Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Just say thanks. 


Today's Tids Issue 5,305 

Thanks for the love that binds: 

 

 

There are things we never got. 

And things we had and lost. 

But what always matters most. 

Are the precious things we have.  

 

One of the things I like best about Thanksgiving Day Eve is peeling potatoes. And not because it reminds me of the armyDefinitely not that. 

 

I’m thankful that Politicians are taking time off and that I don't have to eat as many Tums. 

 

The Question: 

Name five weddings in the White House. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Three Major Markets Uo Nicely Around Noon; Jobless Claims Rise; Durable Goods Orders Rise; Manufacturing and Service Sector PMI's Fall To New Lows; Consumer Sentiment Drips From 59% to 56%; Housing Sales Surprised with Solid Increase. 

--Supreme Court Says Trump Must Turn Over His Tax Records To Congress. 

--Shooter in Chesapeake Virginia Walmart Kills 7 Including Self; Several Others Rushed To Hospital.  

--Russian Missile Strikes In Western Ukraine and in Moldova Cause Massive Power Outages. 

 

Raising the Interest Rate is probably good for slowing inflation but not necessarily for sustaining a new style economy. 

 

Over the years I, and I'm sure you all have recognized talent in up-and-coming public personalities. Then suddenly the star promotion machines take over and transform them all into walk on water icons. And they just don’t seem the same.  

 

The daily terror of living in a war-torn nation continues in Ukraine. We see rejoicing over courageous accomplishments, but the fear of living under a potential sudden threat is q well beyond anything we consider dire in these USA states. 

 

Time to get to TidsPickers a day early. We hit 9-5, last week, and I know I should have picked the Lions over the Giants. So, we are at 104.5-59.5 (64%)Tomorrow for TDay we have three pretty good games. Really. Buffalo has had some squeakers lately and Detroit is gelling a bit. I have to stay with the Bills. But then, I shoulda picked the Lions last week. The Giants a Cowboys could be an old-fashioned NFC East War. Dallas looked invincible last weekend The Giants are showing some holes. I go Dallas. Lastly on Thursday we have my no-offense Pats against an embarrassed Vikings team hwo are at home. I like my D, but I go Vikes. I like the Panthers over the Broncs, Bucs (If Bradey isn't overly concerned about FTX losses) over the Browns and the Ravens over the Jags. The Dolphins will roll against the Texans. The Titans and Bengals is a real interesting game. It is a tough choice, but I’ll stay in Nashville with the Titans. I have to go Jets over the Bears. Or maybe not. The Jets just announced benching of QB. Maybe I'll change that to da Bears. 

 

Moving on... Another tough pick is the Commanders and the Falcons. I say the Commanders will continue. The Chargers-Cards us a tossup. The Chargers look great at times except when they need to win. I'll go Arizona. The Rams are certainly the big mystery disappointing team this year, I love Mahomes, and he will take LAR down again. The Niners are proving to be an upper-class competitor, so I see them beating the Saints. The Eagles have lost some luster, but the Pack hasn’t had any despite their bright shiny QB. I’ll stay with Philly. Two teams that show little are the Steelers and the Colts. I'm going Pittsburgh over Indy, but who knows. Lastly, we have another mystery game -- the disappointing Raiders against the surprising Seattle. I just love the Seahawks enthusiasm, so I'll pick em’. 

 

Last weekend you had a Biden wedding in the White House. And like many celeb weddings in this era, it appears they found a way to make money out of it with a Vogue phot9o spread in an upcoming issue. The Bidens have it all over the Kardashian’s. 

 

The Answer: 

Well, last weekend you had the Biden grandchildren. Some others are Lucy Paine Washington Sister of Dolly Madison, Maria Hester Monroe daughter of the President, John Adams II son of John Q Adams, Mary Ann Eastin grandniece of Rachel Jackson, the daughter of a friend of Andy Jackson, and presidential children Alice Tyler, Nellie Grant, Alice Lee Roosevelt (Teddy). Jessie Woodrow Wilson and Eleanor Randolph Wilson, Lynda Bird H Johnson and Tricia Nixon. One president, Grover Cleveland married Francis Folsom. Alice Wilson was a niece of Woodrow; Anthony Rodham was bro of you know who. Also married it the White House were FDR advisor Harry Hopkins and WH Photog Pete Sousza 

 

Not much going on in the Tids today, but I'm thankful that occasionally you all might enjoy a bit if this mess and have a smile or two. I love smiling human beings.  

 

Happy Thanksgiving, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment