Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, March 26, 2010

Presidents and Popes.

Today's Tids Issue 2,096
Opening Stuff

There are periods during the Winter when you wonder if the gray will ever end. Often the gray is so consuming that the sunny crisp days of the coldest months are a buried memory. But in the heart there is always sun ready to burst forth. And the pervasive appearing gloom can always be overcome with a smile full of love.

The Prez is on his gloating tour and not looking very Presidential at all. His ridiculing of concerns by honest citizens before a fawning crowd of pseudo intellectuals is just no the way to bring about the unity he professes to crave. And, he is using low ball, hack like tactics when he tells his slobbering mass that in six to seven months the opposition will see no change in theirs lives, No asteroids form outer space. Of course nothing is planned to happen until 2014. So, he is either being disingenuous or he hasn’t yet read the bill.

The Question:
Name Seven songs you associate with Easter.

The Headlines:
--Pope Under Fire For Inaction While In Charge Of Papal Legal Operations.
--Pakistani’s Kill 34 Militants.
--Police In Arizona Arrest 10 Illegal Smugglers and 50 Illegal’s.
--Eurozone Announces Stopgap Program For Greek Situation; Bankruptcy Will Be Averted But Plan Shows Weakness Of EU Concept.
--Allawi Position In Iraq Strengthens.
--New Fed Program Will Help Some Foreclosure Situations.
--Markets Looking Better For Strong Week’s Close.

Back to More Stuff:

You know that I like to get away from the political hurt from time to time, but the antics associated with the passage of this highly partisan monster keep me on high alert. And the excuse by supporters that “It’s not perfect but we have to start somewhere”, just makes my stomach turn. Some day we’ll have to start getting something right.

While we are on the ‘un-Presidential” express, Sarah Palin’s over exposure is rapidly diminishing an aura she once held. Maybe she has just fallen in love with the dough – and I don’t mean apple pies in Wasilla.

A judge in Florida dismissed a suit by an Atheist demanding holy days for them like Easter for Christians and Passover for Jews. After objections from the Atheist’s lawyer he explained that the atheists already had one – April Fools Day and cited this passage from Psalm 14:1: “The fool says in his heart there is no God”. The adjourned saying your client is a fool and he has April 1.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 63. –“Hi Kids!” I heard Paul’s happily robust voice as he walked in the side door from the garage.
The kids both in unison responded, “Mom told us never to talk to strangers! Our dad never shows up until 8:00.” Then they laughed and I’m sure they ran over and gave them super hugs. But, I thought, he really is home early.
I was walking out towards the mud room when he looked at me and gave me a big “Hi Beautiful!”
I played the blushing bride role, “Who little ole’ me?” I smiled at him and he gave me a nice kiss and a tender hug. I hugged back. I wonder why he is here so early? But, it was good and the kids loved it.
He followed me into the kitchen and watched me for a moment while I cut ups some cheese chunks. “This is a pleasant surprise,” I started.
He chimed right in, “Oh, I was at BiEm most of today, and we got so much accomplished that I decide to relax with you for a while.” I told him I was glad. He looked at me a little more seriously.
“What do you think of Kent Middleton?” He just sat there for a moment. I shuddered inside. I felt my heart beat a little faster. I found myself on edge. Then he added, “I know you got to know him pretty well when you were involved in that vandalism thing”. That vandalism thing that you thought was nothing, I thought. I decided to take my time before I answered this.

Let’s have a new name for ACORN contest. We know that the operatives in the old gang living high off the taxpayer hog will be back some where. How do they replace that kind of income – Brain Surgery? Hedge fund Manager? Politician? They’ll be back just in time to fake voting records in November. So I’m throwing into the pot: CRAP – Community Radical Activists Profiting; OBAMA – Opportunistic Bolsheviks Against Majority of Americans. Well that's a start. Send in yours!

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Hot Tub Time Machine is a Buddy picture which in fact is a cheap imitation of “The Hangover” idea. Pals who were once popular guys in the eighties are now taking a second look at their evolution into a humdrum existence. The decide to get together and it all comes together when while sitting in a hot tub at an old decaying once a playground resort, They are taken back to 1986. You get the picture. Some laughs. The problems: 80’s nostalgia doesn’t measure up to the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s.
--How to Train your Dragon is the Kids animated film of the week. It is based on a familiar Viking tale about a puny boy among peers who decides to slay a Dragon to gain popularity. Of course he comes across a Dragon in pain and helps him out. They be come friends. Not bad.
--Chloe is a fairly bad sexual thriller –a poor man’s “Fatal Attraction. A successful Doctor suspects her husband of infidelity. She hires a prostitute (Chloe) to tempt him and see how he reacts. Bad idea, because before you know it she and her family are in grave danger. Might be moderately enjoyable if you are hard up for something on your Netflix list.

The "Unity President" finally got what he wanted – Bipartisanship...only it was opposition to the Monster. And the tactics. “Most Liberal” Senator never changes principles. They just change suits.

From the lying Cardinal Law in Boston to the-jury-is-still-out-on Cardinal (Now Pope Benedict) Ratzinger in the Vatican, Catholic leadership has been gutless at best, and probably criminal in their handling of the known clerical predators. The Catholic Church has done more for God haters than a congress of Satans roaming the earth. It is sad.

The Answer:
I first think of Easter Parade, Halleluiah Chorus and Here Comes Peter Cottontale. Ode to Joy form Beethoven and the powerful 2nd Mahler Symphony “The Resurrection” also come to mind. Then there’s that Old Wooden Cross and Christ has Risen. Also Amazing Grace has slipped into some Easter repertoires. There are lots and lots of Christian Hymns.

Final Thoughts:

Business opportunity: Write popular songs for Easter.

It’s already early, and it already looks like a great start to a weekend. And, it is gloomy looking outside. Which means that the weather in the grand scheme of things has little to do with your outlook if you don’t let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment