Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Anything on TV Tonight:


Today's Tids Issue 4,760

See me around 10:30:

 

Personally, I think TV Presidential debates have jumped the shark. But I will tune in tonight, not that I expect to learn anything, mainly because they never talk about anything. But it may be entertaining or it could be disgusting again. I’m a proud patriot of The USA, and I hate when I seem discouraged about what is going on.

 

It’s hard to explain puns to a kleptomaniac because they always take things literally.


It looks like Covid will be hard on covens this year. I hear there is giant sign on the Massachusetts Pike that says, “Salem Mass is Closed! They are closing our towns. Struggling businesses will love this new Big Gov tactic – If we don’t like what you are doing, we can close you down in the name of Covid. Where’s that good witches brew when you been one.

 

The Question:

What is Franz Liszt best known for?

 

The Headlines:

--Trump/Bien Prepping For Hassel #3.

--Amy Coney Barrett Moved Out Of Judiciary Committee To Full Senate.

--New Jobless Calins Climb Higher Than Expected.

--Stocks Move Higher After Nancy Gives Small Thumbs Up To Stimulus Progress.

--US And Russia Scramble Jets InN another Series Of Intercepts.

--Hunter B’s Laptop Reportedly Tied To FBI Investigation Into Money Laundering.

 

It was very nice but not surprising to see Judge Amy voted out of the Judiciary Committee. Now, the BS begins. Politicians call it tactics and maneuvering.

 

It’s Pickin’ Time. Last week we managed a 10 and 4 record, bringing the season to 63-26-1 (71%). Tonight’s game is interesting only because it is with two big NFC East rivals -- The Jints and the Iggles. The NYG’s broke through last week but I like the Philly flyers. The tough matchups this week are pretty big, starting with Pitt/Tenn. Then there is s Cleveland/Cinn, Seattle/Ariz, NE/San Fran, Bears/Rams and TB/LV. If LV doesn’t get its entire line back from Covid, this could be a breeze for TB. I guess I have to pick TB. Reluctantly. I like both Tenn and Pitt, but I’m picking Pitt. Cleveland - Cinncy is obviously a great cross state rivalry, but this year both teams are playing much better football, which makes it also a football game. I think Cinn gives the Browns all they can take, but the Browns will slip through. Arizona has shown me something, but I have to stick with Seattle. SF vs NE will be a good one too. Jimmy J G returns to his first NFL home and the Pats will make it a tough homecoming. I think the Pats learned a lot from last week’s mess. Da Bear against the Rams is really tough. How good is Chicago. LAR can be iffy. I’m going with my heart and picking the former second city.

 

Of the rest it’s Buffalo over the Jets. GB coming back to take Houston, New Orleans over Carolina, Detroit roaring against the Falcons, The Chiefs riding the Broncos, the Chargers tossing Jax. Tow woeful underachievers, Dallas and Wash, is a no interest game for me, and could be dull. I’m picking the skins

 

Trump has two weeks to erase bad memories of 10,000 tweets. Now, that is a task.

 

My guess Is that over the next several years charges against police officers caught in the middle of these high profile, over wrought affairs will be reduced.  Basically, they were just doing their job under trying circumstances. Police are not called o sewing circle parties.

 

I wish I was funnier today. Presidential campaigns do this to me.

 

How childish has the US Senate gotten. The Dems  didn’t show for the vote on Amy. Instead they put sick people’s photos on sticks and set them in the chairs of absent lawmakers. Whatever happened to “deliberative body”. It was an insult to America and just plain embarrassing.

 

Any‘s confirmation is approved by 51% of Americans. The highest approval rating for recant judges was for John Roberts at 59%. #2 Highest with 54% was Soto Mayor. The others over 50 were Bork, Thomas, Ginsburg (53) and Alito. In the forties we had Gorsuch, Kagan, Kavanaugh and Alito.

 

The Answer:

If you are building a Liszt library you should have Totentanz, Piano Concerto’s 2 and 1, A H Faust Symphony, Piano Sonata in B minor, Mephisto Waltz No. 1, La Lugubra Gondola, the Hungarian Dances and The Hungarian Rhapsodies. Now, you are ready to Liszten!

 

If the noise gets too great on the Debate tube tonight, turn to Liszt.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment