Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Is the tension easing? Or am I just not watching anymore?

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,736

Dreaming Big:

 

Someday my goal is to write a Tidlet that is so profound and so fair and so easy to understand that everybody will stop arguing and begin to see the other sides of each other’s issues and merge the best ideas for all. It’s called give a little here, give a little there…and be prepared to sacrifice and love doing it. I don’t think I have a chance.

 

Adam and Eve were the first people to not read the Apple Terms and Conditions.

 

Could it be that we made it through those first always scary stock market days of early September relatively unscathed? Hope it is so. I’m thinking that all eyes will now be on the labor market. Will the job surge that began as summer opened now dry up? Or has business overall adjusted to Covid to the point where more workers can safely return. People working, earning and spending is always the key.

 

Trying to turn dreams into reality is hard work. But once to you experience the reality, the work doesn’t seem so hard at all.

 

The Question:

What were the top ten Songs for the years 1956 and 1986?

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Looking To Repast Strong Monday; China Reports Better Than Expected Retail Sales And Strong Industrial Production Numbers.

--Western Fires Too Strong For Normal Combative Strategies: Slowm Moving Sally Up To Cat 2 Just Before Hitting La, Mi.

--Prez Candidates Seem To be Spending Most On Just Six States.

--Chicago Gun Violence Continues; 43 Injured 10 Dead Over Weekend.

 

Covid baseball is a great time for lesser teams to try out prospects from all over their farm system. However, it is a relatively meaningless season that uses up one year of peak performance for high salaried stars.

 

Is there anybody smugger than Bob Woodward, the Original “I can walk on water” news observer. Oh yeah, maybe Scott Pelly.

 

Be the kind of person your pet thinks you are.

 

Lately I prize doing regular exercise and walking every day. That was regular, not rigorous exercise.

 

Golfers will be looking at Mamaroneck NY this week as the US Open tournament begins on Thursday at venerable Winged Foot Country Club. It is always a great tourney ad I can’t see it as being any less than great in this year of the Covid.

 

I’m looking at the rest of September and not seeing a sweltering Indian Summer in sight. Can you still say Indian Summer?

 

One of the early objectives for the Tids was to serve as a safe haven for all of those who felt browbeaten, bombarded daily by Healthy eating activists. It still is. And, rich creamy chicken gravy is still king.

 

Is the combination of reluctant mayors in unison with BLM giving agressors the impression that it is open season on police just doing their job protecting neighborhoods? It sure looks like it to me.

 

I remember in years past when almost all people always said, “I just love going to Chicago because the people there are so friendly and nice.”

 

As homes are converted for electric car charging and public charging stations are built across the nation, is it possible that Electric Utilities and manufacturers which produce products for utility generation and distribution will be the next hot stock sector.

 

We barely understand a smidge of what the world will be like in 20 to 30 years.

 

I’d like to be commenting more on the Presidential campaigns, but it is just all so predictable. Is it possible I am over politics for life?

 

Actually, I, we, should never stop paying attention. Keeping the basics of America solid is absolutely critical. I remarry the old phrase, “Apathy opens the crevices through which the left oozes in.”. Or, did I just make that up.

 

The Answer:

The top songs of 1956 were “Heartbreak Hotel,”, “Don’t Be Cruel”, “Lisbon Antigua”, “My Prayer”, “The Wayward Wind”, “The Poor People Of Paris”, Que Seram Sera”, “Hound Dog”, “Memories are made of This” and at #10 “Rock and Roll Waltz. Never in my life have I heard of ten Rock and Roll Waltz by Kay Starr. The top songs of 1986 were “That’s what Friends are For”, “Say, Say me”, “I miss You”, “On My Own”, “Broken Wings”, “How Will I Know”, “Party all the Times”, “Burning Heart”, Kyrie”, and #10 is “Addicted to Love” Lots of songs about Love in 1986.

 

If I liked Elvis, I should end this Tid with one of his songs, because he certainly dominated that year.

 

Thought for today. Don’t fall asleep on America. Somebody may be doing something to you when you aren’t looking.

 

 

 

 

The Answer:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment