Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, October 12, 2020

Relativity.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,754

Back Home Again:

 

In a restaurant: “The sandwich is tax free, but the alphabet soup has a Syn-tax.” Thanks to “Rhymes with Orange”.

 

The word “Scientist” is losing its credibility. Basically, anything touched by politicians these days over time loses its credibility. I remember when people seemed to look up to our leaders. Or perhaps it’s just me getting old with enough life experience to see mostly chinks in the armor of people who exist only to get reelected.

 

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday say that the greatest recent invention was Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice. I agree. Everything is relative.

 

Remember all of the last New Year’s jokes about 2020 Vision. I would bet that nobody saw Covid, permanent mask wearing and prevalent looting, among other craziness, coming.

 

The way we have looked at long term investing may be changing from the old tried and true conservative stocks and fixed income device combos, to base fundamentals in global giants like the massive broad-based China Company Alibaba, which could become a hedge against US stocks. I’m not smart enough to understand all of this, but I can see the value in Baba individually, and the most likely as a part of global substantiality which could counter US fluctuations. Obviously, change is inevitable, so looking around beyond accepted norms can’t hurt.

 

The Question:

John Denver died in a super light airplane crash 23 years ago today. What are his most memorable songs? That is if you think of John Denver as memorable. Everything is relative

 

The Headlines;

--Eyes Turn To Senate Judiciary Committee As Amy Comey Barrett Hearings Begin.

--Stock Market To Behave Nicely On Columbus Day Holiday.

--America Joins Together To Say, Thanks Christopher For Your Bravery In Discovering Us.

--Wisconsin Now Battling US Worst Corona Breakout.

--Dems Silence, Stance On Court Packing Could Cost Them Shot At Seate.

--Stanford Economists Wilson And Milgrom When Noble Economics Prize; Discovery To Improve Auction Theories.

 

 

Covid has accelerated the pace of Big Brother infecting our lives.

 

All Mac & Cheese is not created equal. It’s one of those foods that is better judged by what people grew up with; their satisfaction with M&C basically relative to what Mom made. I’ve never found M&C equal to mine mother’s. But chefs and food critics tell me to go here or there because is the best ever, relative to their personal views about M&C. I haven’t found that.

 

Why don’t athletes understand that most people turn to sports to relieve the pain inflicted upon them by all the political crap.

 

The RCP average hasn’t shown any growth at all in Biden’s margin over the Trumpster. But the betting odds published by RCP are widening the gap in favor of Joe. The Repubs still have a tiny edge in the Senate races.

 

When I worked, 3-day weekends were fine. Now, I just wish they would end so I can get back into my routine.

 

Relativity is most often tied to physics and that the speed of light is consistent. But I see relativity as pertaining to many variable standards we I encounter in life’s arguments. That constants are individual and that one person’s standard maybe vastly different than another’s, but entirely honest and believable to each. The attempt to measure equally against varying standards will in general produce disharmony. I, we should try too understand each individual standard for measurement before arguing differences. Mine is Ruby Red Grapefruit juice instead of E=MC 2

 

The 1980’s seem like yesterday to me. But they actually began 40 years ago. In fact, in 1983 in the town of Bryant Pond Maine they still relied on a ‘Crank Up” phone system for their 440 inhabitants. I bought a car cell phone in 1987. I still have the same number.

 

I like Roger’s And Hammerstein’s Carousel better than Hamilton. Enjoyment is relative.

 

I read a letter to the editor where a guy said he remembers the “Funny papers” as a kid but that now he is too old to admit that he reads them, and says he certainly wouldn’t do it in public. I say he has lost his soul.

 

I really become annoyed at Repub operatives trying to blame Chris Wallace for Trumps annoying performance at the first debate. DT, and DT alone created that childish image which may have soured too many extremely valuable voters. How do you retain credibility when you give into theories which any halfway intelligent person would find not believable.

 

Solar panel fields annoy me. They plunk down in the middle of beautiful country sides massive manmade collectors that appear to these eyes as totally inefficient on a productivity per square inch basis. And in 20 or so years (Manufactures say 25-30 years) as they become even less efficient. they will look just archaic to most likely newly developed energy sources. If it is possible to develop truly efficient energy sources without subsidies.

 

All conservationists are not created equal. To many like me, saving disappearing land is more relative than wasting it on a popular but probably short term, basically inefficient solution to cleaner energy.

 

You have heard of the “Herd Mentality” with regard to fighting Covid. The cartoonist Wiley in his daily effort, “Non-Sequitur” has another take called “Heard Mentality”, where people react and lose to statements like “Heard Covid will disappear by summer”, Heard Covid can be killed by drinking bleach”, “Heard Virus is a Hoax”, “Heard Face masks are a scam”… you get the picture. Wiley’s picture had these statements engraved on tomb stones.

 

Btw, I don’t think Trump did that bad a job fighting Covid. It’s all juts policeable rhetoric all over again.

 

The Answer:

To me, I’ll take “Take me home Country Roads”. Billboard lists his Top Ten: Ten is “Fly Away”. Next at #9 is “I’m Sorry”, followed by “Don’t close your eyes Tonight”, “Annie’s Song”, “Some days are Diamonds”, “Rocky Mountain High”, “Thank God I’m a Country Boy”, “Sunshine on my Shoulder”, Take me Home Country Roads” an at #1 – “Back home Again”.

 

 

I asked the question about John Denver’s most memorable hits. Others might say, dumb question, Denver had no memorable and certainly not great hits. Everything is relative.

 

Thanks Mom, for the Mac & Cheese with the crusty brown crispy cheese you had to scrape off the side of the bowl.

 

John Denver’s “Back Home Again” is singing to me today.

 https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+denver+back+hoem+again&view=detail&mid=0C10AD433373AC56A1760C10AD433373AC56A176&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fform%3dMOZTSB%26pc%3dMOZI%26q%3djohn%2bdenver%2bback%2bhoem%2bagain

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment