Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Curmudgeon renaissance.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,577 

Thumbs up for Swapping: 

 

August! Wow. I used to write about August as the Month when nothing happened. I remember eating dust on baseball fields and a during preseasons Football practice, I remember sun and things moving slowly. But now August is kind of magical. Something special I’ll remember of course after the dry dust days is one special August day. I remember clearly me and my friends running around the neighborhood celebrating the victory over Japan. And I remember seeing baskets of colorful victory garden vegetable stacked as August bared the fruit of the hot growing season. Yeah, I like August, because it also tells me you can adapt and find good things from the past that at the time always seemed lazy. 

 

Doctor: The damage was extensive, and you may have to lose three fingers on your hand. Me: Will I still be able to write with it? Doctor: Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. 

 

Well, the old Trumpster walked into the Lion's den of black Journalists, and he gave them the raw meat which will keep their columns roaring for weeks.  

 

 

Before I go another millimeter further I just gotta say that watching Katie Ledecky reminds you that there is a lot more good going on in this world than what you hear from politicians. Nobody was close to her in the 1500 yesterday. It just made me smile all over.  

 

 

The Question: 

What are the five basic elements of a good chicken marinade? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Titillating emotions Spread through Wall Street as Fed Inches Closer to Rate Drop; EREal World has Jobless Claims Rising and Manufacturing Falling into Contraction Territory; Markets Plummet; Apple Beats Estimates in Post Closing Report; 

--Buden Announces US Arrangement of Biggest Prisoner Swap totaling 24 Russian and US Citizens; WSJ;’s Gershkovich Among The te List that also includes Paul Whalen, Asuka Kurmasheva and Vladimir Kara-Murza. 

--Simone Biles wins All-Around Gold. 

 

 

 

Interesting paradox between Microsoft and AMD has investors liking chip makers and not AI companies investing heavily in a future acceptance of AI. All AI opportunities are not created equal.  

 

I know of Trump supporters who are seriously conceren about Vance ruining it for him. But yesterday proved that the candidate himself can out stumble him any dsy of the week 

 

 

There's nothing better than a cold diet cola in the morning. Coffee wakes me up but the DC stirs my soul.  

 

The mastermind of 911 agrees to a plea deal to avoid death penalty. Huh!? That was headline today Were the three thousand murdered people offered plea deals?  

 

Senator John Kennedy always makes me laugh. And he is saliant too. We need more like him.  

 

The good news about weather people forecasting heat waves is that the golf courses are much less crowded. Play a shady course. Amazing. 

 

The Answer: 

Number one is Oil or other fat. It is the conduit for flavor. Next is an acid like vinegar or lemon juice. The next must is something salty, something sweet like salt and white sugar, or better Soy and honey. Number four are aromatics with the old standbys of garlic and onions being as good as any. Finally, a little creativity picking our favorite herbs and spices. A How about a combo of the basic fat with garlic rosemary and lemon; apple cider vinegar, cumin, oniions; ginger, garlic, scallion, soy. 

 

Gotta run, but as usual it was tons of fun. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment