Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Music and Pondering

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,573 

Seasoning the Moment: 

 

This campaign of ours 

Is giving me fits, 

And now we must suffer 

A pant suit Blitz. 

 

I believe it is time for an interest rate reduction.  

 

I'm looking for a pendulum swing that brings back the individual. Identity grouping is, pure and simple, is a way for somebody to control others. 

 

The New England Patriots so far look like Super Bowl Champs. I have a serious case of Rabid Fan Disease (RFD). I hope they deliver. 

 

Walking past a graveyard of deceased classical musicians will find that most of them are decomposing. 

 

The Question: 

What is the concept behind Vivaldi’s famous piece The Four Seasons? Bonus: What is considered the best of the segments? 

 

The Headlines: 

--GDP Growth at 2.8% Exceeds Expectations; Inflation Seen as Easing as 2.9 Increase is Lower than Previous Month 3.7%; Markets Drifting Early; Weekly Jobless Claims Fall Morer than Expected. 

--Israel Military Recovers Bodies of Five Hamas Hostages. 

--Biden Closes up Shop in Oval Office Speech. 

--Netanyahu Asks For US Support to Stop Spread of Wider Middle East War. 

--Southwest Airlines to Break Fifty Year Tradition and Begin Assigning Seats. 

--US Scrambles Jets as China and Russia Play Games Near Alaska Border. 

--Fire Raging on Idaho/Oregon Border Covering 270,000 Acres is 0% Controlled; Canadian Fires in Jasper National Park Wiping Out Much of Famous Resort; Concerns Grow as Fire Approaches' Pipeline.  

 

I knew I should have kept my money in cash with a good return. Ugly was the word last night after being clobbered by the cliff drop. The Maga Techs have been too high for a while. So this isn't surprising.  

 

A contestant on the Wheel last night looked like Kamala’s doppelganger. And I'm thinking, how many young women will we see in the next several months will be dressing and adjusting hair styles to match hers. 

 

I just read a news blip with the words, “Cher's highly anticipated Memoir...”.  Say what. Who are the people on the edge of their seats waiting for celebrity memoirs? 

 

I keep meaning to write my memoirs, but never get around to it. It's my oughta biography 

 

If I ever buy vegetables, I never buy them prepackaged in plastic bags. It's not because I hate plastic bags. (I actually love them). It is just that I believe loose vegetables are less apt to cause death.  

 

In my working days. I traveled quite a bit and had eth Southwest Airlines seat grabbing philosophy down to a science. Now they are assigning seats. There goes another of my talents along with reading maps. Life was better before computers when you controlled your own destiny. 

 

For decades now we have been worried about the Middle East powder keg exploding into a massive World war. USA foes are sitting back watching and liking the way it is escalating.  

 

But I keep on telling myself, China doesn't want a war. Then I sleep at night. 

 

Hyden wrote his “Surprise Symphony” because too many people were falling asleep during his music concerts. 

 

What is the difference between Biology & Sociology? If a newly born baby looks like his father, it is Biology but if he looks like the neighbor that’s Sociology.  

 

Today Elon Musk is saying essentially, we should forget about all of Tesla’s problems and inadequacies and flaws in pipe dreams and only concentrate on his endgame when considering buying stock. Good plan. I've been trying to convince people of that personal philosphy for years. 

Eistein dies and goes to heaven. He is informed upon arrival that his room is not yet ready. "I hope you will not mind waiting in a dormitory. We are very sorry, but it is the best we can do and you will have to share the room with others," the doorman, Clyde, tells him. Einstein says that is perfectly fine and there isn't any need for a big fuss. So, Clyde leads him to the dorm where Einstein is introduced to the current residents. "Well, here is your first roommate, he has an IQ of 180!" "Why that's splendid!" exclaims Einstein, "we can discuss literature!" "And here is you second roommate, she has an IQ of 150!" "What fun!" exclaims Einstein, "we can discuss mathematics!" "Meet your third roommate, his IQ is 100!" "Jolly good!" exclaims Einstein, "we can discuss the latest plays showing at the theatre!" Just then another gentleman comes up to greet Einstein and shake his hand, "I'm your last roommate, and I wanted to apologize in advance, my IQ is only 80." Einstein smiles back at him and inquires, "So, where do you think interest rates are headed?" 

 

Interest rate discussions: Has anything so important ever become so mundane. 

 

I have to say I'm not capable of seeing the difference between Telemann and Vivaldi. And a host of other baroque music composers. Yet somehow through it all, I really like Vivaldi. 

 

The Answer: 

Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. How easy was that. Sorry. Bonus: It is the “Spring” Allegro.  

 

See you tomorrow, Gotta run. But you may enjoy is to wind down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment