Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Bang, crash, thud, smash... aaaaah.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,336 

Why pigs are important: 

 

 

I have to be honest. My heart is beating a bit disproportionately to my usual steady beat as I anticipate eth opening of NFL season tonight. Yes, pure and simple, I am a football nut. Always have been since the day eons ago when I as a wee lad discovered my uncle's HS shoulder pads and helmet in a closet at home.  

 

Let’s hope that gambling doesn’t ruin the purity of the sport. The incessant commercials keep telling me I’ll have more fun if I have a little h juice in the game. Having my heart live and die with the exploits of my heroes is all the juice I need.  

 

There is nothing like a really great seafood pie. 

 

Are you ready for another tedious national debate over mandated mask wearing? Spare us. 

 

I told my doctor that I broke my arm in two places… She told me to stop going to those places. 

 

The Question: 

A new list of the Top Ten All Time Best NFL QB’s has popped up. Name them. Be prepared to be disappointed because that’s what lists do. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Investors Looking Ahead at Fed’s Next Move and Stocks Are Falling; Gloomy New Data from Europe Has Markets Worried About Global Slowdown. 

--China Bans Government Officials from Using iPhones; Apple Stock Falls. 

--All Eyes are on Hurricane Lee; Weather Mavens Unsure of Path. 

--Health Issue Has Springsteen Cancelling Shows. 

 

Are you ready? It’s Tids Pickin’ Time. There are a lot of good appearing games on tap. But then we don’t really know that much do we. We know of reporter's opinions which often aren't as good as yours or mine. But I do like the slate for opening week. Tonight's on paper looks really good – the 2022 hot finishing team, the Lions, against the Champs, the Chiefs. This could easily be an upset, but I'll stick with the Magician even without Kelso. 

 

The Niner’s/Steelers shapes up as another poser, but I like Pitt. The Bengals owned by the Browns versus the Browns is one of the great NFL rivalries. My heart is with Cleveland, but my brain says Burrow and gang won’t falter opening this year. I have to pick the Vikes over the Bucs, and the Ravens easily over the Texans. Another rivalry is Atlanta and Charlotte and I go Falcons. Snyderless Washington (I hate the new nickname Commanders.) will take the Cardinals. I like the Jags over the Colts, as Trevor Lawrence rises to his lofty promise. The Titans and Saints will be a war. I reluctantly pick Tennessee. This is the “It” year for Josh Mcdaniels. Has Sean Peyton had enough time to bring the Broncs back from the dead? This is a tough pick. I go with Denver. 

 

For some reason I like the Seahawks over the Rams. And for sure I like the Dolphins over the Chargers. Next are two big Old NFL rivalry games the Pack and da Bears, and the Jints and the Cowboys. Yikes. I don’t like GB or Chi that much but will go with Chicago. The Giants were good last year, and Dallas is always promising a big year. I'll take the Ginats. And then we have the so-called AFC East Championship game – Bills-Jets.  Every celeb in NYC is giddily aboard the Aaron Rogers express. Have the Bills had their Peak? Josh will be anxious to beat AR. Will he overdo it. I reluctantly pick the Jets. Oh, I almost forgot. My beloveds against last year's SB loser the Eagles. The Green flyers have the best DL and the Pats have among theworst OL. Will Jones escape with his life? I’m going to love this game, regardless. I'm picking my Pats because I am a fool.  

 

One more thing. The Pats stadium will be very much alive, perhaps dangerously manic, regardless of how well the Pats play. The opener this week will be Tom Brady Day, and in case you don't remember, he is revered in these parts. Will the enthusiasm for TB rub off on the team and Mac Jones? And one other question... will the league allow Mac Jones to play with underinflated footballs to honor the GOAT. 

 

All of that said above which may have brought you to your knees, I have to say politics is wearing me down to a nub. So, thank God for 24/7 football. As the great movie once said, “I can’t take it anymore.” 

 

Always take life with a grain of salt. Plus, a slice of lemon. And a shot of tequila. 

 

Hurricane “Lee” is forming into a mighty blow. Why do I have this feeling in my gut that it Is going to sneak up on us like the 1938 surprise. Buy plywood.  

 

An AI future is a scary scenario to consider. Think about the irony that the careers and legacies most in jeopardy are those of all the people who created all the words and thoughts being plagiarized by a chip in a machine.  

 

BTW, if you start seeing AI results with lots of typos, then you'll know that this literary marauder has gotten into my website. 

 

Why do we tell actors to “break a leg?” – Because every play has a cast. 

 

The Answer: 

Number ten is Drew Brees and going up we find John Elway, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Roge Staubach, Peyton Manning, a tie for #4 between Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh and Sid Luckman. Number 3 is Johnny Unitas who is topped only by Joe Montana and Tom Brady. I know everybody will argue the list. A couple of other successful guys were Tery Bradshaw, Steve Young, Ben Rothlisberger and Troy Aikman all S with strong Super Bowl records. 

 

Sorry about the lengthy Pickin’s. Back opt frivolity and political tedium tomorrow.  

 

Now it's time to make the Popcorn.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment