Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The biggest lie.

Today's Tids Issue 2,093
Opening Stuff:

Is there anything more irritating than after making your breakfast, smelling the aroma of brewing coffee, going out to get the paper and sniffing the fresh morning air, feeling the caress of your favorite chair and then anticipating the first words on the page, you reach up, turn on the lamp and the bulb burns out! Aaaaaaaaargh!

Interestingly, the words of Massachusetts Dem US Rep Stephen Lynch (All Mass Reps are Dems.), who broke with his party and voted no, provide a rare enlightened though simplified view of one of the major problems with LollaPelosi: “(The Health Care Bill) extends coverage to 10’s of millions without sufficiently reforming the system.” He is quite right. They never looked at all at the underlying ills and biggest problems with the current system. The biggest of these being that the current system is an immense pot of gold that just invites all manner of people, busineses and organizations to spend it. That pot just got huger assuring the addition of millions of scammers and the expansion of groups and organizations that will tap into it it. And more people in America saying, “Why shouldn’t I spend it, it’s free isn’t it.”

The Question:
In case you hadn’t noticed, the Health Care intrusion on the greatness that once was America passed on the anniversary of the passage of the “Stamp Act” in England. You know the Stamp Act – A law passed in England that basically imposed a tax “without representation” on the Colonies to support the housing of British Soldiers. It led to a group called the Sons of Liberty which evolved into a movement known as the American revolution. Coincidentally, today is the anniversary of the Patrick Henry’s (An almost “Treasonous” leader against the Stamp Act) speech that ended in “Give me liberty, or give me death.” Give me five other well known Revolutionary War quotes.

The Headlines:
--Stock Markets Showing Slow Steady Gains.
--Congress Focuses Attention On Financial reform; Newly Emboldened 0-Man Says He Will Add Muscle To Senate Bill.
--President Of Sudan To Expel Election Observers.
--Acorn Disbanding Over Money Woes.
--UK To Expel Israeli Diplomat Over Country’s Use Of Forged British Passports In Dubai Assassination Of Hamas Leader.
--Tea Party Anger Rising Over HC Passage.

Back to More Stuff:

The Canadian and British Health care systems are great if you buy back-up insurance and are willing to pay budget busting taxes every year.

I have to be honest, -- I have trouble watching Dancing with the Stars. One thing I could see for sure is that Buzz Aldrin looked downright scary, and I felt embarrassed for this goofy looking dancer, former space Hero. As the aficionados probably already know the favorites at this point are Evan Lycasek and Nicole Scherzinger. In addition to Aldrin at the bottom last night, we had soapy star Aiden Turner and reality mom Kate Gosselin. I wouldn’t watch DwtS simply because they allow reality moms on the show. The odds makers say Lycazek and Scherzinger at 3:1 and 4:1 are tops. Next is footballer Ochocinco at 7:1 followed by Turner 14:1, Shannon Doherty 15:1, Pamela Anderson 17:1, Gosselin 20:1, reality bachelor Jake Pavelka 25:1, Erin Andrews 40:1, Niecy Nash 50:1 and the bumbling spaceman at 1,000:1.

“24”-um: That gun battle went on much too long, and the just-in-the-nick-of-time appearance by Renee was a little too dramatic. I was surprised she didn’t emote a little more as she took Jack in her arms. My favorite line of the night was from Chloe : “I don’t do praise well”. Then, of course, there was the big surprise and finally the answer to the Dana mystery.

It Pays to Read the Tids Department:
In the Feb 24th “24-um” Tid, the Tid’s International Conspiracy Editor wrote: “…But more interesting is that maybe Dana wasn’t covering up her past indiscretions, but was worrying that her hidden association with the terrorists would be revealed if her past became known. That would be fun.” The Tids knows!

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 61 continues. --My first reaction to Henry was, “I didn’t think his psyche was that fragile. In fact, Henry, I thought just the opposite about Bromsky.”
Henry answered immediately, “How well did you know him?”
“I didn’t know him that well, but he did visit me in the hospital for some elusive reason that still bothers me. You know Henry,” I paused and thought a minute. “You, know that there are lots of things about this that aren’t computing.”
“I’m glad you stopped in this morning, Sarah. I’ve been wondering about a few things myself. The first that comes to mind is how that momentary blackout at the time of the teens’ abduction was orchestrated.” I nodded. “You remember that Kent and I went down to the Boston Security outfit. That’s where we first learned of the Bromsky tie-in. But, I don’t think they could do the power thing. There is something else going on here.” Now he paused and looked at the ceiling. “Like how,” He continued thinking. “Like how would the Security team know that the teens were planning some vandalism?”
“Henry,” I interrupted, “You are raising some very good questions.” I looked at my watch. I was going to drive Jax and Jill into Beverly for some of the classes they had been missing lately. Maybe I’ll call Paul for lunch. “I’ll be back in a couple of days. I’ll think about all of this. Maybe you and I should work together on this quietly.
“What about Kent. He seems as interested as you, his ‘Partner’ in all of this!” He smiled at me.
“You know, Henry, I think it would be better to have it as just you and me.” He raised an eyebrow,

One of the things I really dislike about the Health care passage is that I have to keep reading about it so I can be informed enough to report and opine accurately. Well, I guess the good news is that it will give me an edge over congress. But, then, that’s never been too hard for the average thinking American. It is obvious that the ovine media isn’t doing its job.

Michelle Wie is the Anna Kornicova of golf. If you have the body and the looks it really makes no difference whether you win or lose. I thought we had gotten passed that.

While you weren’t looking the Feds got control of the Student College Loan program that was attached to the LollaPelosi. I wonder what else will be sucked into the offices of 1400 Pennsylvania when the full 2,500 pages of HC is revealed?

The doctor’s assistant responsible for audio teats on patients is a hearing aid.

I look at LollaPelosi as a Trojan Horse. The reason why the White House mantra was “we have to pass something”, is because something will eventually get the entire massive HealthCare system under the wings of admin bureaucrats. And could conceivably give the Executive Branch of our government with Three equal branches immense power over the daily lives of everybody. There is no such thing as a “Free” lunch.

I have to ask myself why China would be at a disadvantage if Google pulls out. I could stop using Google and my life would change a byte.

That 0-Man Executive Order that served as the Stupak Kickback isn’t worth the paper upon which it is written. It is just translucent political cover. Obama has successfully proven to me that it has become impossible to believe anything coming from his mouth. He is just another political phony.

The Answer:
 The first that comes to mind is Nathan Hale’s “I regret that I have but one life to give for my country.” --A free country that we may have just ceded to unelected bureaucrats. How about William Prescott at Bunker Hill: “Don’t shoot til you see the white’s of their eyes.” Ben Franklyn said lots including “Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world.” How about TJ who said “Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories.” and “If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.”.

The End:

Unfortunately Mr. Jefferson, too many people today think they are happier when they are getting something for nothing. Maybe the travesty associated with the passage of this illogical HC monster will rekindle the flame. Let’s hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment