Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A wildflower day

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,576 

French Dip, Bacteria Free: 

 

Yesterday, Microsoft's report painted AI a bit grey, and the company's stock dropped like the proverbial rock. But this morning Chip stocks like AMD and Nvidia are soaring because they are saying all is Ok. Trying to figure the stock market is not like not having a clue about what was in the emptiness before the Big Bang. I hate waking with a boggled, or is that befuddled, mind. 

 

But maybe my head’s musty 

My spirit’s not so blusty 

Because like a mindless fool 

I turned the thermostat to heat 

Instead of to a pleasant cool. 

 

Did you hear about the cheese factory in France that exploded? There was nothing left but de brie 

 

The Question: 

What are the five US cities where a burger, fries and a drink is most expensive.? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Finally, Powell Speaks Today; ADP Private Payroll Report shows July Payrolls Rose only 122K versus Expected 155K; Tech Rebound is Expected; Intel Lays Off Thousands; Nas and Dow Up Strong at Noon. 

--Hamas Political Leader Ismail Haneyeh Assassinated in Iran Captial Tehran; Fears Grow of Wider Middle East War. 

--Boeing Names New CEO Kelley Ortberg as Company Struggles with Financial Losses. 

--Senate Rips Secret Service Representatives in Congressional Query. 

 

My personal slogan for a presidential campaign would be “Stop the Handouts; Be responsible”. 

 

Yesterday I opined those reports of a constant decline in sales at Starbucks is signaling an emergence of a new generation with new ideas about their own future claustral favorites. Today I heard a report about how Facebook doesn't attract any of the younger generation whose noses are firmly affixed inside TikTok. Infact, the report goes on to say that now only middle age and up people use it to blatantly expose their personal lives.  Nothing lasts forever and with new technology, forever is much shorter than usual. 

 

Of course, Love lasts forever because that is what it is.  

 

Did you know that today is avocado day? I just got a notification about 48 recipes. I personally find light green mush offensive, so I'm not passing them along. But if you are curious, you could google them I’m sure. 

 

The good news I’m feeling growing from within is that The New England Patriots play their first exhibition game a week from tomorrow. I don’t know about your teams, but here it’s hard to get a handle on how good they could be or how deplorable they might be. So this year everything and anything could be a surprise. 

 

A German was going to a trip in France... He reached passport control and the officer asked:  
"Name?"  
"Hans Kleiner" 
"Age?" 
"31" 
"Occupation?" 
"No no, just visiting". 

 

That's an old favorite French joke. But another old favorite may be relevant for today. As the Triathlon participants jump into the iconic Paris river. Some might be saying, if they jump in that murky river they'd be in Siene! 

 

A French dip? 

 

I see where CBS Anchor Nora O’Donnel announced yesterday that she would retire after the election. She must have plans to become Trump's; Press Secretary. I think that's sarcasm.  

 

I think since Biden bowed out there has been a daily headline, “Kamala Ramps up Campaign.” The media is so anxious for her to win they can't be subtle at all. 

 

On the other hand, there is the Vance haedline   day in and day out: “Vance trying to rebuild his reputation.” You think the journalism empire may be a little biased.  

 

John Williams is certainly recognized as the great movie music composer. But I think all of his stuff sounds the same. 

 

Maybe someday I'll write a poem about wildflowers and all those beautiful arrays. That makes us smile on warm summer days. Waving in breezes across meadows far. Just being themselves just as they are, I think I like wildflowers cause they seem like they’re free, like something I’d enjoy, just being me. Yeah, someday I just gotta write about wildflowers 

 

The Answer: 

Maybe Kamala will buy votes similar to that of her predecessor. I would not be surprised if she subsidizes the cost of Hamburgers so the poor could afford the inflated prices due to mandated high minimum wages. The top ten cites in burger buying cost are, San Diego ($20.76), DC ($18.17 and the rest being San Fran, Seattle, Boston, LA, NY, Phoenix, Philly and Baltimore –with the lowest of high-cost burger, fries and drink at $16.16 

 

I don't know why I like wildflowers. I guess I'm not a manicured garden kind guy. 

 

 

 

 

 

--  

No comments:

Post a Comment