Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Hum a Yankee Doodle tune

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,341 

Everything is nostalgia sometime: 

 

 

If you are somewhere walking down the street wondering why America doesn’t quite feel the same, you may want to start humming a meaningful tune. Like perhaps the Star Spangled Banner. The poem inspired by the bravery of men and women at Fort William McHenry, Written by Francis Scott Key 211 years ago today. 

 

I remember the good old days when we watched computers defrag.  

The Question: 

Where in the US do we find the highest per capita consumption of Wine? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Idling Awaiting Retail Sales Numbers. 

--Coastal New England to Feel the Effects of Lee as it Heads Towards Upper Maine and Canada. 

--WH Wooing Media Chiefs as it Sets up Defense Against Impeachment Claims.  

--Libyans in Disbelief as The Comprehend Extent of Tragedy. 

--Federal Judge Again Declares DACA Unlawful. 

 

Wow, Was the Tids sports department a piece of crap last week. And I thought the slate looked pretty good. 6 and 10 is not the way to start a year where the goal is 75% winners. Tonight, could be a good one. Either the Pats are really good or Philly is bad. I don’t think Philly is bad. They will win. The Falcons looked pretty good last week end I believe they will be competitive this year. They will eke out a win against the Pack who looked better last week than I think they are. The Raiders/Bills game is intriguing, I will take Josh to bounce back at home. The Ravens/Bengals is a aplyoff game. I see the Bennies going 0-2. The Lions were sentimental favorite last week, but now they look like a real favorite. I go Lions over Seahawks. Who knows about the Colts and Texans. I will pick the Colts. God, the good games keep on coming. How about Mahomes against Lawrence. Patrick didn’t have receivers last week. Trevor did. I kinda like the Jags. Something was missing last week with the champs. 

 

The next three matchup's, Bears-Bucs, Chargers-Titans and Giants Cards do not light my fire. But they stretch my pickin’ anxiety. I’ll go Bucs, Titans and Giants. Now, the Rams/Niners is a great all-time rivalry with plenty of glitz. Are the Rams Back? Have to go with Brock and Shannahan, The Cowboys rolled over a New York team last week and now face the hyped-up Jets minus the hype factor. I'm not a Cowboys fan But liked the way they played last week. I’ll pick them. My upset pick is the Broncs over eth Skins (Oops, Commanders), There's a double Header Monday with the Steelers against the Browns in a big traditional rivalry game, and the Panthers versus the Saints which is on the Ho-Hum side. I'll go New Orleans and I just can’t walk away from the Browns again. And of course, there is one left on Sunday Night -- the Pats against the high-flying Dolphins. My guys looked pretty good last week. Patriot muskets will clip airborne flipper. 

 

My guess is that the UAW really wanted the strike set for tonight at Midnight, or else they would have offered demands with a possibility for negotiation.  

 

In case you haven’t noticed, the writer's strike has Jeopardy upside down and inside out. The producers literally don’t know what to do about this new season which should have already started. 

 

And you can bet that the Auto strike will be significantly more noticeable to the average American. 

 

With all the media coverage, that escaped Pennsylvania killer was in eh process of becoming a folk hero to some. I thought it was cool the way he was found by air surveillance, seeing the digital images of body warmth on their screens.  

 

Gambling will be a thorn in the sports business side in the not a too distant future. Fan Duel looked really stupid when trying to use the sorrow associated with 911 as a promotional vehicle. There isno soul there. 

 

As I said last week and times before, I am really against this idea of revenge impeachments and the concept of the undoing of voter selections by congressional edict. The current ideas behind impeachment are basically unamerican. That said, it doesn’t mean that I condone the absence of honesty in the current President. But, hey, I lost the vote. Change is just a year away. 

 

The Answer: 

Washington DC has the highest per capita consumption of wine over all the other 50 states. The results of foggy thinking are pervasive. 

 

Gotta run today, folks.  

 

But remember this: You can struggle with Roman numerals until you get to 159, then it just CLIX. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment