Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Cramming.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4.741

Basically we are all just people:

 

You get a good idea about all the monopoly money in big time sports, when you see coaches being fined $100K for not wearing a mask. One hundred thousand big ones for bear facing it. I firmly believe I live on another planet.

 

With the much anticipation of the debate looming, there is an all-out campaign going on to reduce expectations for Joe, which will be a sure-fire way for the press to put him on top.

 

I’m on a seafood diet. Every time I see food, I eat it.

 

I personally believe that Trump should not announce his nominee for the Supreme Court seat on the day that RBG will be first lying in State at the Capital. Is politics just another word for saying human respect and dignity is dead.

 

While it is possible to view our ae economy as one on a tightrope. some pretty smart investors like the fact that so many growth indicators are moving forward without the help of Stimulus money. The consumer is doing it, not anomalous outside influences.

 

The Question:

Quick – Who is the “Father of Psychoanalysis”? Bonus: What are considered the Ten Top “Dadrock” Bands. (Dadrock is urban dictionary for Classics Rock.)

 

The Headlines:

--Tech Stocks Go Negative Force Markets Downward After earlier 170 Point Dow Gain.

--Trump To Visit RBG Coffin At Supreme Court On Thursday.

--Cindy McCain Endorses Biden.

--China Said To Be Coercing Thousands Of Tibetans Into Mass Labor Camps.

--Another 4,000 Forced To Evacuate Cal Bobcat Fire.

--Taliban Still Has Ties To al-Qaida.

--Trump Lashes out At Various And Sundry Enemies, Dem And Repub Alike.

--Today Is Tesla Battery Day.

 

The Congress people speaking to the RBG succession sound like real drama queens and kings. It’s amazing how totally unbelievable the pronouncements of politicians have become. And, you know that if the shoe was on the other shoe, they would reverse their stance a nano-second with same maudlin pathos. It irritates my skin.

 

As a father of three, count em’, three daughters, any movies or TV series and programs that revolve around Daughters and Dads always gets to me at some level. I know you don’t care, but part of the Tids is just saying something meaningful.

 

Presidents are People too, Department:

Did you know that Prez Andrew Jackson was 6 feet tall and only weighed 145 pounds? And that he couldn’t control his salivating and slobbering?

 

I hate it when I miss out on a couples of Tids because I can’t read my handwriting in my notes. Maybe it will become clearer as I type on.

 

Two thousand pounds of Chinese soup is called Won Ton.

 

Nightly news reports just lately are focusing on what appears to be a rapid growth of new Covid cases. I have to believe it is all about kids returning to college and the high degree of intensive testing that is revealing more cases. But, as usual, the Press goes for hysteria as opposed to trying to give us insightful information.

 

Some businesses make it big for one simple fact – they strive to make great products that people like; always trv to keep the quality at its highest; charge reasonable prices. That sounds pretty simplistic, but you’d be amazed at how many businesses fail becasue they don’t get it.

 

I was standing in line at BK for my unhealthy chicken sandwich and crispy fries when a woman came up to me and said, “I can see you are probably a caring person, but you don’t need 7 ½ feet.” Huh, I said to myself. LI looked down and saw that the floor was made of 2 foot tiles, and yes I was a foot and a half over 6 foot distancing. I turned and saw she was smiling, almost laughing. I laughed too. No matter ow it may look these days, Life isn’t all about angry people.

 

Presidents are people too, continues, Department:

Did you know that George Washington only had one tooth left when he was president? When that fell out, he gave it to his dentist. Think what that would get at Sotheby’s

 

 

The Answer:

I know you knew it was Sigmund Freud!  Bonus: I’’ give you the Top 25. #1 was Toad the Wet Sprocket! Yikes! Next is Switchfoot followed by R.E.M. and then Queen, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd and at #10 The iconic Beatles. At #11 we have Red Hot Chile Peppers, followed by Counting Crows, Stone Temple Pilots, U2, The Smashing Pumpkins, Aerosmith, Soundgarden, Nirvana, INXS, Van Halen, Simon and Garfunkel, Rush, The Cars, Johnny Cash and at #25 Fleetwood Mac. Which Dads are these.? Some others of note are Journey and The Who at #27 and #28, Dave Matthews Band (31), Rolling Stones (39), Springsteen (50), CSN&Y ( 52), Cream (57), Bob Dylan (64) and the very Popular with mobs of traveling fans – The Grateful Dead at #69.

 

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. At my desk I have a work station.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment