Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Nothing tops a plain pizza.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,291 

Visibility: 

 

 

I stood on a small hill. 

Just me. Alone. 

Today, in the chilling morn.  

My shadow, 30 feet long. 

In the autumn dawn.  

The dew-covered fields glistened, 

Birds chirped. 

As I listened,  

In the stillness. 

Just standing there.  

An empty mind. 

I was caressed by the day. 

It felt special.  

 

Today is National Stress Awareness Day. I thought the above might help. 

 

I guess when NK’s Kim feels stress, he fires missiles. Yesterday he set new record for one day’s firing of missiles. Aren’t missiles really expensive? Aren’t his people hungry. 

 

It's time to vote or at least start looking at the ballots so you can vote fast next Tuesday. And don't forget the local offices. A lot of people are so hypnotized by the national debate; they forget that the local officials are really the most critical influences on the direction of our daily living comforts and safety.  

 

There are five true toss-up states that could go either way: Wisconsin, Nevada, Georgia, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Two other really close states, NH and CO, lean Dem. On the other side in really close races, Fl, Oh, and NC lean Repub. The lean states are now assumed to be going as they now lean. So, control of the Senate boils down to who wins 3 of the five tossup states.  

 

The Question: 

Who are considered the best Rockabilly Bands/Performers of all time? Rockabilly was an early form of Rock and Roll coming out of the late 50’s combining Country with swing, blues and pop. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks Drifting in Negative Territory Waiting For ¾ Point Rate Hike. 

--Fed Raises Interest Rates Again. 

--Russia To Rejoin Ukraine Wheat Plan. 

--NK’s Kim Shoots Off Record 23 Missiles; One Lands in SK Waters for First Time, 

--Israel Election Results Indicate Netanyahu on the Way Back into Power. 

--Walgreens And CVS Announce Payments of $5 Billion Each to Settle Opioid Cases.  

--"Takeoff” Said to Have Been Hit by Stray Bullet. 

 

The College Football Bowl Playoff Ratings came out last night and was a bit of a shocker. Georgia which has been atop of the College rankings almost all ear was dropped to #3 in this scheme. Tennessee was given #1. This coming weekend, those two will play each other. Do you think that perhaps Georgia will be a little angry? 

 

Gonorrhea would have been a great name for diarrhea medicine. Shoot me! 

 

Until somebody explained it to me, I thought it was just plain silly ot have USC and UCLA join the Midwest Big Ten conference. I was reminded that it was also silly when Rutgers and Maryland joined the Big Ten. But now the Big Ten has NYC/Philly/DC big Atlantic markets, and the big LA big western markets. How better to bludgeon the networks into paying billions for the right to these games.  

 

A lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.  

 

What exactly is Musk doing to Twitter, Frankly, I don't know anything about Twitter, but it seems like he is cutting out sources of revenue, when you consider advertises are holding off to see what happens.  

 

I let my mind wander and it generally comes back to find, like now, that there is nothing here, that tids has a long way to go. A boomerang mind is a nice thing to have, but somedays it is disappointingMaybe I’ll take another trip.  

 

I made a vow not to pick on Joe Biden for his speaking gaffs, Personally, I don’t in general like to belittle people. I just think we should pick on him for making bad decisions. But I have to say, I do chuckle a lot privately. 

 

I laugh a lot to myself during the day. I find it refreshing.  

 

We criticize dictators like Hitler and Kim about how they manipulated masses of people; having them stand in giant mases of humans rigidly or marching in perfect lockstep, all wearing the same official duds. What a disgrace forcing good people to lose their prized individuality. Then I look at college football games and the stadium full of people wearing the same things, shouting in unison the same urgent messages to warriors, assigned to sit as part of an array of programmed color designs. I guess if you promise people something they can be manipulated pretty easily. 

 

The Answer: 

Number on is Eddie Cochran (Summertime Blues), and then Carl Perkins, Stray Cats, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Elvis Presley, Bill Haley and the Comets, Chuck Berry and at #10, Johnny Burnette. Going on we have Biran Setzer, Wanda Jackson, Richie Valens, The Reverend Horton Heat, The Blasters, Jonnny Horton, Ricky Nelson, The Camps, Hillbilly Hellcats and @ #20 – Ronnie Hawkins. The great Bo Diddly was 23 and Marty Robbins was 33.  

 

If you think I was late today, wait until tomorrow.  

 

  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment