Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, December 7, 2023

There are consequences.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5.399 

Missing the obvious:

 

I have started this special Tids day for over twenty years, feeling deeply the horrific pains of the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. But I feel something else today. My Yahoo calendar doesn’t mention it at all as day to remember. They seem to have a day listed for every other event except this day of remembering an event that shook America to its core. Are we forgetting? I will never forget, and I hope Americans will always be en garde. God bless them all; those at the bottom of the sea; those laying on the fields as they were strafed walking to pray to thee. God bless all Americans who close their eyes to see.  

 

Ramaswamy is supposed to be a smart guy, but I see a guy who is thinking, Hmm... Donald Trump got elected by using childish insults, so... maybe...!  

 

The Tids Punster Laureate tells me that last night he was watching the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra and the triangle player disappeared. 

 

The Question: 

What is the problem about working in a fire hydrant factory? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Labor News Says Fed Inflation Strategy is Working; Stocks Pop. 

--$239 m illion Worthof Cocaine Seized in San Diego; Biggest Load Came off “Narco Sub”. 

  

If you ever need a little humility, go to an ophthalmologist and get an eye test. 

 

AMD always seems to have an image of being second, but they always find a way to move to the top of new technologies. They have made Intel squirm, and just yesterday they were recognized by Microsoft, Meta and Open AI for their new AI chip which will replace Nvidia. I hope you don’t have big holdings in NV. 

 

So, the TidsPickers are back but not walking jauntily. Last week was another modest one bringing us to 118-74 (61.5%). It’s got to get better, doesn’t it. But key injuries and personnel alterations changes are threatening many preseason favorites like Buff, KC and Detroit. Thes dominant tams of last year are struggling at times, so sure things are less sure. That’s for sure. Mediocrity is thriving, and losers still have to play losers. So, here goes. The big Thursday night Game will probably have Prime execs eating Tums -- Pitt versus New England – they just happen to be two of the three worst offensive teams on the planet. I'm going with Pitt just because they are home. Carolina has a #1 Draft QB but can’t win. And the Saints need this. I'll go NO. Detroit will be the favorite over da Bears but teh Bears have surprised lately... until Justin Fields fumbles. Detroit will squeak it out in this old-time rivalry game. I don’t see Houston losing a second game with Stroud on board, especially to the Jets who seem to be regressing. Ah -- Indy and Cincinnati. QB Browning showed up big against Jax. But Indy has been on fire. The Bennies showed me something last week and I they will take the Colts. Ah2-- Jax and The Browns. QB Lawrence is out. Cleveland will win to keep the hopes alive. 

 

Continuing on, the LA Rams have been on fire lately and they have some very good pieces. But Baltimore is realizing its potential now. Tough pic. I'll take the Ravens. Atlanta needs this game, TB does too. I'll take the Falcons. LV is playing ok but Minn should be better. They will be this week. San Fran is close ot perfection right now. Carroll will have the Seahawks up for it. But the Niners win. The Chargers are a mystery, and the Broncos are on a mission. I'll take Denver. Philadelphia and Dallas is the traditional dream NFC East matchup. I'm going with The Eagles. The Giants have won two in a row against basically nobody. I'll go with the Pack who have found something. Tennessee won’t be able to stay with Miami. The real mystery game is, to me, between two early season pics to be factors in the playoffs. Buffalo and KC. I thought Josh looked very good last week. The Magician doesn’t have the players he had before. This is a real tossup. KC is at home. But I'm picking the Bills to upset. This is a game I would pay to see. 

 

 

Vivek was right on last night saying we can't stop the horror of drugs until we find a way to bring down demand. Drugs aren’t cool and they kill. As long as there is a market, dealers will find a way. Maybe we need a gigantic national New Years resolution. Yeah, Sure. 

 

I just realized ghat when I get to “1980” tomorrow, I will only be through half of my life. But 1980 seems like yesterday to me.  

 

Congress and Elise Stefanic (R) minced no words when the Presidents of Harvard, Penn and MIT mealy mouthed around the subject of students calling for Genocide. And the White House agreed them up for a change.  

 

America will be a better place when it stops condoning anti-civilized behavior. This is a pendulum that must swing the other way and lop off a few heads along the way. Legally of course. 

 

“I was in a job interview and I opened a book and started reading. The guy said, ‘What the hell are you doing?’ 

Then I said to the guy, ‘Let me ask you a question: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’  

He said, ‘I don’t know.’  

I said, ‘Forget it. I don’t want to work for you.’” 

--Steven Wright. 

 

Everybody in America isn’t the same. 

 

That’s why McDonalds is branching out with a new concept Juicery/Eatery to be first seen in Bolingbrook Ill. “Cosmc”, the new restaurant, will be heavy on creative energy drinks like Cherry energy Slush, Tropical Spiceade and S’mores Cold Brew. There will be some old food favorites, but the focus will be on new additions like Spicy Queso and Avocado Tomalito. I hope I never get trapped in tere 

 

“Two babies were born in a hospital on the same day. Two little babies, they put them in the same room, they're just laying there looking at each other. Each family came and took their baby away. The babies live their entire lives, and eighty-five years later by a bizarre coincidence, they end up in the same hospital in the same room, laying on their deathbeds Just laying there looking at each other one of them says to the other one, ‘So… What did you think?” 

--Steven Wright 

 

I’m smiling. Seriously, I didn't want to put that here but I couldn't help myself. But the smile is great. 

 

The Answer: 

There is no legal parking. 

 

I will never forget the horror of December 7, 1941. As you get to be my age and ages older than I, you just hope those younger get the messages so that all our generations never forget that Sunday morning. Here is the Navy hymn which I think America should sing today.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment