Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, March 22, 2010

An unhealthy future.

Today's Tids Issue 2,092
Opening Stuff:

For the first time in many years the first day of Spring actually looked and felt like Spring. Last year we didn’t get Spring until July, and then only momentarily. Are they foolin’ us?

Many people who helped to elect Obama did so because it was historic. In his last minute push, Obama has been saying we should pass Health care because it will be historic. Maybe we should just let history run its course, and try to get things right for a change.

In case you missed it, the Heath Care boondoggle authorizes 16,000 new IRS agents but no new doctors. That’s government logic – 32,000,000 new patients and nobody to take care of them. But lots of people to harass the folks. Maybe we should outsource the new flood of patients to India. For a Trillion, we can probably get them first class seats.

I’ll tell you one place I won’t be on April 3 – waiting on line to get one of the first iPads! Somehow I sense that before long the iPad will fins a place in the attic stored next to a John Travolta Saturday Night Fever outfit.

In case you haven’t noticed, the current average of 7 polls on people’s view of the health care bill is 49.3% against and 40.2% for.

Daily Question:
See how well you can answer these three word games:
1. NOTHINGEXCELLENT
2. JANOB
3.              THE LAW
          JUSTICE=JUSTICE

The Headlines:
--Congress Passes Job Killing LollaPelosi; Majority Of Folks Licking Chops To Vote Out Dems In November.
--French Left Overwhelms Sarkozy Conservatives In Sunday Vote.
--Markets Down As Doubts About Greece Linger.
--German Priest Sex Abuse Investigation Expands.
--Republicans, And Anti HC Indies And Democrats Say Debate Starts Today; Hot New Bumper Sticker Expected To be “Remember In November.”
--Sales Of Luxury Products Going Strong; Tiffany’s Has Record Profit.
--East Greenwich High Wins Rhode Island Academic Decathlon; The next Nine Are, Hendriken, Wheeler, Johnston, Middletown, Bay View, Cranston West, Classical, North Kingstown and Narragansett.

Back to More Stuff:

I had to put away my ski jacket today. Rats! On the positive side, Hilltop Creamery opened for the season!

Stupak Kick-Back or Pelosi Sausage Factory Department:
I could have called this – “Why the people don’t stand a chance? Department:”. The future of the US as we have known it is dead. Our future freedoms are now hanging upon tender hooks because we have a President with the overwhelming desire to have something in the history books other than the fact that he was the first half-white person to become President. Check out the sausage ingredients: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703775504575136133814210008.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

Stayin’ Alive Department:
If your cell phone rings while it is being charged, always unplug before answering. Want me to repeat that?

An astronaut is successful when he is down and out.

Omar Samher, the huge center for the St. Mary’s basketball team received this text message after his team upset Richmond in the NCAA first round: “I can’t believe you won! You messed up my brackets” –Love Mom.

After the 2nd round win over Villanova she said “That’s my boy.” This kid is good.

A new government report says the four cities least affected by joblessness from the downturn are Minneapolis, Oklahoma City, Rochester and Buffalo. The reasons these cities were spared so say these government experts is because their economies don’t rely on manufacturing and they didn’t have to wrestle with a boom/bust housing problem. Buffalo was devastated by the loss of manufacturing many years ago and has been a small wasteland ever since. They would love to have retained those substantial industries back. Instead the have a jobs economy based now on selling trinkets to Canadian tourists. The city never had a boom/bust real estate market because nobody wanted to move to Buffalo. Rochester the former home o many giants like Kodak, is similar. The message is, once again, beware of a government offering statistics. Believing them is like opening an email with a virus.

Johannes Sebastian Bach would have been 325 years old yesterday. 325 years, and his music is still as fresh as the day it was written. Is this guy one of the great genius’s or what? You have hummed his tunes subconsciously. Pop singers have adapted them. People get married by them. Jazz players interpret them. When you got it -- you got it!

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 61.  -- “Hi Henry,” I said pleasantly. I loved Henry.
Last night after a long day at BiEm ( Probably too long for my first day back) I had a cup of coffee with Kent while he had his Diet Coke and a piece of pie. I wondered how he stayed so thin. I was exhausted. Even when I felt his foot touching my calf, I didn’t even have the strength to respond to something I would normally of late have loved. I told him I just had to get home, and he understood immediately. He walked me out. We found some shadows. He kissed me hard. It felt beautiful. I was still glowing when I walked in to see the kids. I didn’t feel guilty at all. They ran up and hugged me and asked me how I felt. Could I ask for more? Paul was working late as usual. But, he eventually came home, and we had a wonderful talk before bed. He was totally caring. And, actually a little romantic. I told him I was tired. He understood.
“Good to see you, Detective Durham,” Henry joshed. “What brings you here?”
“Do you mean other than the fact that I’m uncontrollably in love with you?” His eyes lit up and he laughed that wonderful Henry laugh. ”I just wanted to get your view of the big mess. I have been told about it from Isabelle and Kent primarily. But, regardless of how much I like them, I still have to be totally understanding of anything that may affect our big investment.”
“You have an hour?,” he started. I nodded and said I have until my recovering body gives out. He asked me a couple of questions about my health. The phone rang. Henry picked it up. I heard a bunch of “yups” and Uh-huh’s” but nothing interesting. Then he turned to me. “That was the state police. Seymore Bromsky has been found – dead. They say it was a suicide.”

You know you are still in New England when you see houses where the backs are not painted. Of course this dates back to the days when white paint was so expensive that the fourth side or sides not showing, was often covered with ox-blood based red. Today a good Yankee just uses weathered shingles. Gotta save for a rainy day, you know!

I look at Mount Saint Charles 3rd consecutive state hockey championship as a good thing. The state hasn’t completely lost all of its grand old traditions.

A headline read, “Much of land historic”. Isn’t all land historic? I mean, something happened on all land for the first time. The first crocus to ever poke through on March 14th. The first muskrat to take a crap there. The first sub humanoid explaining to his wife why he was out gathering with the boys so long.

To me everything about this Health Care thing is about expanding Medicaid. To expand people’s reliance on government. All the goodies that seem useful are just there to attempt softening the anger against the LollaPelosi. Also, if the Feds eventually take away the HC burden form companies and towns (Which is probably their ultimate aim), unions will be able to bargain for higher wages. There are many underlying dynamics to this bill. Anything that costs a trillion is going to affect something. And I will; probably not be good.

America began its decline when FDR pushed through Social Security.

The Answer:
You probably did these posers in your sleep: 1. Nothing short of excellent. 2. An inside job. 3. Equal justice under the law.

Final Thoughts:

The librarian was checking in a variety of books for me when I said “I hope this isn’t confusing?” She smiled knowingly, looked up and delivered this classic, “I am of an age beyond confusion.”

BTW, if you are confused by the LollaPelosi HC scam, tale comfort in this – there is an excellent chance it will be repealed by 2,013. Remember in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment