Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, September 15, 2023

I appreciate it.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5.342 

I'm still myself despite technology: 

 

 

Are smart devices making people dumber? 

 

I got a suggestion that a good continuing item for the Tids could be something that happened in each year of my life. Some of this might be informative to some and nostalgic to others. For instance, in thinking about the year I was born I found big events were Amelia Earhart missing on flight, the Hindenburg disaster and on a lighter note, the introduction of the breakthrough animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. And that was also a year of weird weather like the Dust Bowl storms and the massive Mississippi Flooding, Sound familiar.  Hindenburg is vivid in my mind for it was one of the most dramatic pieces of news film ever recorded and was played often for many years after the event. And of course, I saw Snow White many times. I still enjoy it. Really. But underlying all of the individual events, the lives of many were revolving around the struggles from the depression and continuing through hardships brought on by WWII. But the generation was reared upon understanding sacrifice and appreciation for everything attained, including second toys for Christmas, and in wartime the rationing of so many essentials. I wonder how many today feel fortunate ot have what they have. So, that is the legacy of many who grew up in my times. America was not always about getting something for nothing. Can you imagine anybody today putting up with being said no too.* 

 

Wow, that was much too long a Tidlet. So, with that bit of philosophy out of the way, I'll bring you the events from every year from way back then to now, if I can understand now. 

 

The Question: 

In what part of Germnay was the German Chocolate Cake invented? Bonus: What is the main difference between a German Choclate Cake and a Black Forest Cake. 

 

The Headlines: 

--UAW Goes Out on “Stand Up” Strike; Three Major US Auto Makers Will Feel the Pain. 

--Markets Sink Once More on Fed Worries. 

--Nasa and Russia Join Forces in Launch to ISS to Replace Crew here for Long Overdo Trip Hime; Loral O’Hara is US Astronaut with Two Cosmonauts. 

--Hunter Biden Indicted on Lying on Gun Appliscayion; Repubs Don’t Think Much of It. 

--Lee Churning Up Big Waves on NE Coast; Canada Maritimes will Feel Brunt. 

--AOC and Other Dems Drowned Out by Concerned Apple Citizens at Meeting on NYC N Migrant Crisis. 

 

 

There's not much to get excited about on the big broad college football schedule this week. Maybe Washington/Michigan State is a good meaningful game. Maybe people will be watching for an upstart South Flarida to embarrass mighty Alabama for another week in arow. But once again we seem to have yet another weekend of sacrificial lambs, of big guys squashing little guys like ND against Central Michigan and #2 Michigan against Bowling Green, just two among many. The small colleges arrange these slaugherhouse affairs for the big bucks. But I wonder to the Bigs like them so they scour rosters at smaller schools which may have picked up a gem along the way. 

* I agree, that is way too much of an exaggeration of a condemnation of a generation.  

 

American Eagle clothes is suing an owner fo a lareg Downtown San Fran shopping mall for Neglect, especially on the security side of property management. The suit says employees were subject to every type of violence from guns to assault, and of course emotional scarring. Yes, investment in real estate comes with a lot of important responsibilities, especially these days. 

 

This morning I read a headline, “Markets slump after strong China Data,” Hmmm... Wasn’t it last week that we were told the markets will be sinking because of the dismal outlook for China economy. I remember when company analysis was the only thing. Now it seems it's more like glitz TV. 

 

In this world of conspiracy, I have to wonder if the strikes against US auto companies will center on gas powered auto oriented production giving EV manufacturing another boost. You know that Joe B and the Unions are joined at the hip a nd gtehtahehas big plans for electric.  

 

Remember when Rainbows were about wonderful colors in the sky. I always ran out to see one, and still do. 

 

It was nice and cold outside as I did my morning stretching exercises. There isn’t much muscle left but it's good to stretch tehm out every day so I can still walk upright. 

 

I know you are all healthy eaters and may never have experienced one of my pet peeves. But there is a packaging bag used for several tasty snacks that easily tears spilling the goodies. I have to put it in a plastic bag. It tears especially fast when you are a ravenous eater like me. It has a silver lining. Am I the only one who eats snacks and has experienced this? 

 

The Answer: 

Sorry, this was a trick Question. This cake has nothing to do with Germany at all. It was invented in Dallas Texas by a guy named George Clay. He named it after a guy named Samual German who was a chocolate engineer for Walter Baker Chocolate company in Massachusetts and who had developed the chocolate used in this cake created by Clay. Bonus: the main difference is Cherries. 

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!! 

Amdhere’s a;ittl;e ahppeness from the eyar I was born to sendoyu to amerry weekend: 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment