Steel is being bought by Japan! Remember when the US was self-sufficient. It was a comforting feeling, wasn't it. 

 

Now it seems like James Biden has a potful of answers hiding out there somewhere. 

 

The Question: 

For what is Vivaldi best known? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Srock Rally Continues. 

--Judge Orders Unsealing of Jeffery Epstein Documents Naming Associates. 

--Trump SuperPac Ready to Go After Haley in New Hampshire. 

--Yemen Rebels Continue to Attack Trips in Red Sea; Cost of goods Shipped to Rise. 

--After Month of Volcanic Activity, Mountains in Iceland Erupt. 

 

One of our more observant readers writes to say that the Razor blade aisle at CVS has better security than our Southern border. 

 

On the Voice last night, I thought going into the finals Mara and Lila were the leaders. I personally loved Ruby. But Lila had some bad song choices and Mara owned the house with a couple of better choices well executed. My gal Ruby was really good. did quite well too. Huntley was also very strong, and Jacqui was in her full voice wheelhouse and very entertaining. I'm guessing with strong country voting it could come out Mara, Ruby, Lila Huntley and Jacqui. Last week I would have given it to Lila. 

 

I doubt if I will still be awake when they announce the winner tonight. 

 

The Buffalo Bills look to me now like they are the team on a mission. Actually, the Browns look a little like that too, but the Bills are more talented.  

 

Hey Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll is older than you and his team looked pretty contemporary last night. 

 

One of those smarmy columns you pick up in the Internet asks the question, "What Christmas traditions do we no longer need?” Some suggested are based on the fact that society provides differently now like home heating systems versus the need for crackling logs in the fireplace. Questions like that are asked all the time by people who want change for their onw purposes, like which crimes can we not call a crime anymore. Which tenets of a civilized society can we abandon.  

 

Do you know what I really hate --- vandalism. And the making of excuses for it. 

 

CBS and NBC are really pushing Paramount+ and Peacock network. I only ask, what are they going to do to me next? 

 

The Answer: 

You don’t have to like classical music to know that Vvaldi wroite the “Four Seasons”. 

 

Didn’t have a lot of time today, but I'll be back with a robust Tids tomorrowI leave you with one of my favorite tunes of 1986: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment