Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, March 8, 2024

Ike Knew.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,467 

Rationality Lost: 

 

When the Sotu started so late many people wondered if the Prez was getting a transfusion. But he came out strong and made it through the night. While he spent most of the time trying to elevate the federal government to a panacea status, he also did manage to achieve his most important objective -- not slurring, stumbling, tripping or falling asleep. Sorry, I got tired of it which, frankly, I do for all Sotu’s regardless of who is speaking. So, my mind tuned out early and my hand tuned it off later. But I did notice Kamala popping up regularly in the background. and a thought popped into my mind, The Pop-Up and the Puppet.  

 

Today is International Women’s Day. So, what's new. 

 

This is the time of year when college kids are free for a few weeks. I don't know why. I could escape the angst just by drifting away in the classroom. Some will fly to Partyville, and some others think that just being at home in a quiet loving place beats it all 

 

How do you get a philosophy student off your porch? 

Thank him for the pizza 

 

I haven't heard anything exciting about the Repub response talk by “Repub Rising Star” Katie Britt. Who thought it a good Idea have her talking from a Kitchen... like a multitasking woman. 

 

The Question: 

I hear things I take as a matter of fact, not knowing whether it is legend or truth. For some reason today I wondered if I am making up the word Slavic as a handy way to describe groups of people or is there an actually recognized group of Slavic Countries. It is a group of countries identified by their people who speak Slavic as their native language. Name the 12 countries. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Economy Adds 275,000 New Jobs but Unemployment Rate Rises to 3.9%; Jan New Jobs Report Downwardly Revised from 353K to 229K; Markets Rise After Feb Jobs Report 

--Costco Quarterly Sales Slip, Though Profits Beat. 

--House Passes $460 billion to get Country Past Shutdown Day; Senate expected to Follow Today. 

--Excel Energy Facility May have been the Cause of The largest Texas Wildfire in History. 

 

It seems that progressives were somewhat irate over Bidens use of the phrase “Illegal” immigrants last night. It is just the latest clear example of how much the left is frightened of the truth. 

 

Last night I went to a comedy and philosophy convention. 

I laughed more than I thought. 

 

I'm hearing that a well-mixed cocktail can now fetch close to $25. Now I am really glad I gave up drinking.  

 

Codependency: Biden and Trump needing each other to disparage. 

 

Advanced Technology works well until it doesn't. Then it is hell. 

 

It won't be long now until we start picking the March Madness brackets. Next week we have the various League championships where many dream how they become Cinderellas after a mediocre year huddled in a corner by the chimney. I thought Villanova might be one of those teams until they lost pretty handily to Seton Hall.  

 

The biggest problem with education is that there are too many philosophers theorizing.  

 

Last night the Prez did nothing to reburnish his failed self-ascribed Personna as the "Great Uniter”. He divided more than he did after he won in 2020. He is after all what he has always been, a master of the only game he knows which is to get elected to spend the people's money to help him get elected again. JB doesn’t wrap himself in Red, White and Blue, just Red tape.  

 

Why shouldn't you study French philosophy before Roman poetry? Because that would be putting Descarte before the Horace. 

 

I decided to read the farewell remarks of Ike, President Dwight D Eisenhower: “As we peer into society's future, we-you and I, and our government-must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow. 

Down the long lane of the history yet to be written America knows that this world of ours, ever growing smaller, must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.” 

 

Yeah, Ike. No hate would be nice. 

 

The Answer: 

These countries are Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia Slovakia and Ukraine. 

 

My Eastern philosophy guru told me ... "To grow in enlightenment, you must live in harmony with the mystical Source of everything." "Wait," I replied. "I thought you told me last week that enlightenment came from sudden bursts of insight when meditating on a koan." "Well," he replied, "that was Zen. This is Tao." 

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment