Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 28, 2023

The stranger new world.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,350 

What election:

  

 

Did the Repubs make any progress against the man who wasn't there? Probably not. To me the funniest line was from Christie calling the man who eschewed the debate, Donald “Duck”! Haley held her own and is now second in both South Carolina and New Hampshire. DeSantis was better than expected, and Ramaswamy was considered less rude and annoying. Tim Scott, who was considered a good challenger, finally woke up. Pence, Christie (Except for much needed humor) and Burgum added little to the debate. Probably the biggest news is Ramaswamy adding a likeability factor to his resume... and Niiki Haley learning that she is not great at mud wrestling. 

 

Q: What do you do with a sick chemist? A: If you can’t helium, and you can’t curium, then you might as well barium. 

 

It seems as though Ramaswamy got the message that Americans are tired of rude and annoying politicians. Oops! Who is that who is 40 percentage points ahead? 

 

The Question: 

What was the first effective antibiotic and when, where and by whom was it invented? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Stocks look to Open Lower; Too Many Clouds this Week. 

--7 Repubs Debate Taking Potshots and Trump and Biden. 

-- Big Percentage of College Students (42%) Big Part of Rapidly Rising Credit Card Debt now over One Trillion Bucks. 

 

I met all the friends I have without the use of social media, And I can’t think of how an impersonal communication system in the sky could make it any better than it is now. Yes, I have friends. Well, I did before the Tids. 

 

Tough Pickins last week. The Tidspickers I guess did ok at 10-6 considering that so-called sure thing winners Dallas, Baltimore and Jax lost. We are now 26-22 (54%) There are good posers again this weekend, starting tonight with Detroit and Green Bay. Te rest of those piquing my interest are Cleve/Balt, Jax/Atanta, Cinn and Tenn, Dallas and New England, KC and the Jets, Seattle and Giants and the game of the week – Buffalo and Miami. The Lions/Pack is a big rivalry, but Detroit is better. The dream QB game is Watson versus Jackson. These two guys are exciting and I'm taking Watson of Clve over the Ravens. Jax looked vulnerable and Atlanta keeps on surprising. I'll take the Falcons. Tenn has looked inept and Cinn lethargic, but this will be a tussle with Bengals winning. My Pats have a D that keeps them in games. The D in Dallas is tough, real tough. I'm picking my Pats to finally pull one out at the end. The Jets will lose. KC is just putting it together. I like Seattle yo take the Giants. Miami's O is on a tear. But buffalo is coming together after a ragged start. I'll take the Bills. 

 

The rest of the week has two teams, Broncos and Bears who had 114 points scored against them last week against each other. Overcoming Embarrassment will put the Broncs on top. An interesting pick is TB and New Orleans. I'll take the Saints, I like the Eagles over Washington, the better 0- 3 team Minn over Carolina, the Rams over Indy, and Pitt over Houston. Las Vegas looks lost and with no QB should lose to LAC. And finally, my man Brock will keep the Niners rolling over Arizona, in a good game.  

 

There was a fun country singer and yodeler on The Voice Tuesday night who had the place jumping and happy. She was only 16. 

 

On the other hand, I watched the finals of AGT and was not moved often despite the hysteria of the judges. My eyes glazed over during the dog act but low and behold it won First place and the Million. The act that really moved me was singer Putri Ariani. My second-place choice was Murmuration. BTW, I have never seen a funny comedian on this show, and certainly not this session. 

 

If Spell Check was smarter and I didn’t have fat fingers, I could do this faster. 

 

The Answer: 

Scotsman Alexander Fleming gave us Penicillin in 1928. Yay for Alex. 

 

I have to run this morning, but before I go, I want you to know that life is a sexually transmitted disease. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment