Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, April 15, 2024

What you cannot see.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,496

Friendships:  

 

Here's to my readers so fine, 

Who after a reading decade or two. 

Have not entirely lost their mind. 

I'll try to keep you all smiling 

With my unique typos styling. 

And maybe information 

You'll find it worth filing. 

I leave with my irrefutable facts 

Ill defend those who love orange snacks!* 

So, as long as I'm able to recall 

Odd facts large and small, 

I'll be writing from Winter to Fall. 

And I will always take time,  

Whether confused or sublime, 

To remember and thank you all.  

 

Theirs – in case you haven't noticed, today is taxman day and “Theirs” is the acronym for The IRS! It’s an oldie, but goodie. So smile while you pay and then go out and elect some people wj ho will stop the spending. 

 

But the really good news is that Iran attack on Israel was essentially a dud. 99% of assault vehicles were intercepted and destroyed. It makes me feel really good that missile defense systems are so effective. It will make it easier to sleep. 

 

The other good news is that the baseball season is 10 % over and the Red Sox aren't out of it... yet. 

 

Die Rosenkavalier really brings out the energy of my favorite composer, Richard Strauss.  

 

The Question: 

Name five of the most common shore birds. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Goldman profits Surge Up 28%; Wall Street Loving Calm Following Iran Attacks; Apple Smart Phone Sales Under Pressure From, China's Rise as Competitor. 

--Israel War Cabinet Considering Retaliatory Options Against Iran; Allies Urge Restraint. 

--FBI Opens Criminal Investigation of Key Bridge Collapse; Reports Say Ship May Have left Port Knowing of Problems.  

--Tesla to Cut 10% of its Workforce; Some Analysts Sayit Could go to 20%. 

--Trump Goes on Trial in Hush Money Case; Just Rules Early Tat Other Trump Sex Escapades Can’t Be introduced by Prosecution. 

--Boston Marathon Kicked Off at Ten AM; Security High; Winners: Men - Sisay Lemma, Women - Hellen Obiri, Men’s Wheelchair - Marcel Hug, Women's Wheelchair - Eden Rainbow-Cooper, Men's Handcycle - Zachary Stinson, Woman’s Handcycle - Alicia Dana 

 

There is now little question in my mind that the biggest problem in the future for America will be efficient energy production. 

 

I will stay away from restaurants that advertise “Elevated Menu”. That means they’ve taken old favorites and added vegetables and even weirder stuff.  

 

India is the most populous Country and I see it as big complex anxiety ridden blob sitting there amidst the most anti-American power regimes in the world – China Iran and Russia. Whose side is it on. Or is there just too much internal strife stopping it from worrying about any outside country other than Pakistan. My guess is they, like China, see their future stability and growth based on economic progress. You can't sell to a country if they are shooting at you. I'll have to look a little deeper inside tat mammoth country. 

 

I look around and I see half the population looking healthier and the other half looking heavier. So, on average we are about even with my earlier generational years. 

 

*Not so much for vegans. 

 

I have given up thinking of joining the PGA tour. With my eyesight, I realize I will never be able to see the result of my 329-yard drives. Where's the fun in that. 

 

I heard a baseball announcer yesterday exclaiming over an “Gargantuan” Home Run of 426 feet. That is a 142-yard sand wedge for a PGA pro.  

 

Scott Sheffler was relentless in his down the middle shot making yesterday. It was a good Masters, but it became obvious early that Scottie was not about to pull a Greg Norman el Foldo.  

 

The tourists are back. The DPW has turned this place into n “Escape City”. It could be a new tourist attraction, the escape room idea on a bigger scale. I see many wandering automobiles trying to figure out which open road will actually take them out of town. Could be a new slogan - Come to Newport and get lost. 

 

I get worn out just watching windsurfers. 

 

The Answer: 

I Personally just love watching Sandpipers Scurrying at the ocean's edge. Other shorebirds of Note are Sanderlings, Plovers Terns, Gulls, Oystercatchers, Jacabans, Avocets, and Skimmers.  

 

A lot of people call Seagulls flying rats. But I think they are calming and awesome to watch. I'd never watch a rat.  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment