Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Compromise.

 

 

Today's Tids Issue 5,262 

Just Talk: 

 

 

This entire debt thing is a little nutty to begin with. But the politicians have trapped us into this negative concept of how to run a country where we always need a higher level or else simply because they have no clue about how to run a budget. Or for many, economics in general. So now they will be fighting tooth and nail to mainly preserve their stated positions when all they should be doing right now is to be giving a little so we can at least get back to zero.  It is all very disheartening, and I don’t like any of them.  

 

I will never buy ice cream that touts on its logo in big letters how few calories are in it. 

 

To write with a broken pencil is pointless. 

 

Nvidia looks like a company well positioned to be a major factor going forward, but typical of today's stock market gamesters, it is probably now already overpriced. 

 

The Question: 

“The Magnificent Seven” is the name coined by BoA’s Michael Hartnett for the stocks that drive Nasdaq. What Are they? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Mixed Heading to Noon; All Eyes on Congress and Debt Limit Deal. 

--Shooting at Hollywood Beach Fla Sends 9 to Hospital. 

--Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Begins Prison Sentence. 

 

 

A lot of readers wondered why Jay Leno and Bob Hope were left off the top clean joke comedians. Everything about Top Ten Best of Lists is really generational. Jack Benny is still one of my all-time favorite comedians, as was Gracie Allen. i 

 

One of my pet peeves revolves around those days when George Burns became a media darling in his aging years praised as being the wit of the era. But never did I hear any of these late blooming critics say that while George is good, it was Gracie Allen who was reason why people watched Geroge Burns in the first place.  

 

I’ve resisted getting dirty with my Tids this morning even as I am a bit past my normal shower schedule 

 

What I like in the morn in the summer is going out and seeing how my flowers have grown. I just stand there and look for new shoots and buds. Crazy, huh?  

 

I am a kind of Gym-Rat kind of a guy, pretty much addicted to sports. But hope is low as far as the big four pro sports are concerned, I know you all if you like sports root for your own favorite pro or college teams. It’s all about hope, isn’t it? Here we had hopes dashed last night when the vaunted Celtics followed the previously vaunted Boston Bruins into the dumpster. Now it all tries my optimistic heart as the future is dependent on the achievements of the so-so Boston Red Sox and the formerly mighty patriots, a team getting no respect. Alas. But I think the Pats will be exciting. I do. Really.  

 

Never give up on your teams.  

 

Suicide is a terrible thing. I was thinking of thatI was thinking of all the people close to the victim. After the shock, the grief, and considering all the ramifications; how they affect so many left behind in so many ways. And the pain the deceased may have suffered. There is so much going on when a person takes his or her own life. 

 

I complain about a lot of little junky stuff, and I should just be really happy with what I got. It is an awful lot.  

 

But... I still think vegetables are overrated.  

 

I guess the final episode ever of “Succession” ended the way it should have ended, if you really think about what has been going on for four years. But I can imagine a lot of people were left flat when the curtain came down. I can’t talk about it because a lot of you may be still wading tough it.  

 

The Answer: 

You probably know that the Magnificent Severn are Alphabet, Apple Meta, Microsoft, Amazon, Tesla and Nvidia.  

 

We just gotta hope the two sides in congress are talking to each other. 

 

This is probably longer than you want, but it does bring back the simpler entertain ment of your. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment