Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hate speech.

Today's Tids Issue 2,098
Opening Stuff:

How easily does appear that the modern human falls into hating? When even in the most disagreeable person there is always something inside to love. Why since the beginning of time has the human heart been inflicted with hatred of something? Was the world before the “Apple” one of hearts with only love? Is it that for which we are really all striving. A world with the absence of hate. I just hate the word hate unless it is associated with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms.

It figures that a “Leaderless” GOP would spend nearly $2,000 at a “Topless” club.

The Question:
What are the origins of the words “Cracker”, “Faggot”, “Kike” and “Wop”? And “Hate”?

The Headlines:
--Northeast Under Extreme Flood watch As Heavy Rains Continue To Pound Saturated Ground.
--US Treasury To Float Issue Of 7.3 Billion Shares Of CitiGroup Stock: Could Reap Handsome Profit For Taxpayer; Tax payer Will Never See it.
--Geneva Atom Smasher Sets Collision Records; Beats Former Mark On California Highways.
--US Mental Institutions Flooded With Calls Day After “24” Fatality Announcement; Facilities Near Capacity From Previous Deluge Of Disgruntled Bracketeers.
--0-Man Says Karsai Sorta OK’
--Chinese Company Buys Volvo.
--Obama Exhibits Lunar Tendencies Of Paranoia In Speak-Out Against Tea Party.

Back to More Stuff:

There is no truth to the rumor that Geely, new Chinese owner of the venerable Volvo car maker, will announce as their first model a commemorative named “The Tianamen” designed to hold their liberal customer base. It will return to the boxy tank-like appearance and have pre-rusted fenders.

Global Warming enthusiasts seem to be in a panicky mood as new theories to support their view of a dying planet get whackier and whackier.

A good electrician knows what’s watt.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 63 continues “Kent and I got to know each other quite well. I think once you get past his apparent icy exterior, he is actually a pretty decent person.” I knew Paul would agree because he said the same thing about him.
“I agree,” Paul said on cue. “Several people at the meeting told me that you spent a lot of time in his office.” He just let it lay there.
I responded immediately, “I didn’t think I spent that much time with him,” I paused and watched Paul. He was expressionless, but not questioning. “He was my key person for gathering technology as it applied to our financial offering. Actually,” I added, “That vandalism was quite fortunate as it gave me an opportunity to meet and know Kent Middleton at another level”. And, what a wonderful level it is I thought. How can I talk like this to Paul and not feel anything about what I am saying.
Paul looked a little more relaxed, “I was just surprised I guess that he came to your hospital room.” I had an answer for this expected observation. “But…”
I interrupted Paul, “I think he felt some guilt over my accident. You remember that we were both being followed by some unidentified cars, and I think he felt he should have recognized something earlier that may have helped me.” Then I went over to him and wrapped my arms around him giving him that big gooey kiss I knew he loved.” He melted.
“How are your aching bones?” he snickered. “I could be gentle with you tonight.” He smiled. I shuddered.

A day after plowing through unrelenting rain for over 200 mikes on water slickened highways filled cars going 70 miles/hour or more, you reflect back the next day and wonder how you made it alive. And imagine all of the near miss potential catastrophe scenarios you avoided.

My original Tid’s NCAA bracket predictions were pretty accurate. Oh, not my selections, but the realization that nothing in bracketeering is sacred any more. There are no traditional powers so strong that they can’t be beaten. In fact some of the so-called power schools will be at a disadvantage as top high school-ers who go there rarely stay, making them potential fodder for all senior dominated smaller programs. In addition, kids are learning that sitting on the bench at a school of their dreams is not as good as playing all of the time at another not so bad place.

Today is the first day I can remember, other than hurricane days, when schools were closed statewide because flooding.

We actually live in a new world of selective discrimination. For instance businessmen involved in Global warming are good and all other business people are evil. Liberal blacks and women are good while Conservative women and blacks are not seen as actually women or blacks. The press is violently against today’s “haters”, but supported all hate directed against Bush. All political movements that aren’t for abortion, Obama and Health Care are radical and dangerous.

I learned at an early age that the word hate when used against a person is as vile a word as exists.

The Answer:
Cracker – The white man who “cracked” the whip on slave ships; Poor whites in South who could only afford to eat crackers; (Most common) Person cracks corn in process of making corn whiskey. Faggot -- a bundle of sticks often used in 14th century for fire to burn witches. When wood diminished homosexual males would be thrown on to keep fire burning; (Possible) Italian word fa(n)gotto meaning disagreeable woman. Kike – Most probably from Yiddish word kikel for circle, the mark used by illiterate Jews to sign papers at Ellis Island; From kiekel (to peep) linked to Jewish clothes manufacturers who “peeped” at European fashion houses and produced knock-offs. Wop – Comes from Spanish “guapo” and Italian guappo meaning handsome which later came to mean handsome scoundrel; Another origin goes back to Ellis Island where those “with out papers” would have note WOP pinned to clothes. Most words of this type take on a more negative meaning because of the word “Hate”. Hate comes from the old hatian or German hassen and several other similarities among almost early languages that meant basically to feel strongly against. I guess hate isn’t a new concept.

The End:

I hate it when the Tids are late.

No comments:

Post a Comment