Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, March 5, 2010

Be who you are.

Today's Tids Issue 2,081
Opening Stuff:

As snow flakes chilled my neck in the early morning dawn, I had the sense that it may become a day that signals an air reborn. As the sky brightened beyond the clouds, the grey of depression became a promise fulfilling hope. In other words, stop sittin’ around and get out of a stultifying house and enjoy a new day. Smile!

“Let every man practice the art he knows best.” --Cicero. I believe that too many people get side tracked from who they really are in order to make money. Now, if who you are is making money, that’s a good thing too.

The Question:
Today is the 47th anniversary of the death of great country singer Patsy Cline who along with singers “Cowboy” Copas and “Hawkshaw” Hawkins was killed when a plane piloted by her manager Randy Hughes went down near Camden TN. Name five of Patsy’s greatest songs.

Today’s Headlines:
--Californian Resentful Of Government Travels Cross Country With Automatic Weapons To Kill Two Pentagon Police Officers.
--Unemployment Stays At 9.7%; 35K Job Loss better Than Expected.
--Favorable Jobs Report Brightens Stock Futures.
--China’s Wen Announces Growth Goal Of 8% For Economy.
--White House Considering Reversal To Permit Military Trials Of Combatants.
--Turkey Warns Obama Of Consequences Over Coming Vote On Alleged Armenian Genocide In Early 1900’s.
--Clashes In Greece Accelerate As Gov Asks For Debt Help.
--70% Of Tomato Crop Lost In Frigid Florida.
--Conservative Sarkozy Says State Will Assume Bigger Role In Running Businesses.

Back to More Stuff:

The Republicans continue to find new ways to hang themselves by their big toes. Ouch. I truly believe that it is time to do away with the two parties, where their management has become a big business and they are as inept as some for the geniuses on Clueless Lane. I wouldn’t send any National party a nickel. Frankly, I don’t like to send anybody money.

Naomi Campbell should be playing in the NFL.

It looks like the bluest of the blue are oozing the reddest of the red. The five top states with the biggest financial woes are Illinois, NY, Conn, Cal and NJ –all five with strong Democrat majorities. Deep blue. The five fittest are 3 red – Utah, Nebraska and Texas – and 2 that skew Democrat – NH and Virginia. The reason, according to Professor Ken Redfield from U of Ill, is higher than average obligations for social services and other debt pushers like coalitions with construction companies and road builders. The fact is, says Redfield, Democrat states have a higher incidence of Union control and the Unions are doing what they do best too well…Making demands for the above budget drainers to which they are historically closely related. Nothing just happens.

Did you hear about the woman who developed a fear of frying after learning that there were more accidents in the kitchen than in the air?

The Novel:
Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 57 continues --“Well Henry, thanks for letting me play amateur sleuth in our little village episode. Who would have known that it would develop into a major conspiracy?”
“No problem, Kent. I enjoyed getting to know you and Sarah. Of all the people in town, who would have thought that I would be working so closely with you the hermit”, He smiled at his little bit of humor. “And Sarah the visitor.” He paused. He always takes long pauses in the middle of sentences. “But, it was my pleasure to get to know the two of you. You were both a great help. Ity looks like you and Sarah got along well too. That’s good for neighborliness.” I smiled at that one..
“Enjoyed it”, I answered quickly. “And I will continue to enjoy her company”. It is imperative. And essential that I stay close as his good ole’ boy buddy. Keeping track of Bromsky is important.
I left the station and got into my car for the short drive home. I wished I didn’t have the car. A short walk after all of the tension would be relaxing. People never see the tension in me. But, being deceptive is just one of my favorite pastimes. Looking at microbes all day long can get a little tedious.
I walked into my nice tidy little home. There was a magazine laying on the floor next the soft green couch. There was a imprint in the cushion. I smiled and went to the kitchen for a Diet Coke. I popped the top. Pffft. Ahh, one of my favorite sounds.
“How’s the old woman treating you?” I looked up and smiled. Laura slinked over and wrapped her arm around me.

Back to More Stuff Again:

Wherever there is an organization there is somebody who wants to run it and ultimately create a massive bureaucracy. And this goes from giant social service non-profits to small art groups to communes to global mega-corporations. Watch out Tea Party loyalists. Should I say? Should I say it? O well…somebody sees you as there cup of tea for career advancement. It’s in the bag.

The Tids Entertainment Editor must have snoozed off this week, as American Idol came and went with nary a comment. I liked that Haley who was knocked off last night. But after hearing her off key final song, I can agree easily with the voters decision. My favorites on the women’s side are Chrystal and Siobhan. I think Lilly will be in the mix, and hope that Katie keeps moving along. The woman are far stronger than the men in my estimation. The men are monotonous. My personal favorites are Lee and Aaron. I thought that Michelle could have stayed and that Tim should have gone. The younger girls must like him, and that is always a plus on this show..

Anybody who doesn’t think there is pure evil in the world should take a look at the life of Joe Stalin who died 57 years ago today.

Reading between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--The new Alice in Wonderland looks like a weird horror film to me. This is a Hollywood “update” which only makes me ask, “what are the moguls and elite up to now?” This is a star laden film with Alice as a young adult about to marry an annoying dolt who is beckoned down the famous hole one more time. It doesn’t look like it’s for kids, and certainly not me. As great as Carroll’s work is, it never appealed to my senses. I always found the story irksome.
--The only good thing to “Training Day” semi sequel Brooklyn Finest is authenticity of grizzly living in a crime ridden housing project. It is basically a reminder of another America existing side by side with gentrified homes of Wall Street’s bonus babies. (Or at least the apartments for their girl friends.) Gere is back in this well known and often repeated story of police corruption.

I see where global warming is continuing its wrath as Sweden had to send out emergency ice breakers to save four large ships, including passenger ferries, frozen in the Baltic Sea.

They announced the states who were winners of the “Race to the Top” education competition held by the Department of Education. The feds will award the states who inaugurate “Radical School Reform” with millions to execute change. Little Rhody with among the highest paid teachers and very mediocre results was one of the 16 winners among the 41 that applied. The head of education in the small state is a gutsy woman named Dorothy Gist who stands toe to toe with the very powerful and state legislature supported unions. This is a big victory for her, and I applaud her. But, here is my take. Now we have the biggest of governments lurking in our school yards. Which…makes it highly unlikely that my wish of school boards coming under the thumb of town councils will ever make it.

While everybody is worried about the feds taking over the health care system, they have successfully made a big first step to take over our local schools.

The Answer:
On a day that promises sun and a little warmth, “Crazy” may be a thing of the recnt past, but it will always be remembered and associated with he great Cline. Other big hits include “Walkin’ after Midnight”, “I Fall to Pieces”, “Sweet Dreams” and “She’s Got You”. She also recorded 117 other songs before her premature death. The country music world is still morning.

The End:

The only thing that can keep the sun behind the clouds is to plan today as the day to work on income taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment