Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Things we can’t see.


Today's Tids Issue 5,278 

I think we need music: 

 

 

I sit here amidst beautiful fall days. 

But I know Floridians will awaken 

In a heart stopping, perplexing daze. 

It's always good to feel other’s woes 

Even as I’m warmed by my sun that glows. 

 

I know, kind of a meager little poem, but you get the point. It’s always good to let your heart feel. 

 

The Kremlin is expected to announce the Annexation of the eastern occupied regions of Ukraine. That means that any attack there would be an attack on Mother Russia. It suggests dangerous overtones, diplomatic challenges. And as always, the nuke option lingers in the background.  

 

We are starting to scenes of Southwest Florida, and it is really bad 

 

A person who can’t stick with a diet is a desserter. 

 

The Question: 

Which states have had the most hurricanes? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Ian Smashes though Florida; Destruction Is Widespread And Serious; Authorities Trying To Get Handel On Number Of Deaths 

--Markets Look As Wobbly As Exiting Ian, But Not As Strong; Futures Fall Following Wednesday Rally; Stocks Continue Downward During The day. 

--New Leak Found In Nord Stream Pipeline. 

--Ya, Ya, Ya’s Judge Ties Maris, 

 

Oh, the woeful Tids Pickers. Another string of upsets has not Only the Tids Geniuses losing all self-esteem but bookies are equally perplexed. A terrible 6-10 brings us to a less than 50% record – 23.5-24.5. Unheard of. So, let's get going. Tonight's game only on Prime, Dolphins-Bengals, could be the game of the week even though the TV folks will steer you to Bucs Chiefs on Sunday Night. The Dolphins are making me a believer. I like the Vikings over the Saints, Bills to come back against the Ravens (Though Allen is hurt a bit and Jackson is playing at an unearthly level). Giants over Denver and Falcons over the Browns. I’ll the Chargers who are good and really need a win over the Texans. The Jets get back there QB and the h Steelers are a bit of a mystery. I pick the Jets. I hate picking the Jets. Titans and Colts could be a war, but will I pick the Titans. Jax has been eye-opening, but suddenly the Eagles are one of the best teams around. Have t to pick Philly. The Lions at Seattle is a poser. But I'll go Seahawks. The easiest pick should be Dallas over the DC denizens with the bad name, and “D’’ takes it. I’ll go Cards over Panthers, and the winless Raiders over the Broncs. I'm going to stick my neck out and say The LA Rams wit take care of their big rival, the Niners. That brings me to my Pats playing up in Green Bay with a backup QB. You know where my heart wants to go. I just don’t have faith in my “D”, so I’m going Pack.  

 

This year any time I say “the easiest game, there is an upset! 

 

Wall Street is having depression. A lot of the rest of America seems to be as business as usual. Except as you listen to anecdotal media mavens. 

 

I bought $2.99 gas today. It must be part of the Dem election campaign. 

 

Two old friends, Ned and John, lived for baseball. Then one day, John died, leaving Ned inconsolable. A few weeks later, Ned heard someone calling his name. He looked up. Standing on a cloud was his old pal. “Ned,” John called down, “I have good news and bad. The good news is, there’s baseball in heaven!” “Great,” said Ned. “What’s the bad news?” “You’re pitching Sunday.”  

 

I was out in the western more rural RI today and the Repub Gov candidate has by far the most front lawn signs. In RI you don’t generally see Repub candidate's names on lawn signs.  

 

The Answer: 

Well, Florida, surprise, is number one, Next is Texas followed by North Carolina, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, New York and Massachusetts. Different lists flip flop some of the states, but that doesn’t make sense. All were a doing here is counting. I mean counting. So, to give you a broader look at possible interchangeables. the next five are Virginia, Connecticut, Rhode Island New Jersey and Maine. I don’t know why Maryland isn’t in there. Oh, well. 

 

Though I would like to feel like a stock market martyr today. It is just damn hard ot get your mind off od the plight of Floridians. 

 

There’s a piano player who just makes me feel relaxed and pleasantly appreciative of the beauty of life. She plays the kind of music that just lulls tense nerves. And listening to her music is probably one of the best way to enter a day slowly.  Her name is Renee Michelle. 

Now it’s time to let the daily crap melt away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment