Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, February 8, 2021

Stop with the preaching, already.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,835

Not in my face:

 

There’s nothing special about February eight.

But it seemed to me a good line to begin

A lilting verse about nothing at all.

Yes, this is a poem that’s not too great

But rhyming words seem to have an effect

Of brightness and a smiling heart.

Which I would say most will agree

That on any day is a very good start!

 

So, if the opening poem is about nothing at all, does that mean The Tidlets will be similarly inclined?

 

These days. the scariest three little words are “Politics as usual”.

 

Do you know what always amazes me? The number of people who before each snowstorm run out to buy snow shovels.

 

I didn’t see any SB commercials that interested me, made me laugh or tugged at my heart (The Toyota Commercial about the swimmer probably owed have tugged a bit if I had seen It). I sat dumbfounded most of the night wondering who thought it was a good idea to spend so much money producing these. The official worst commercials were Cardboard Flat Matthew McConaughey, Bud Lite Makes Lemons, Chipotle Burrito, Will Ferrell Mad at Norway, and Pringles and astronauts. I totally agree,

 

The Question:

It’s that time of year when we are in the countdown to V-Day. Don’t let political animosity take love away! Name the top Ten Greatest Love/Romance Stories of all Time (Romantic novels over the many years)

 

The Headlines:

--Stocks Rise To Record Highs, But tail Off Slight Towards Mid Afternoon.

--Tampa Bay Beats KC For Lombardi Trophy; Tom Brady Makes Believers Out Of Many Football Atheists.

--ACLU To Introduce Aggressive Racial Injustice Agenda That Will Include Reparations.

--Bide Suspends Trump Asylum Deals With El Salvador, Guatemala and N Honduras.

--Prez Biden Wil Not Lift Iran Sanctions Until Talks Lead To Compliance With 2015 Agreement Terms

--Dems Add $3K Per Child Payments To Stimulus Bill; Romney Proposes “Family Security Act”, That Would Provide $350/Month/Child Under 6 And $250/Month/Child 6-17.

--Court Bars ConocoPhillips Oil Project In Alaska.

 

Is there anything more beautiful than diamond studded trees on an icy wintry day?

 

Joe may want to talk about unity, but there isn’t an ounce of togetherness in Nancy’s heart.

 

The Super Bowl has become just one more social experiment. It was better when it was a football game.

 

Doordash just bought a food preparation robot company. I remember when the core of the Stock market centered around US Steel Corporation. A food preparation Robot? Is any occupation safe? I bet it can’t slice fruits and vegetables that well.

 

I remember in the not so distant past when I would save a box or to just in the event when I may be need one for shipping or packaging something. Now I get them all the time from Amazon. Nice ones. I don’t need to save anymore, but it feels criminal tossing something so substantial appearing even though they are going into recycling. I guess that makes me a hoarder.

 

After watching some of the commercials last night at the SB, I’m convinced some people think they have to go stupid to produce them. A lot of them must think they have to do more because they cost so much, so the messages get lost in cleverness for cleverness sake. Talk about convolutions!

 

I tuned out all of these pre–Super Bowl repetitive analysis shows years ago, and I now easily tune out all of this repetitious, often insulting, generally illogical social injustice rhetoric drumbeat. Most of them try to stamp a big “G” hoping that will convince people to feel guilt over something they had nothing to do with. It’s a con game.

 

Looking like a America, another overused cliché these days, Would be 1/2 men (3.9% LGBT) and half woman (4.5% LGBT). 60% would be white, 17% would be Hispanic 12.1 % would be black, 5.2% would be a Asian. About3.5 % would be mixed race, native American, Pacific native American. So, that’s a little guide to building Prudential cabinet.

 

The Answer:

#1 romantic novel is Pride and Prejudice. It is followed by Jane Eyre, then Wuthering Heights, Romeo and Juliette, Gone with the Wind, Outlander, Persuasion, Twilight, The Notebook and #10 Anna Karenina. The next five are Redeeming Love, Truly Madly deeply, The Time Travelers Wife, Tale of Two Cities and The Phantom of the Opera.

 

I think the opening poem was wrong. I thought it was pretty great day so far.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment