Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

You feel it in your heart.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5.407 

 And then we got @:

 

Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values. --Thomas S. Monson 

 

Actually, giving everyday of your lives will always make each day turn out pretty darn great. Just giving, in some little way. 

 

Speaking of largess, the Colorado Supreme Court may have given Trump a huge sympathy vote. The decisions ot ban him from the ballot will go to the US Supreme Court and the court will probably find a way to make sure that they still allows the voter to choose or deny candidates fate 

 

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. --Albert Einstein 

 

The Question: 

What was the name of the real King who was disturbed to hear that a babe who would be born in Bethlehem would be the real king? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Take a Rest After Strong Five-Day Spurt.  

--Colorado SC Removes Trump from Ballot; Even Strong Anti-Trumpers Think it is Wrong for America. 

--Xi at San Fran Meeting Told President Biden China has Every Intention of Taking Back Taiwan, Hopefully Peacefully; Several Officials at Meeting Verify Comments. 

--New York State Launches Commission to Consider Racial Reparations.  

 

On the other hand, when the stock markets give back it is usually painful.  

 

Judge Arthur Engoron is going to do it his way. Period. So, all appeals are already written. 
 

The Voice picked a winner last night and it shows again that the voters count. Huntley was a very good performer but not my personal favorite. My favorite Ruby Leigh came in second. A lot of people were surprised that Mara came in third, and even more surprised that Lila came in fifth. But Lila. a Fave going into Monday lost it because the songs she sang just weren’t her. The 24th edition of the Voice is already set for the spring. 

 

While on the TV pages, there is a question of whether or not The Gilded Age will come back for season Three. I find it a little boring. 

 

Things exploded in 1986 and unfortunately one was the Space Shuttle Challenger. So extraordinarily sad. Another one was at Chernobyl, and we still feel the effect of both. On the other hand, Oprah exploded on the world scene with her new TV program, and you know the effects of that. Nothing has been the same since. And in London a nice little musical erupted in the hearts of theater goers, Phantom of the Opera. In case you hadn’t heard, it became a hit. Ronald Reagan was embroiled in the Iran-Contra affair which brought to light a list of characters like Oliver North, John Poindexter and Ed Meese. But the real madness concerning Americans was in Cows. Cows were acting weird, and people were giving up steak, wondering if Bussels sprouts ever went off the edge. But even with all of that, two events occurred which have changed te world we live in now. The opening of The Internet Mail Access Protocol which gave us  eMail, and the Launching of the Genome Project which could give us life. The stock Market was atmospheric at 1875, inflation was down to 1.9% and the Ford Mustang cost $7,945. Legal Eagles was my favorite movie of 1986, but there were many talked about faves like Ferris Buellers Day Off, The Karate Kid2, The crazy Australian in Crocodile Dundee, Top Gun and Out of Africa. Robert Redford was in both Legal Eagles (With Debra Winger) and Out of Africa (With Meryl Streep). There were a lot of songs about friends and love – Like the big one, “That's What friends are For”. Others were “Say you, same me”, “How will I know”. "Addicted to Love", “The Glory of Love”, “Secret Lovers” and of course, the natural for the year, “Friends and Lovers”. There was a lot of agita among Reagan fans but overall, it was very good year in many ways. Some kids graduated from High School into a world of peace and relative economic stability. Good for them 

 

I guess if you’re still serving plain old Popov vodka you are behind the times. 

 

People tell me I’d be more fashionable if I sneezed into my elbow. Like great... starting a germ colony in my fleece. 

 

The top two gift areas for both men and woman are two gifts I hope I never receive, 1. Money. 2. Vouchers or gift Cards. The men and women also agree in #3, clothes and accessories. But they differ for the next six. Women go Perfume/Body Care; Jewelry and Watches, Books and eBooks, Food/Drinks and Smartphones and Tablets. Men go Smartphones/Tablets, Food/Drinks, Computer and Accessories, Consumer Electronics and Jewelry and Watches,  

 

What I remember best around now are those days as a kid when the snow was above knees, and the roads were never plowed so we could sleighride anywhere. And tire chains clanking along. I remember trying to be as good as I could so Santa wouldn't pass me by. I remember one Christmas getting skies I thought I would never get. I remember my days as a husband and parent and our very first Christmas's, our tree. Placing icicles strand by strand over each limb. And then, especially, the sparkles in my little daughters' eyes. And how yummy a cake from an easy bake oven could be. I remember the simple things that have always made Christmas so special to everybody I’d know. A Christmas that would always be even if there were no shopping at all 

 

So, that's why getting money, or a gift card would mean little to me. I got the accumulation of decades. And special little things along the way. 

 

The AI wars will intensify, Apple will seriously start nibbling on leader Meta in the virtual reality fields and auto makers will elevate self-driving toward normality. Those will be fodder for next year's headlines and occasional irrational hysteria.  

 

The Answer: 

When the Maji stopped at the Palace of Herod, they asked: “Where is the one who has been born as King of the Jews?” Herod went berserk 

 

I like to drift into my memories and dreams, and nothing makes it nicer than when Renee Michelle plays her piano for me. Maybe you'd like to drift away from the seasonal cacophony for a minute or two with me: 

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment