Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, February 1, 2021

On overcoming dissonance.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,830

Hearts Rising:

 

Love is in the air! Of course it is, it’s February. Red hearts are dotting the landscape. Smiles are broader and hopes are higher. And every gal and guy are on their best behavior just as kids are before Christmas. Ah yes, romantic February, though short it is gigantic. It is a month of Presidents and car sales, and maybe a hope for a taste of Spring. Yes, February is long on greatness and happy satisfaction, with George and Abe and Punxsutawney Phil…and lots and lots of love. How can that be bad? Happy February, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!

 

If the Tids editor sees his shadow tomorrow, there will be 6 more weeks of aggravating, hair-pulling typos.

 

How can a population of individuals ever be able to unite in an incongruous political environment?

 

Due to Covid, hotels are having reservations about future revenue.

 

The smart Climate change scientists recognize that instant alternative energy is impossible for many reasons, one of which being the enormous cost of change, the loss of real jobs and the huge global investment in fossil-based energy. The wise but still dedicated alternative energy advocates and scientists are happy with Nuclear and gas waiting for a cost effective solar or wind that can ease in as the older methods pay off investments. A lot of money will be made on new forms of energy, (Most advocates are not martyrs ot a cause) just as there has always been with all energy development over the years. Growing vegetables and eating by candlelight without indoor plumbing, says one noted climate change scientist, is just not the answer.

 

A majority of dogs are up to date with current events since most have been paper trained.

 

The Questions:
At what temperature are Celsius and Fahrenheit the same? Bonus: I think one of my favorites all-time movie actors is Gene Hackman. Name five of his greatest movies.

       

The Headlines:

--All Markets Up Nicely After Last Week’s Sell-Off And GameStop Confusion; Amazon And Alphabet Enrings Reports On Tap for Groundhog’s Day.

--World Leaders Concerned Over Military Coup In Myanmar.

--Monster Snow Strom Enveloping Northeast, After Smothering Midwest.

--Congress Trying For Last Minute Bipartisanship Solution To Covid Relief.

--Repubs Offer Alternative.

--Silver Process Soar To 8 Year High

--Trump Finds New Legal Team Days Before Senate Trial; Sone Members Of Previous Team A Had Problem With His Suggestion Of Including Voter Fraud As Part Of Defense.

 

I was a watching a Australian cooking show, and the audience clapped when the chef made meringue. I was surprised as Australians normally boo meringue. (Thanks to one of my favorite, punniest readers, sending temptations for punning past the standards of decency in good humor.

 

When I was young kid I spent a lot of time on the docks watching fishing boats unload their big catches. One old fisherman told me, when the cod stop running you go for haddock, and when the haddock are off, you go for pollack. I’m still trying to apply that in life. I guess it means, don’t worry you’ll find something. I do know I have found I like haddock best.

 

I worked in the 1999 DotCom Business and know it was stark raving mad overbuying of companies without substantive foundations to become seriously way over valued, where they then proceeded to drop like an anvil. Especially when early ins got out the peak to take their profits. GameStop feels a lot like that.

 

I see where the baseball commissioner Manfred has hired the great Ken Griffey Jr. as a special advisor tasked with improving diversity. That’s nice. What do you think are the chances of the NBA hiring a diversity improvement manager?

 

A lot of people seem to want to forget that when police are called to an incident or crime scenes, the officers often expect to have to deal with people who have exhibited violence in the past, or are in a violent mode at the time. And then somebody shoots a video with a camera and National news displays an out of context scene implying that the Police officer is at fault. So, in almost every case I always gravitate without question to supporting the police.

       

I don’t believe Privet Eddie Slovak should have been executed for desertion.

 

A smart and reasonable climate scientist might tell Joe B, “Joe, it isn’t nice to close down Keystone and throw people out of work when there are so many not working due to Covid.” That’s especially true Mr. President when you state as your main objective after vaccinations progress is getting people back to work.  Let’s change political promises to practical promulgation.

 

This year I’m going to concentrate on developing a classic, beautiful golf swing, I’m going for looking good on video. Last year I went for distance.

 

Sometimes I just like to put on Phillip Glass and get mesmerized.

 

The Answer:

Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same at -40 degrees. Bonus: Gene Hackman movies could be a great Covid Netflix Binge Treat! One of my personal favorites is “Enemy of the State.” Alas it was only #23. I guess I like Number 23. His #1 movie is The French Connection. It was groundbreaking movie, but, alas, it gave us car chases forever. #2 was Clint’s Unforgiven. It was followed by Bonnie and Clyde, The Conversation (I liked), Mississippi Burning (Good one), I never Sang For My Father, Night Movies (Interesting), Hoosiers (A sports classic), Young Frankenstein (Or, is it stein?), and at number 10 – The Royal Tanenbaum’s (Which I started to watch 37 times and never got past the first 23 minutes. Maybe I’ll try again now that I am finally mature). #12 was Get Shorty, which I loved, being an Elmore Leonard fan. Others of his that I liked personally are No Way Out, Crimson Tide and The Firm.

 

Well, tomorrow is Lamont Cranston Day – the shadow knows!

 

It has been nice to start another week with you all. It’s snowing pleasantly, softly and dreamingly, but the weather mavens are telling us to beware. There are a lot of people who are telling us what to do these days.

 

Did you hear about the weatherman who Broke both arms and legs? He was having trouble with four casts.

 

 

       

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment