Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Arrested for stealing hearts.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,839

Valentine's Day Jokes, Cute or Corny:

 

Maybe a lot of people don’t think much of Valentine’s Day, but I say even if this is just big promotion for restaurants, candy and flower and greeting card companies, I still like it. Romance is good. I would never overpay for V-Day, but I would certainly always have my heart full of love. It’s good for the soul.

 

As Louisiana Repub Senator John Kennedy always said, “Follow your heart, but take your brains with you.”

 

Too many people confuse liberal with democrats and conservative with republicans, when both parties have lots of conservative and liberal thinkers within their individual mix. This is one of the more debilitating dilemmas leading to a fractured society among many revolving around frivolous labeling of people.

 

What do you call two birds in love? Tweethearts!

 

The Question:

Something to do over a weekend with February 14 in it. What are the Top Ten Romantic Comedies on Netflix?

 

The Headlines:

--New Jobless Claims At 793K; Markets Open A Bit Higher.

--Dems Paint Picture Of Terrible Aggression In Capitol; Repubs Remain Unswayed By Lack Of Evidence Pointing To Trumps Guilt.

--Analysts Closely Watching Disney Earnings Reports For Today. Estimates Are Around 25% Decline In Revenue.

--“Squad” Backroom Strategists PAC About To Launch Attacks On Dm Moderate Senators; Manchon And Sinema Main Targets As Progressives Push Moves Forward.

--Rumblings Of Deep Correction Being Heard In A Wall Street.

--At Least Three Dead In 100 Car Pileup Near Fort Worth.

 

Every politician has told his or her constituents to “fight like hell” for their beliefs.

So, when the rider reined in a horse who loved to gallop, the horse thought, “Whoa is me”.

 

In case you missed it, the Equipment trucks have left for Baseball’s sunny land training camps. We can expect to hear of some cool trades and some that will set your hair afire. But my heart is now all Red Sox and wondering how they recoup from a dreadful last year when nary a pitcher could be found. I am also a little depressed now where I’m seeing once dream outfield of Betts, Bradly and Benintendi being decimated. It was an outfield of which baseball lore is created. But that’s today isn’t it. You gotta love the unforms because your favorites players will be moving on. The curse of Curt Flood. Where have all my heroes gone.

 

By the way, nobody is mentioning the Red Sox as a threat to the Ya, Ya, Ya (Well you know who I mean)… and the Rays and Blue Jays. But I’m always hopeful as most maniacal true Sox fans have been for over a century. I know you don’t care about what’s in my heart, but editors get to talk about what they like every once in a while.

 

I think it will be interesting to watch the scramble to find out who will build Apple’s AI Division’s Electric Car. This could be the race that, as pope Frances would say, has an Copernican effect on the auto industry, despite GM and Ford’s rapid move toward EV, and  of course Tesla who is entrenched. Yet Apple AI looms as perhaps one of the biggest competitors of all. Chrysler Fiat has been mentioned as a production partner as have Hyundai/Kia and China’s Zhejiang Geely. Taiwan’s Hon Hai Precision Industry is in the race as is giant Canadian auto parts supplier Magna, which has relationships with BMW, Jaguar and Land Rover. So, you can imagine the road rage the on the on that highway to see who gets to bite the Apple. Expect the first working platform design in Five years.

 

I once fell in love with someone who only knew 4 vowels. She didn’t know “I” existed.

 

I was only going to write short Tidlets today, but I co got carried away again. The real problem is that it takes me too long to edit the monster Tidlets because typing prowess isn’t what it used to be. My fingers can’t keep up with my mind.

 

Senator John Kennedy (La), “You can get a goat to climb a tree but you’d be better off hiring a squirrel.”

 

The Answer:

#1 is “All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”. Next is “Always be My Maybe” followed by “Se it U up”, “When we first Met”, “Eat Pray Love”, “N Monster -in-Law”, “Something’s Gotta Give”, “Hitch”, “The Kissing Booth”, and #10, “The Ugly Truth”. I have been told that “Hitch” is great.

 

As one oar said to the other oar, “This is so rowmantic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment