Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Kissing your sister.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,769

Somebody must know something:

 

Well, here we are…nowhere. I think the left is scratching their intolerant heads wondering why it wasn’t a Biden runaway landslide. So, we wait. But I’m not sitting on the edge of my seat. I have a life to live too.

 

With all due regards to the importance of who will be the next leader of the free world, I have to suspect that all of Clemson and Notre Dame fandom are really more interested in their big game Saturday. This looks like one of the best intersectional matchups in years.

 

The Bookie companies are saying this election was easily the biggest betting event of the year -about $2 Billion. Money spent a on basically nothing. And you wonder why people continue to elect politicians who blow away our tax money.

 

If obesity runs in your family it probably means that nobody in your family runs.

 

The Question:

Of course, the question of the day is, who will win the election. I like southern cooking, and many of the restaurants there have become quite popular, as has the entire concept of Southern Cooking. Name the Top Ten Southern Restaurant Chains.

 

The Headlines:

--Election Results Still In Limbo; Trump Hints At Calling For Supreme Court To Stop Voting. Pa, MI, WI, NV, GA, NC And AK Too Close To Call; Trump Hopes Buoyed By Good Wins In Ohio, Texas, Florida.

--Stock Markets Up Strong At 11:00 Am; Techs Rally.

--China’s Xi Says Country’s New Focus On Self-Reliant Technology And Domestic Markets Will Not Hurt World Trade; Says China Will Become, “The World’s Market”.

--Cal Voters Ok Exempting Lyft, Uber From Sate Labor Laws.

--Eta Ebbs, Enters Gulf After Nicaragua.

 

This is my step ladder. I never knew my real ladder.

 

One of the main reasons for so many typos is that my mind is often way ahead of my fingers.

 

Are all of these anti-Police protests funded by the Social Worker industry unions?

 

Did I ever tell you that when I was in the Army, I took a typing test and came up with 82 words per minute? I thought that was pretty good. When they corrected for errors, it was 7.

 

The radicals tore down a huge statue in Rhode Island last night, the state’s venerable name. The name established for entirely for unity.  The loose cannon woke folks managed to convince the public that changing our State name ‘Rhode Island and Providence Plantations” would magically transform the hearts of people. All they did was deepen a rift. In 1643/1644 the was established by the English Parliament to unify the people in four major communities of the RI colony – Providence, Pocasset/Portsmouth, Shawomet/Warwick and Newport. A respected name for 376 years, now pushed over by the intolerant left. Another simplistic attack on the country’s foundation. Frankly, when I went to the polls this year, voting to reject that change was a major objective for my being there.

 

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems. But it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

 

We had a nice little upset here in all Dem Rhode Island, a Republican woman named Barbara Fenton-Fung, wife of a successful mayor who ran for Governor w twice, just beat eth all powerful Speaker of the RI House. This is huge. The speaker in this state literally controls everything.  

 

I’m big on grass roots, and this is nice to see that all newcomers are not from the left.

 

 

The Answer:

I don’t know who will win. But I do know the top Southern restaurant chains: Waffle House is #1 d followed by Whataburger, Bojangles’ Famous Chicken and Biscuits, Zaxby’s, Cracker Barrel, Cook Out, Hardee’s, Jason’s Deli, Raisin’ Cane’s Chicken Fingers and at #10, McAlister’s Deli. For some reason I don’t associate southern cooking with Delis. The next five ae Krystal, Lone Star Steakhouse a & Saloon, Sonny’s BBQ, Shoney’s and Huddle House. I think I would also be interested in #20 – Gus’s World-Famous Fried Chicken.

 

Sittin’ and waitin’.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment