Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

I could never picket.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,561

Ponder:  

 

If you are interested in how enthusiastic America is about the presidential election, consider that just two of the CEO's of the top 100 US companies have donated to either candidate. With inaccuracies and venom of social media so prevalent will we ever get reasonable candidates to run for the number one again? 

 

Did you know that the most violent day in America each year is the Fourth of July? Guns are not fireworks. 

 

"Why are people always having their pizzas delivered? Just order them without liver." 

 

The Question: 

Tesla Stock booms. You wonder, how can it be so vibrant on just EV’s alone considering the competitive obstacles to come. But there is more to Musk and Tesla than EV. more. Name five other Tesla Businesses. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Powell Senate Talk Creating Again that Euphoric Rate Cut Feeling; Markets Tiptoeing into Positive Territory; Apple Hits New High. 

--Just in from NYT: “Pelosi says Biden Should Reconsider Staying in Race. 

--Israel Tells All Residents of Gaza City to Evacuate. 

 

One humorous reader commented on my Tidlet yesterday: “It’s amazing how you still use little things you learned in kindergarten.” he asked, “Are you referring to spelling?” Yeah, funny, Real funny. 

 

Oh, America will always get someone to run for president. The retirement benefits are great. Just hope it's never Gavin Newsome. 

 

So, I was moving a refrigerator, and I needed some extra strength. Instead of grabbing some Tylenol, I snagged a couple of Altoids instead. Cause I'll admit, I was curious... --Mitch Hedberg 

 

If somebody in Chicago invited you to a family backyard 4th picnic, would you go? 

 

Federal authorities are telling us that crime is down. But I have never in my past thought that I should lock my doors.  

 

I don't get it. Go to parties and kill people. 

 

The DMV online services have certainly added a little sanity to living.  

 

There are statistics and then there is the reality of human nature. 

 

In a court room, attorneys have a way of asking multipart questions which can have the effect of entrapping a witness in a perjurious situation. Here's how one savvy woman solved the dilemma: The Question: “Were you alone when Mr *** was in the firm’s offices or were you in the same room as he was, or was he there before you arrived or did you see him when you arrived or did you not see him, and could you tell if he saw you, and if so, did he greet you or did you greet him first?” (Yeah, right. This multi-part question cannot be answered truthfully or in any which way because it’s only meant to confuse.) This is how it was answered: “On part one, yes, part two, I don’t know, part three, I couldn’t tell, part four, I have no idea, part five, no, I did not see him, part five, already asked and answered, part six, I could not tell if he saw me, part seven, I don’t remember.” The judge’s face became a huge question mark and then he pulled out a handkerchief and burrowed his face in it because he couldn’t stop laughing. The defense attorney looked confused and asked the judge if he might ask the witness the question again in another other way to receive a clearer answer? 

Judge, “No. You may not, counselor. Your question has been asked and answered in the exact way you asked it, live with it.” 

 

Well, I thought it was interesting. wordplay is fun. 

 

I had a parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry", so it died. --Mitch Hedberg 

 

Apple stock just keeps on surprising. I'm thinking people are just used to Apple’s ingenuity being able to move them from old to new seamlessly. So, AI will be that test now.  

 

I'm thinking that Danill Medvedev could be the surprise winner of Wimbledon.  

 

We should be able to do better than fourth of July. I'm thinking we shoot for half of July next.  

 

The Answer: 

While the auto biz will be important, it is expected that Tesla Energy will be huge. Some of his businesses related to energy development are SolarCity and Maxwell Technologies, The Boring Company is in transportation construction.  You have heard of Space X. Then there is xAI which will be competing with Open AI. One of the more curious businesses is Neuralink. This allows humans with disabilities to connect with machines to create a symbiosis 

 

People are loving the Celine Dion interview on Prime. It is a sad tale of this wonderful singer's battle against a very rare and debilitating disease. I just thought I’d send along this song today: 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment