Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Green hills. 

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,304 

JFK Day: 

 

 

As the economy slows down, it is becoming obvious to me that those who feel the most entitled are the most bewildered as faucets are turned off and they learn there are actually limitations in life. And I’m not talking about those who really need help. 

 

Be thankful for what you got. 

 

When it comes to baking Thanksgiving dinner rolls, I take the path of yeast resistance. 

 

Where were you when JFK was shot 59 years ago today? I was having a hot dog at Joe and Nemo’s, on the corner oWashington Street next to Jordan's and across from Filene's store with the wonderful basement in the heart of Boston. Suddenly everything seemed intense, But I didn't know what had happened until my pal and I got back to my Office on High Street and the radio was on, and people were stolid and or crying.  

 

Sorry Bob Iger, I know your name was misspelled yesterday as Eiger. But, you may need a counter named geiger to discover the radiating sickness beneath the surface at that onetime fairyland castle in the sky.  

 

Yesterday was the day the plants died. It was sad.  

 

The Question: 

What was the name of the place where Lee Harvey Oswald sat and shot JFK? Bonus: What isCheetle”? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Open Higher; Looking for Clues from FedSpeak Later Today; Several Key Economic Reports Due Tomorrow; Friday will Give Measure of Consumer Retail Enthusiasm.  

--There is Hope That Congress Will Step in If Rail Negotiations Go South; Rail Shutdown Could Be Economy Killer. 

--Army Vet Who Disarmed Shooter at Club Q Is Richard Fierro. 

--Earthquake In Indonesia Death Toll Rises Over 270. 

--Except for Assorted Cars and Pickups Horribly Plowing into Stores Full of Customers, News Seems to Be Shutting Down for Holiday. 

 

One of the tougher things in life is not being able to comfort another person's pain.  

 

There are those times I am feeling low,  

I play an Irish tune and feel that glow. 

Of rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes;  

And my heart will sing along, I know. 

 

Regardless if I liked some of the songs, there were some great performance on The Voice last night. I thought Omar came back big after a so-so effort the previous show. And Justin Aaron brought down the house. Bodie is a pro, and he just does it well. Country singer Morgan Miles rose up and got the place roaring. I love Parijita and she didn't disappoint. Rea; country boy Bryce Leatherwood did enough to keep on going and give me at least one more night of good country. For me, the talented Devix missed it last night. Kim Cruise did a rhythm and blues version of Willie Nelson’s "You are always on my mind”. It was decent. Another less that great performance was that of Kique who was nowhere near as good as the previous week. Brayden Lape, only sixteen, but incredibly cool didn’t bring down the house but captured many a heart. My three to go would be Eric Who, the delightful Rowan Grace and Alysssa Wiltrado. It seems to me that right now the favorites to take it all are Parijito, Bodie and perhaps Jason. Maybe Omar. Yes, maybe Omar. 

 

This Thursday we’ll pour the wine into Gobble-ets! 

 

An Airbus jumbo liner is lumbering across the Atlantic at 30,000 feet at a speed of 800 mph when it is overtaken by a Tempo Mach 2 Fighter Jet. The jet pilot says to the airbus pilot, “You don’t look very exciting up here, watch this”. He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, and then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He joins the Airbus and says, “How was that”” The Airbus pilot responds saying, Watch this. After fifteen minutes of the Airbus continuing on at its regular pace and steady course, the AB pilot says, what did you think of that?” The jet pilot says, “I didn't see anything.” The Airbus pilot laughs and says: "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, talked to a pretty woman, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry." 

 

The moral of that story is: When you’re young, speed and adrenaline seems to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important.  

 

When Tech Turkeys get together, all you hear is a clamoring google, google google.  

 

It's funny. In the olden days the sound of Christmas music in the air makes your heart swell at groups asinging,  But now all I hear are cash registers cachinging. 

 

An axiom for all young writers:Don’t use as big word when a singularly Unloquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity.” --From my typo correction expert. 

 

The Answer: 

It was right on the tip of my tongue, maybe yours. It was the Texas School Book Depository building in Dallas. Bonus: Cheetle is that wonderful, delectable Cheeto dust that not only are great chefs finding tangy, but also some artists using for their cheesy paintings. May I lick your painting.  

 

Just remember that while the Internet is great for purchasing products, and receiving stuff in sturdy boxes, it’s not so h9ot for a tree. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment