Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

I'm not 55 anymore.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,340 

Wanderlust: 

 

 

Well, we’re almost there 

As if I really care 

That weekends are near 

With tourist hordes galore’ , 

Here to eat and explore. 

I’ll just hide somewhere. 

Til it's over once more. 

 

NYC is getting tough on their absentee landlord short term rental situation, a faux BnB situation that may have contributed to the considerable rise in housing costs in cities and towns across the land. I say “Faux” because Air BnB was built around people in their homes renting out extra space. Like here, NY is finding a main cause of loss of affordable housing is investment purchasing of homes by individuals and impersonal corporations. So, NY passed a law saying that Air BnB has to be what it was, owner occupied. And more. People have been justifying paying for way overpriced homes with prospects of rental income. A few win, but society loses.  

 

BTW, NYC Air BnB’s a have dropped from 22,999 to 7,000. 

 

Do you ever get the feeling these days that somewhere on this planet somebody is Buildng a giant ark. 

 

I dressed my dog up as a cat for Halloween. Now he won’t come when I call him. 

 

The Question: 

Who was the first woman ever elected to both houses of Congress? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Energy Costs Have CPI Surging in August Over July and Previous August; Stocks Up as Analysts Analyse Meaning of Data as it Relates to Potential Fed Moves; Airlines Warn as Costs Rise. 

--Libyan Officials Looking for Thousands of People Still Missing After Monster Flooding. 

--NK’s Kim Vows Support for Putin's “Just Fight” in Ukraine. 

--Escaped Pa Killer Denelo Calvacante Finally Captured After Extensive Manhunt 

 

I think I know why the dinosaurs went extinct. Noah couldn't fit two of them on his ark. 

 

Apple people love Apple stuff, and the company thrives on that religious fervor. But I read all that they had to offer in yesterday's new reveal, and I saw nothing that would motivate me to change from my lower cost android phone. BTW, it seems like Samsung finally got their el Foldo phone to work. 

 

There are just some things that are more efficient like saying “Manhunt” for all searches of convicts and escaped felons instead of genderizing them as Womanhunt or Themhunt 

 

I'd like to stand up and applaud all of Taylor Swift's successes, but I’m finding it hard to hum her tunes. 

 

I’m not voting for DeSantis. He disparages 80 Something's 

 

A lot of people who jumped in early on Moderna stock thought it was much more than a "windfall” stock. But lately it looks like it only rises on the need for vaccinations. What happened to that promising pipeline? 

 

Today we have Republicans, Democrats Conservatives, Liberals and in-betweens. That’s the way I see it. But media and Political strategists want to force everybody in America into just two groups. That way it is easier to create anger and hostility.  

 

Was it me, or did tackling on weekend one of tgeh NFL season seem harder and more violent? 

 

I just wrote a book on reverse psychology – don’t buy it! 

 

The Answer: 

Margaret Chase Smith of Maien was elected to the Senate in 1948 after having been elected to and swerving in the house. 

 

There are many days when I sense the calling of green lush hills; feel the inspiration that would have me walking rolling, stonewalled fields down to the sea. And feeling the wonderment of God’s nature in my heart. Here is a peaceful tune, Gaelic Heart, that may have you dreaming if you are so disposed: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment