Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, April 4, 2022

Genocide by any other name.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,137 

Whatever happened to kindness: 

 

 

It was under a sky of grey 

As I walk the beaches yesterday 

But I was smiling as I strode 

Watching happy sandpipers play. 

I followed hoof-prints in the sand, 

And dreamed of another time, 

In a magical make-believe land. 

I stopped, paused, I gazed; 

Looking at the horizon far. 

To a broad sea named Azov 

And it’s beaches red with blood 

Bodies lying dead upon the sand. 

And I felt a mist from the sky aloft’ 

Wondering, are they tears of God.  

Over the horror in the Ukraine? 

It was not at all make-believe. 

It was horrible, terribly real. 

And I continued my walk again 

With a Heart full of love for here. 

But full of sorrow, for all those there.  

 

Every once in a while, you just have to stop and look at the world beyond us.  

 

I have been resisting buying the new “Coca-Cola, Zero Sugar, Zero Calorie Cola” mainly because I didn’t like the sad look of the label graphics. (Yes, I am that shallow.) I like happy graphics. But I overcame my resistance and bought one bottle. I wish I didn't. It was much too sweet tasting and a far cry from Diet Coke, nectar of the gods. It was not different than the Coke Zero of years ago that I didn't like. I guess my daily problems aren’t so big after all. Actually, quite embarrassing to consider them... considering. 

 

Many composers like Brahms, for instance, use the tympany as a very moving, lyrical instrument. 

 

And from our d favorite Hall of Fame Punniest reader: “I have no Monet for Degas to make the Van Gogh... because I am baroque. 

 

The Question: 

Here is a list of names used to describe various groups of animals, birds, fish and other living creatures: Gaggle, Swarm, Sounder, Murder, Flock, Pod, School, Parliament, Warren, Pride, Cloud, Brood, Convocation. Name the living thing that belongs to those groups. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Nasdaq Up Strong, Dow Even, S&P Up; Investors Like EU Talk Of More Sanctions Against Putin; Ukraine Remains the Driving Force Holding Investors Hostage To Unknown Future. 

--Global Horror Over Putin’s Atrocities Deepens As Bodies Of “Executed” Civilians Are Found Strewn Across The Streets Of Bucha. 

--Russia Forces Retreat From Kiev Area. 

--South Carolina’s Size and Power Control UConn To Win NVCAA Waman’s NCAA Basketball Title; North Carolina and Kansas Go At It Tonight For The Men's Title. 

--Grammy Winners: Song and Record of the Year -- "Leave the Door Open", Silk Sonic; Album of the Year – We are, John Baptiste; Best New Artist, Olivio Rodrigo; Lady Gaga And Tony Bennet Won “Best Traditional Pop Album – Love for Sale. 

--Increased Cash Holdings Appearing More Bullish Than Negative Say Key Analysts Including Ray Dalio. 

--Musk Buys 9% Stake In Twitter For About $3 Billion. 

--US Seizes $50 Million Oligarch Super Yacht; Captain Accuses US Of Racism Against Russians Who Don’t Want To Be Associated With War. 

 

I became absorbed in watching the kids compete in the Drive, Chip, Putt Championships played over the weekend at Agusta in advance of the Masters. The girls 14-15 Yo putt championship was as good as it gets at the highest levels. There I was at an advanced age hoping that someday I could play as well as a 13-year-old. Golf is so humbling. 

 

Today is National Hug A Newsman Day. Does being editor of the Tids qualify as a newsperson? If so, I’m walking around town with open arms.  

 

Ironically, it is also National Tell a Lie Day! Is that like fake news is Ok today? 

 

War Flavor of the Day, Department: 

NK ‘s Kim has been loving rattling his sword over the years, but now the Ukraine assault may embolden him to take the rhetoric an ugly step further. North Korea Is warning SK Of “Full blown war” if SK Doesn’t stop “Reckless” remarks. The influential sister of Kim Jong Un has called the South Korean defense minister a “scum-like guy” for talking about preemptive strikes on the North and warned the South may face “a serious threat.” This could be the biggest powder keg of all.  

 

Where would we get all of the spare parts for Samsung and LG (Life is Good) appliances and Hyundai and Kia cars.  

 

Another resourceful reader sends in this Jan Psaki quote: “We have crushed the Russian economy.” He comments, “Wow, two economies in one year. Pretty epic!” 

 

If Tiger wins the Masters walking upon gimpy legs, he will become Americans grand athletic legend for all time. 

 

I'm finding now that all of the cars I like best are way too expensive. 

 

Marketers tend to create new normals of pricing. Lately they slowly ease you up to higher and higher levels. And when the consumers yell unfair, they ease back a little but still at a significant increase. Ahd the prices stays there. And the discounters just mark their prices up to a point the same distance away. And everybody thinks they are getting a deal 

 

Every Monday lately it seems we wake up looking at the score card of mass shootings and killings. Many will rush to use the latest deaths in their arsenal against the gun people. But I see it as a poison infecting our society. A cavalier attitude towards teh life of another. Maybe this festering national hatred has been defined best by a national slap in the face of a comedian. Maybe that slap was to say, hey look at us! What has gone wrong. I have just never believed in the word hatred. Except when it comes to slimy vegetables. 

 

I see people on beaches slowly walking, searching, picking up Seaglass. They may be just collecting or seeing of a piece of jewelry they can craft, or a work of art, a sculpture... all as a tribute to the irresponsibility of humans who casually toss bottles into the ocean.  

 

The Answer: 

There are more than one correct answer for some of these groupings. I’m s just giving most prominent answer. Gaggle - Geese, Swarm - Bees, Sounder - Warthogs, Murder - Crows, Flock - Camels, Pod - Whales, School - Fish, Parliament – Owls, Warren - Rabbits, Pride - Lions, Cloud - Bats, Brood – Hens-Chickens, Convocation - Eagles. 

 

A group of native American warriors put away their spears and bow and arrows and sharpened their tongues as they came under attack by the dreaded diatribe. 

 

I think I’ll just try to be kind every day of my life. I think that is a good idea. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment